It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Gets First "Sharia Controlled Zone".

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

There is never going to be Islamic law in Britain. The suggestion is ludicrous and logistically impossible, but people have the right to campaign for it if they want to.
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I am surprised to hear a Muslim say these words. I dread to think what might happen to that Muslim if he were to speak those words publicly to his brothers in faith. At best, his fellow Muslims might remind him that it is part of his and every Muslims belief that Islam will spread and conquer every corner of the world, to be ruled under Allah's Divine Law - The Shariah!

So, Holmes, are you ignorant of your own religion, if indeed you are a Muslim, or are you deliberately trying to mislead people with your "Islam for Dummies" guide.

I personally hope you are correct. I hope that there will never be Shariah Law in the UK. Can you truthfully say the same? Can any true Muslim say the same? The answer is "No", because you would be called a Kuffar! an Appostate! by every one of your brothers and sisters. And we all know what happens to Kuffars and Appostates don't we?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sean_uk
I am surprised to hear a Muslim say these words. I dread to think what might happen to that Muslim if he were to speak those words publicly to his brothers in faith. At best, his fellow Muslims might remind him that it is part of his and every Muslims belief that Islam will spread and conquer every corner of the world, to be ruled under Allah's Divine Law - The Shariah!

I'm not a Muslim, bro.

All that stuff claiming that Muslims have to do this, that or t'other, because of scripture, is just nonsense.

Once again, you are another person who is guilty of pigeonholing 1.5 billion Muslims into some kind of bizarre single entity of robotic group-thinkers.

The predominant religion in the UK is Christianity; need I remind you of some of the less than PC passages of Christian scripture ?

Do all 2 billion+ Christians in the world believe, interpret and act upon every single word of the Bible in identical fashion ?

Of course not !

So why would you assume that a broad geographically and culturally diverse Muslim population interpret and act upon every word of the Qu'ran and Hadith in the same way ?

So, Holmes, are you ignorant of your own religion, if indeed you are a Muslim, or are you deliberately trying to mislead people with your "Islam for Dummies" guide.

I don't see how I'm ''misleading'' people by stating facts, rather than prejudiced views garnered from ''news''papers such as the Daily Fail.

One of my pet peeves is intellectual dishonesty, and, while I accept that I may be wrong on occasion, I can assure you that all of my posts are made from honest observations of the world.

I personally hope you are correct. I hope that there will never be Shariah Law in the UK.

I can guarantee you that there is absolutely no possibility of Islamic law being introduced in the UK.

Muslims make up 4% of the population, and most of those are descendants of Pakistani, Indian and Bangladeshi immigrants who came here in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s, and who consequently have a more Westernised view of society. If truth be told, many of the younger British Muslims are pretty fuzzy in their faith, and just keep hold of the Islam as an act of respect and reverence towards their culture.

How on Earth would they get the remaining British population to bow down to a British Islamic theocracy which only has the support of a few thousand fruit-loops ?

A lot of Islamophobes like to mention the higher birth-rate of Muslims in Britain, but what they are failing to mention is that, on average, first, second and third generation immigrants all have higher birth-rates.

Bearing in mind that most immigrants to Britain come from predominantly Christian countries, then the high birth-rate of immigrant Christian families will more than cancel out that of Muslim families.

Can you truthfully say the same? Can any true Muslim say the same? The answer is "No", because you would be called a Kuffar! an Appostate! by every one of your brothers and sisters. And we all know what happens to Kuffars and Appostates don't we?

You should submit an entry to the Guinness Book of Records. You must have set a world record for the widest brush - which you have subsequently used to tar all Muslims with. Congratulations !

Many Christians believe that non-believers will eternally burn in a literal hell, so we know that all Christians must believe that, and that they will kill all non-believers.

edit on 16-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Example

As the good bible says, ask and ye shall receive.

There you have an example. And it's not the only one.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

That's just unexcusable and absolutely horrific....and there are far too many similar stories to this.

But to be honest just where's the relevance with this thread?

Yes it was committed by a pair of evil bastards who put on a public display of being Christian and who probably thought their weekly trip to church absolved them of their sins but it wasn't done in the name of religion and it's not a honour killing.
And they weren't trying to establish a Christian only Bible controlled area.

Sensationalism and an attempt to play on emotions.

