It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Gets First "Sharia Controlled Zone".

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

We are largely on the same page on this one. I do not wish to live in the UK should Sharia law become widely accepted. I am a kind of live and let live person. Tolerance is good. Many ordinary people would fight sharia law should it become big enough to become a challenge to our established legal system.

I believe in the consenting adulats concept. If two moslems wish to live by sharia law then good for them.

I watched the first episode of the Life of Mohammed and thogut it was a brilliant documentary. Mohammed was a very tolerant man when it came to the treatment of women. I am struck that he married and older woman and also did not make her give up her business...

I would urge everyone here to watch it on iplayer. The next episode is on tomorrow on the Beeb.

It is always good to see Stumason's comments too.

edit on 17-7-2011 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by fooks

Been in a few fights in my time and none of them were ever weighted in my favour, but haven't once ever lost an encounter.

One time I was coming out of a club and 6 guys jumped me from behind, bottled me and started a ruck because my GF wouldn't give them a blowjob..I know, right? How rude of her not to fellate some random men on demand.

I may have been outnumbered and outgunned, but I stood my ground, gave a couple of them a right hiding and the rest went packing.

Like I said, grow some man sacks. If everyone waited for the "right time" and when the "odds are in your favour", we'd be speaking German or French right now. It isn't the British way. A fair fight to a Brit is when the enemy outnumbers you a good 5-1. Anything less is not fair to your enemy

If a bunch of bearded wierdo's told me to down my beer on the way home after work, they'd be met with a colourful string of expletives detailing exactly what I thought of them. If after that they wanted to press the issue, I reckon I could spare 5 minutes.
edit on 17/7/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

If I was in your shoes I would have done the samething but alas a beer is not as important as a love one.

Taking the high road is also a British value.

ALS

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I started a thread on The Life Of Muhammed, www.abovetopsecret.com...

For some reason it got tucked away in Off Topic Discussions
as far as I can see there's hardly a more On Topic or talked about subject at present.
Maybe it's not sensationalist or narrow minded enough for some?

As posted in that thread, it will be interesting to see how some of the later events in Muhammeds life are portrayed.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Here we go again. I am not muslim and I am not defending their faith (I disagree with it as I disagree with all organised religion). This is just how I see things.

Firstly, British people are fundamentally selfish, ignorant and intolerant. Sure, there are those who are genuinely not, but they are rare. There are those who are openly "tolerant" but as soon as they are behind closed doors, they drop the act. Any difference is fair game, be it ginger people, downs syndrome sufferers, muslims, gays, too fat, too thin, the list goes on.

People forget how Britain got its wealth. Up to a few hundred years ago, Britain was poor and had next to no friends and allies, the French and Spanish were our mortal enemies. Yes, Britain survived and came out stronger, but instead of learning lessons, it decided to inflict upon the world the same things it had suffered. Invading and colonising nations around the world, it eventually developed a great empire. This empire was born of blood. Britain eventually left most nations and returned sovereignty to them, but they were left divided and at war with each other. The fact is, Britain is responsible for the instability in the Middle East and Africa.

Most people don't need to be told about British involvement in recent and current events, from the formation of Israel, to Iran in the 70's, to Iraq and Afghanistan, and currently Libya.

Then there is the way Muslims are treated in this country by ignorant idiots who know nothing about them. From what I know, the majority are just people who want to live their life in peace the way they want to. They are not a threat to anyone. But there's only so much bullying people can take.

So is it any wonder that SOME Muslims have contempt for the British, when they have destroyed their homelands for their own gain and made their lives here in the UK hell? So basically, if # does hit the fan, then the people of this country are getting exactly what they deserve.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Here we go again. I am not muslim and I am not defending their faith (I disagree with it as I disagree with all organised religion). This is just how I see things.

Firstly, British people are fundamentally selfish, ignorant and intolerant. Sure, there are those who are genuinely not, but they are rare. There are those who are openly "tolerant" but as soon as they are behind closed doors, they drop the act. Any difference is fair game, be it ginger people, downs syndrome sufferers, muslims, gays, too fat, too thin, the list goes on.

People forget how Britain got its wealth. Up to a few hundred years ago, Britain was poor and had next to no friends and allies, the French and Spanish were our mortal enemies.

Then there is the way Muslims are treated in this country by ignorant idiots who know nothing about them. From what I know, the majority are just people who want to live their life in peace the way they want to. They are not a threat to anyone. But there's only so much bullying people can take.

So is it any wonder that SOME Muslims have contempt for the British, when they have destroyed their homelands for their own gain and made their lives here in the UK hell? So basically, if # does hit the fan, then the people of this country are getting exactly what they deserve.

I agree with you about the role of imperialism and colonialism in the accumulation of British wealth. The British people are not fundamentally ANYTHING you allude to. People simply are people. There are boneheads in all countries and I have been to many. Ignorance is ignorance but you cannot rubbish an entire country. That is fighting ignorance with ignorance and entirely wrong. Britain has given the world a lot of good things as Moorish Spain gave the world.

