It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once Again!...Your Vote Tossed for $$$! Election ruled "Invalid"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Red Light camera citations resume in Houston.

This announcement came Saturday evening -- a day after the city of Houston lost another legal battle in the dispute with the company that installed red light cameras around the city.
Federal Judge Lynn Hughes handed down a late decision on Friday denying the city's request to appeal his decision that invalidated the red light camera election.
The city asked the judge for permission to appeal his initial decision two days ago. At the same time, Mayor Annise Parker turned the red light cameras back on, saying the city couldn't afford to pay ATS millions of dollars in damages.

So here's the deal.... Back in November the CITIZENS of Houston voted to overturn a city ordinance that allowed the Red Light Cameras. Of course the city was upset because they had made over $44 million in fines off the 70 or so cameras, and the company that owned the cameras was upset becasue they would lose millions in revenue as well.

What to do?....File a lawsuit declaring the election invalid! Problem solved! The city keeps issuing fines, the company that owns the cameras continues to make money, and the citizens of Houston get the hint that their vote is worthless!

I'm not arguing wheter or not Red Light cameras are good or not, I'm just pointing out another example of the Government disregarding the will of the people.

"Don't ME$$ With TEXA$!" - new corrected spelling.

Another Story: Judge Rules Red-Light Camera Election 'Invalid'
edit on 10-7-2011 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Only thing i am going to say is on this Democracy is slavery and Democracy is fake as the fixed the elections every 4 years i could say the same for eupore to.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And the some lawyer in Houston is going to make a fortune using the invalid election as a defense. Sure a federal judge may have ruled so-and-so, but traffic tickets are going to be taken to a local Houston court that hasn't invalidated the election results.... If the feds had any jurisdiction in the matter then maybe their ruling could have some juice - but there's a lot of money to be made defending the righteous citizens of Houston from the draconian forces of government - even if it is in traffic court.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

And the some lawyer in Houston is going to make a fortune using the invalid election as a defense. Sure a federal judge may have ruled so-and-so, but traffic tickets are going to be taken to a local Houston court that hasn't invalidated the election results.... If the feds had any jurisdiction in the matter then maybe their ruling could have some juice - but there's a lot of money to be made defending the righteous citizens of Houston from the draconian forces of government - even if it is in traffic court.

So very true!

The lawyers are the ones who win no matter what! Then they go on to become Judges!

Yea Legal System!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have lived in Texas for several years and HONESTLY, the people there get shafted FAR more so than any other state I ever lived.

You hear things like this all the time there. The politicians there (hard-core right-wing conservatives) have NONE of the best interests of the people in mind. Absolutely NONE.

Yet they still vote for them.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

well tex,
maybe you and your fellow texans need to all buy laser pointers.
and vote with that.

when the politicians try to waste your money again, nip it in the bud, right there.
and then make sure that these same politicians, can never sell y'all out again.

by making sure they never ever have a public sector job ever again,
not even as dog-catchers, or street sweepers.

top topics

join