A cheap shot.

edit on 16/7/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

And now you are trying your very best to say it is because the people were insane. And that's good because I agree with you. That's what I've been saying all along.

Sensationalism?

And you're bashing Muslims left and right and that's not sensationalism? Grow up.

And they weren't trying to establish a Christian only Bible controlled area.

You can try to weasel out of it...insane people are insane period. They hide behind religion.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Either 82% in Egypt are insane (I would want to hear the medical explanation for such widespread insanity epidemic), or there must be also some other explanation for such thinking.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c68b6847a3f9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You are trying to link that horrific crime with the topic of this thread and honour killings, that's sensationalism and playing on emotion for dramatic effect.
There is no link apart from both honour killings and this crime being barbaric and inexcusable.
But it's NOT a cultural thing like honour killings are.
And it has absolutely nothing to do with the intended imposition of Sharia in a London borough or any possible Christian equivallent.

So one has to question your motive for posting the link in this thread.

I'll repeat it just so it sinks in; personally, I think it was a cheap attempt at sensationalism and emotional manipulation.

And show me one post where I have made a general attack on Muslims per se.
Radical and extreme interpretations of Islam yes, but if you can't distinguish between a dislike of a belief system and racially motivated attacks then that speaks more about your lack of understanding and bigotted pre-conceived ideas than it does about anything else.

Strange how every time I have asked you to supply any sort of supportive evidence to back your wild and ludicrous accusations up this has been the only attempt so far, and what a massive and cheap fail it's been!

ETA
Some religious people are insane and hide behind their alleged religious convictions and whichever particular dogmatic creed they have chose or been indoctrinated in, but most aren't insane - they either simply need something to believe in or belong to or simply know no better.
Some insane people are atheists or agnostic.
edit on 17/7/11 by Freeborn because: grammar and ETA

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
You put you're beer down because they told you to?

This is not something common in the UK before people start assuming because the OP let them walk over him that others do so in this country. The area is not controlled, they are putting out leaflets? If it is made out to sound like a "controlled area" I guess the OP will save some pride but in reality all I see in the OP is people handing out leaflets and a story of a beer he threw away because he was told to. No offence

Exactly...

The OP attempts to stir up a non-issue by a group of nobheads (This is not offical policy or even legal by any definition) but admits to allowing a bunch of god-botherers (whatever God they bother is not my concern) to make him get rid of his beer!

For crying out loud, where were your man sacks? It's apathy and aquiesence such as this that allows such a situation to develop in the first place! Get a grip!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

he's a victim of circumstance! nyuck, nyuck!

4, 5, 6, 8, guys after work, walking home, surprised by the aggression etc, i'd put it down too.

come back later when the odds are more even, ok.

pick your battles is a good rule of thumb.

especially ones you can win.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

And you're bashing Muslims left and right and that's not sensationalism? Grow up.

And if I was doing that, and not attacking the belief system why did I post this?

"As for those discussing 'honour killings'; yes, it is a real and growing problem.
But it is not unique to Muslims.
It is very much a cultural thing and is equally as common within Hindu, Sikh and other 'Eastern' religious communities.
There have been instances in places as diverse as Brazil, Argentina as well as the Middle East, Asia, North Africa etc."

Please re-read the whole post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you have comprehension problems or can't you see past your own bigotry?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Been in a few fights in my time and none of them were ever weighted in my favour, but haven't once ever lost an encounter.

One time I was coming out of a club and 6 guys jumped me from behind, bottled me and started a ruck because my GF wouldn't give them a blowjob..I know, right? How rude of her not to fellate some random men on demand.

I may have been outnumbered and outgunned, but I stood my ground, gave a couple of them a right hiding and the rest went packing.

Like I said, grow some man sacks. If everyone waited for the "right time" and when the "odds are in your favour", we'd be speaking German or French right now. It isn't the British way. A fair fight to a Brit is when the enemy outnumbers you a good 5-1. Anything less is not fair to your enemy

If a bunch of bearded wierdo's told me to down my beer on the way home after work, they'd be met with a colourful string of expletives detailing exactly what I thought of them. If after that they wanted to press the issue, I reckon I could spare 5 minutes.
edit on 17/7/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

yes, it is a real and growing problem.

THIS is a REAL and GROWING problem.