Deny ignorance!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Actually, his post really hits key issues and is very much denying ignorance. It's as accurate as can be, go read some case studies and look at the social dynamics. Deny it all you want because you have been tricked as a human to worship a flag, it does not make what the poster said any less true.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well S and F from me. It is important that everyone tries to understand the elements of Islam that have set themselves as Britain's enemies as well as lessening our own ignorance of key aspects of the current geopolitical scene.

Rgds

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by stumason

For crying out loud, where were your man sacks? It's apathy and aquiesence such as this that allows such a situation to develop in the first place! Get a grip!

What were my other options? Maybe smash the bottle in his face then stab a few of the others with the broken end? Where would this get me? Hmmmm a one way ticket to the iron lock up.

In this situation violence was not the answer.

ALS

Tell them to fudge off and it's none of their business, then go on your merry way?

I wasn't advocating attacking them, just standing up for yourself.

It's a matter of principle. Give an inch and they'll take a mile.

If, however, they did attack you over it then by Jingo give them hell!

Even if you go down, go down fighting. If British history has taught us anything is that we'll take on the despots and arseholes, even when the odds are not in our favour, over a matter of principle.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Even if you go down, go down fighting. If British history has taught us anything is that we'll take on the despots and arseholes, even when the odds are not in our favour, over a matter of principle.

I believe you are wholly ignorant of history and how it ties in with the present. Enjoy wallowing in ignorance.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Go on then, educate.

We'll see who knows what.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Firstly, British people are fundamentally selfish, ignorant and intolerant.

Really? That's a gross over generalisation, isn't it? That's like saying all French are cowards, all Americans are idiots and all Russians are alcoholic rocket scientists!

There are those who are openly "tolerant" but as soon as they are behind closed doors, they drop the act. Any difference is fair game, be it ginger people, downs syndrome sufferers, muslims, gays, too fat, too thin, the list goes on.

being tolerant doesn't mean you have to like something. Being tolerant doesn't mean you have to watch your mouth behind closed doors. Being tolerant means you let others get on with their lives, even if you don't approve of it. In that regard, the UK is one of the most tolerant places you could find!

People forget how Britain got its wealth. Up to a few hundred years ago, Britain was poor and had next to no friends and allies, the French and Spanish were our mortal enemies. Yes, Britain survived and came out stronger, but instead of learning lessons, it decided to inflict upon the world the same things it had suffered. Invading and colonising nations around the world, it eventually developed a great empire. This empire was born of blood. Britain eventually left most nations and returned sovereignty to them, but they were left divided and at war with each other. The fact is, Britain is responsible for the instability in the Middle East and Africa.

Every Empire or even the modern "superpower" in history got their wealth this way. In fact, every country on earth at some point in it's history subjugated, conquered, raped and pillaged somebody else.

The one thing I like to cling on to is that, unlike the other Empires in history, we gave up ours willingly and even helped the fledgling countries set up democratic Government with constitutions. France, Spain or others did not do this....

Most people don't need to be told about British involvement in recent and current events, from the formation of Israel, to Iran in the 70's, to Iraq and Afghanistan, and currently Libya.

Actually, the UK was against the idea of a Jewish state and tried to prevent the massive Jewish migration there, which cost many British lives. Not quite sure how you can pin Afghan and Iraq on us, or even Libya. Look to our masters for those ones, namely the USA.

(Do not confuse the "Balfour Declaration" as offical policy. It was merely a letter from one minister to Baron Rothschild, embellished throughout history for poltical gain)

What bullying? Yes, there are some idiots, but they inhabit both sides of the fence, as demonstrated here. I work with Arab and Turkish Muslims, I don't have an issue with them and, for the most part, they are great blokes.

Only had issues with Pakistani Muslims when I worked in Slough though, they can be really militant and not a day would go past without them preaching at me, trying to convert me or saying how awful England was. I think that must be a sect thing... I won't pretend to understand.

So is it any wonder that SOME Muslims have contempt for the British, when they have destroyed their homelands for their own gain and made their lives here in the UK hell?

Made their lives hell? How so?

Destroyed their homelands? How so?
edit on 17/7/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Yes please enlighten us on your vast knowledge of British history, if you do not I will discard any and all post you make.

ALS

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

What role did the UK have in turning Iran into the Islamic regime it is now.

What role did the UK play in creating the turmoil in Iran? What role did BP have?

Go on your merry ignorant, superiority complex ridden way

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

BP isn't a British only run company:

But it's not just British investors with an interest in the oil giant. Around 40pc are from the UK and 40pc from the US.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

What role did the UK play in creating the turmoil in Iran?

Would you kindly enlighten me on this, I tried to a google search but got nothing. I am geniunely interested.

