It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Outsourcing is a Major Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Pentagon Outsourcing is a Major Problem

www.economyincrisis.org

The office of Connecticut Representative Chris Murphy (D) released a report last week that found that since 2007, the Pentagon has been granted hundreds of thousands of waivers to the “Buy American” law, costing the U.S. over half a million jobs. The report found that the Pentagon often exploits loopholes in the law. For instance, a waiver can be granted if the equipment is set to be used overseas. "Instead of looking at my company to supply the products that the Air Force needs, they issued a
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.economyincrisis.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

waiver, saying that these products were only made in China,” Jamie Gregg, President of Colonial Bronze, said in a statement. “Careless investigations into American made product availability like these are not only hurting my company and the families we employ, they are destroying U.S. manufacturing."

Would it surprise you to know that 58% of our US tax dollars are spent on our military

Well, so much for the “Buy American” law, it sounds more like propaganda now by the Department of Defense. There goes $53.5 billion overseas costing America 620,000 American jobs. I really am beginning to wonder if the Department of War has America's interest & security heart, because manufacturing oversea puts national security at risk.

This just makes me so angry at congress for passing more funding to the Department of Warfare, when our country's unemployment is high and deep in debt. Instead of investing the money in America, it is being wasted on warfare, while social safety program are put on the chopping block. The Department of Warfare should be disbanded since we don't need more war in the 21st century. We need a Department to Build America.

www.economyincrisis.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-7-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The Pentagon has learned from the private sector, that it is easier, cheaper and better to outsource whenever and wherever possible.

The USA has been defeated, doesn't realize it, and the real enemies never had to fire a single weapon at us to make it happen. Take everything they have slowly over time, and then watch them die a slow agonizing death.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
There're billions of people out there in the rest of the world. Good ol' USA could hire all of em and just leave the people in the US homeless and would it matter? I'm sure there're 250 million workers out there in the world that could do a better job than us. So why hire an american when you can find someone else that'll do better for less money? China alone has over a billion people and produces more math and science graduates than we do by far. So why should we hire an american math and/or science graduate and have to pay them more? This is average fare over there so we can get it at reduced cost. Supply versus demand, you know?

Lets just build our factories over there too. Cheaper. In fact, lets just forget the US ever existed.

Hell, since that person next to me eats healthy and I don't, I think I'll just give my food money to him instead. He can eat for me. I'll probably die, but since he's better at it then it's ok.

He just so happens to be asian. China, the new america. Lets give them everything we got.

All of our tax laws and unions and schools and human rights groups are a waste of money.

We could even have a suicide holiday that's all american. We could have a barbecue and a picnic and lotsa fun and then when the day is over everyone could stand around a bonfire and take a lethal pill and then get comfy in their sleeping bags and let themselves drift away into eternal sleep. It would be a great way to leave this world behind. It would be easier on all of the superior people out there so they don't have to worry about us or anything. It would even be green. America destroyed the earth and so this would help repay our debts to the environment.

The least we can do is give everything away and let superior people make the hard choices.
edit on 10-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
The Pentagon has learned from the private sector, that it is easier, cheaper and better to outsource whenever and wherever possible.

The USA has been defeated, doesn't realize it, and the real enemies never had to fire a single weapon at us to make it happen. Take everything they have slowly over time, and then watch them die a slow agonizing death.

what did you expect after dropping two nukes on a culture that has thousands of years of history.....all these nations on that side of the globe share a common military mind, its how they react that separates them as a culture.

SUN TZU ON THE ART OF WAR

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

The Chinese are not allied with Japan, the US/Japan war is irrelevant.

Sun Tzu is somewhat relevant.

Though, the execution and brilliance in this decades long silent war stands alone, and is worthy of praise despite the evil intent, for brilliance and execution alone.

When the USA finds itself at its weakest point, that is when a "death blow" will come.

We're almost there.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

some say its right now and some say its over and the reason why nothing has been made clear as they are all waiting for the dust to settle. Orchestrated events that have rocked the very foundations from the economic world to the national sovereignty of nations in the early part of this year were mentioned by a particular member with dates and regions being outlined right down to the extent of time conflicts would be in motion. What is comforting is that the majority of the us is not aware, let alone interested in issues that are at hand that are and will affect future generations way beyond their physical life cycle. The threats of cyber co-ordinated attacks is nothing new nor should it be considered a threat for that is why the very structure that helped provide the infrastructure is excluded from all and any law and any constitution for it is and has and will be considered that the national security outweighs any law or constitution or person/s.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Out sourceing has always been a problem, the government ought to know better...

SHAME ON YOU BIG GOVERNMENT!!!

There are plenty of American workers, who are willing and able to conduct the work. We have honorably discharged military veterans with security clearances and experience. Among active and fresh out of college civilians looking to cut their teeth in the big world.

Our government needs to sit in the corner and think about what it has done wrong.
edit on 10-7-2011 by ADVISOR because: forgot add above to reply ; )

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
S & F

Great thread....

The Pentagon has refused to release some of their more advanced technology during the past 30 or 40 years to American industry [Which would have helped US companies stay technologically competitive with the rest of the world] under the guise of "National Security" Meanwhile, US industry has gone down the tubes.

Now maybe they'll think twice and realize that the Failing economy and huge budget deficits due to lack of REAL US production and industry which has been compounded with their outsourcing to the cheapest foreign bidder is a REAL THREAT to National Security! Instead, they should be helping US companies stay viable and competitive in a global marketplace which creates jobs and tax revenue etc etc etc

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It should be an act of treason if the military buys foreign product. The catch is - They must be allowed to buy more expensive products from America. There should be no price limit with military spending. It's all numbers on a computer screen and no one needs to know what they are spending. Crap, the Chinese government fakes everything too. Lets play their same game, !@#$!

!@#$ the debt limit! The skies the limit!

Otherwise, the great eagle will be slain by the great dragon.
edit on 10-7-2011 by lostinspace because: removed vulgarity

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

!@#$ the debt limit! The skies the limit!

Good plan, only the dollar is already nearly worth less than the paper and ink its printed on.

Eventually, it will only be good for wiping asses.

What will we do when it takes $1,000 to buy a loaf of bread?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
How long befor ethe richest of the rich abandon ship?

Move to central asia, move there famalies and businesses, that will surley show the end for the US of A then.
it seems to be slowly creeping that way...

top topics

join