You scared little ignorant fools being tricked by Mossad to hate Muslims and Arabs to keep you occupied is your own personal problem. As I pointed out, there are insane and uneducated people in all walks of life. This entire topic is based on nothing but speculation YET you choose to argue and argue, effectively being tricked by people such as fooks(who are only here to incite hatred towards Arabs and Muslims and for the love of me I can't understand why the mods have not banned him yet).

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Please, go stuff imaginary numbers where the sun don't shine.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Yes but do non moslems want to have drugggies and prostitutes being on the street corner? Is this truly a good fruit of western civilisation?

Anyway if we take out th hot button topic of Islamists and replace it with "Fundamentalist Xtians" would that be more acceptable?

I would be happy if anyone would take out the photos of prostitutes that are still stuck up in the telephone booths.

edit on 17-7-2011 by Tiger5 because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Yes, it is a real and growing problem here in the UK, but not JUST amongst Muslims.
I've stated that clearly on more than one occassion.
What part of what I've posted do you find hard to comprehend or are you just so ignorant and arrogant that you blatantly ignore large sections of a post to cherry pick one sentence or phrase and then twist and manipulate it to turn it into something completely different but which fits into your pre-conceived and bigotted viewpoint, but still fails to convince anyone else?
And wtf has it got to do with Mossad?
These are real and everyday occurrences.

I am beginning to think you are deliberately trying to provoke and wind me up, your posts are that assinine and inflamatory and have abdolutely no basis in reality.
You have consistently refused to supply any evidence or sourced material to supply your outlandish claims and accusations execpt deliberately trying to sensationally link a completely unrelated act of human brutality to this thread.

I have just deleted a large paragraph as I have no desire to transgress T&C, all I can say is that I have never seen so much nonsense come from one member in all my time here.
At least attempt to offer some sort of reasoning to support your claims and accusations.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

And there are no 'druggies' in Arab or Muslim countries?
Or Muslim drug users?
Or prostitutes?
Or Muslim tricks?
Or Muslim pimps?

Not saying it's unique to Muslims, far from it, but they are not exempt from the temptations that face us all and, as we are frequently being told, are just the same as the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Indeed...

Look at some "hardcore" Islamic countries, such as Iran or Afghan and see that they too have their drug problems, prostitution issues etc and they tend to be more accute due to society simply not being equipped to deal with them due to the backward nature imposed by religion.

For example, Iran and Afghan have MAJOR heroin problems. In Islamic countries in general, prostitution is given legitmacy by the possibility of "temporary" marriages.

To pretend that the Muslim countries are virtuos, clean adn beyond reporach on moral grounds is simply being ignorant at best, or deliberately misleading at worst.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

While I believe that this whole topic is an over sensationalised bunch of nonsense (the control zones having no official backing, therefore making them largely irrelevant) I believe that people in general wether Muslim, Christian , Atheist, or otherwise , would rather not have to see folks doing drugs on the streets, or walking along drinking a can of stella (I mean if you must drink in public , drink a British beer, like Old Speckled Hen, or Adnams Broadside, or a nice drop of Waggle Dance).

However, there are drinking control zones , in which a policeman may require you to dispose of , or cease consumption of any alcoholic beverage you may be carrying. In other places there are fines which can be handed out for drinking in some areas. Crucialy however, these locations by laws and regulations are enforced by police officers, in accordance with British law.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Indeed. There is such a zone in Reading. By and large, it has helped curb street drinking by the few who like to cause trouble after drinking Tenents Super or something.. You know the type.

Like you said though, these are enforced by the only people with the authority to do so, the Police and have no bearing on what fictitious sky-monster you want to waste your life believing in.

FYI though, Prostituion isn't illegal in the UK and to be honest, it should be further legitimised to protect the girls/guys working the industry. In Europe, where they are alot more advanced on the matters of Drink, drugs and Prostitution, they do not have the level of accuteness that we see here because they are grown up about it, not trying to punish people for something that has been going on for millenia and has only really become illegal since the 1930's after the wave of Victorian and Edwardian conservatism and industrial interests....
edit on 17/7/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

For crying out loud, where were your man sacks? It's apathy and aquiesence such as this that allows such a situation to develop in the first place! Get a grip!

What were my other options? Maybe smash the bottle in his face then stab a few of the others with the broken end? Where would this get me? Hmmmm a one way ticket to the iron lock up.

In this situation violence was not the answer.

ALS

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join