ALS
edit on 17-7-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Excuse me? You are talking rot! Britain, like any nation , has its extremists like the BNP and so on, but it is a total fallacy to assume on the basis of such examples that ALL persons of British nationality are of the ilk you describe. When we went to war in Iraq there were a million people in the streets of London, standing against the idea. The fact that anyone showed up for that protest what so ever, is proof positive that the large majority of the utter tripe you just spouted is complete nonsense.

Most people in this country despair at xenophobia of the type and depth that you describe. If anything that sort of BS thinking is more like the attitude of Americans than Brits.

People have NOT forgotten the Empire, and I am far from alone in recognising that period in our history , as the darkest and least laudable of them all. Most of us are horrified at the wrongs that were done in the name of so called progress, and if our nation tried to do anything of the sort again, the large majority of the nation would take parliament and butcher every single MP supporting such an action.
We KNOW what we are responsible for as a nation in the main, and it is only isolated pockets of morons who have avoided gaining that understanding.

It is true that ignorant idiots treat Muslims badly. Those self same idiots treat EVERYONE badly , and are not representative of the majority in this nation, and I would thank you to take your tarring brush , and chew on it before painting us so broadly with it. As someone who has fought against xenophobia my whole life, in support of ethnic minority saftey and in the spirit of worldwide brotherhood, your assumptions are both wrong, and utterly disgusting to me, and need to be revised, lest you illuminate your own complete lack of understanding of the way things work here.

No, its no wonder that those who have been accessed by the small minority of sociopathic xenophobes in my nation, are up in arms. I would be pretty damned angry too , if I had to put up with mobs of skinheads all the time. They disgust me utterly, and represent everything my grandfathers fought to protect these isles from in the second world war. I consider it an insult to thier memory , and the sacrifices of numberless men of these isles during that war, that any such persons can wander around opressing those of religious or ethnic minorities.

However, it is not true to say that these criminals are operating with a mandate from the people. These skinheads, most of them chavs, have no large scale support,and as the grandson of two men who made the slaughter of Nazis thier mission , I do not tolerate them in my town. I have before now run such folk out of my neighborhood, and will do so again if they raise thier heads above ground for long enough for me to get a cricket bat to them.

Again I say, do NOT presume to tar my nation , or its people , with a wide and tainted brush. We the British people are NOT all hate filled , vile rascists, and many of us would stand alongside a person of ethnic minority background, against any race related attack. I have many times,and I am not alone. Get your facts straight.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Operation Ajax, as it was known in the UK, was also a major US operation too. That said, the Shah was the main reason why the youth and Islamic leaders rose up, due to his brutal supression of any opposition to his rule.

Originally posted by Zamini
What role did the UK play in creating the turmoil in Iran? What role did BP have?

Why ask the same question twice? BP had no role to play in Operation Ajax, it was the Anglo-Persian Oil company which went on to form part of British Petroleum which was formed in 1954 and BP did not exist until 1998.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

How can any racist stereotype about the British be acceptable to you? "British" is a huge label as to worshiping a mere flag well you sir do not know me one bit but dream on if it makes you feel better. The truth is the truth.

Did you know that at one the sun could never set on the british empire. So all of those people could be covered by your friend's simple stereotype?

You ar no longer in Kansas my friend

Have you ever seen the bBritish in London???

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Thank you for sharing your personal opinion of the British people:

That is one of the most amazing statements I have ever read. You are the perfect person to defend Muslims from "ignorant idiots". I wouldn't call you an ignorant idiot, I don't have to: your statement says it all.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

The problem is, I am not talking only about extremists. I am also talking about normal people, who are not affiliated with groups you mentioned. I guess unless you are on the receiving end then you cant understand. Without going into details, my situation has a way of bringing out people's true colours.

You wont believe how many two-faced people there are in this country. They are nice when they want something from you, but as soon as they get what they want, they are not so nice. People are incredibly selfish, especially when dealing with someone different to them requires some form of effort or understanding. Sure, some people step up to the mark, but most do not.

If you are "normal" and "fit in" then you will get along just fine, you will ignore or turn a blind eye to bullying and intolerance, even going as far as to calling it "harmless banter" when you clearly have no idea how it is affecting the target, and im sure the idea of stopping it doesn't enter your head, even after you get the reaction you were baiting in order to justify the way you treat those different to you.

I am talking through not only my own experiences and observations, but through others close to me who have been through similar things. I have lived in different towns, and been involved in different circles of people, and the experiences have all been similar. It IS a fundamental problem with British society, regardless of what you may believe.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It sounds to me like the Brits lost their balls and are weak spineless floor mats to be trampled over.

They call Americans 'lazy' but NOTHING is more lazy that allowing all of their RIGHTS to be taken away, and now this BARBARIC SICK TWISTED nonsense being shoved down their throats on their own HOME-SOIL by savage barbaric foreigners and their idiotic sick beliefs.

Very pathetic. Dont EVER insult any American ever again nor anyone else on the planet until you all grow some balls and stand up for your people and your land..

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join