It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Gets First "Sharia Controlled Zone".

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
So say tomorrow my daughter gets involved with a boy whom I dont like and have no time for
I then kill my daughter because I have recently converted to islam , and under sharia law in the UK I can get off scot free ?

I dont think so , killing someone is still murder , regardless of religion , the person who killed them would still get life sentence depsite their religion .

Im not a muslim , but I could just kill my daughter , convert to islam and then say it was an honour killing and id be cool to carry on as normal !

Its true that most people willing to kill another human being , have something wrong with them mentally , and therefore people who kill over religion are just as crazy if not more !

Its a human rights violation to begin with , and the united nations should immediately hold everyone accountable for honour killings as they breach human rights !

This would be my major beef with islam right there , the way they treat women , they are mere dogs , and I think that the reason muslim men dont allow the same level of equality with their women is because the men know that their women would be more powerful and successful than them .

edit on 15-7-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
So say tomorrow my daughter gets involved with a boy whom I dont like and have no time for
I then kill my daughter because I have recently converted to islam , and under sharia law in the UK I can get off scot free ?

I dont think so , killing someone is still murder , regardless of religion , the person who killed them would still get life sentence depsite their religion .

Some victims of 'honour' punishments/killings, are never even reported as missing and as such, there is no police action that may lead to the recovery of a body and subsequent murder enquiry and prosecution.

Im not a muslim , but I could just kill my daughter , convert to islam and then say it was an honour killing and id be cool to carry on as normal !

Wrong way round. The murder will have been agreed/sanctioned under Sharia (in principle only of course! I'm not suggesting Sharia rulings in matrimonal or family cases order any 'honour' kill! But then I have no personal, first hand experience of Sharia!) the family will feel they have the mandate of Allah to carry out the punishment. There would be no further involvement by or with the Sharia court and the conditions and process I've mentioned above would then apply, ie, dead body/suspicious circs/murder enquiry/prosecution in the criminal courts.

Its true that most people willing to kill another human being , have something wrong with them mentally , and therefore people who kill over religion are just as crazy if not more !

Its a human rights violation to begin with , and the united nations should immediately hold everyone accountable for honour killings as they breach human rights !

This would be my major beef with islam right there , the way they treat women , they are mere dogs , and I think that the reason muslim men dont allow the same level of equality with their women is because the men know that their women would be more powerful and successful than them .

I think the treatment of women in Islamic culture is why, ultimately, Islam will fall.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot

I think the treatment of women in Islamic culture is why, ultimately, Islam will fall.

I don't think that is the right question.

It's a question of "how do Islamic women feel about Islamic men?"

The ideal of an Islamic woman will view her man a the only valid, and living, interpretation of the Quran. As the Quran is only to be truely understood in Arabic, and even then only by men.

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The replies on this thread are moot. There is no Sharia controlled zone in the UK, and anyone trying to enforce such a rule set on any area of UK soil is open to prosecution under UK and probably EU law as well. Any assertion to the contrary is a result of fearmongering among media figures, with the collusion of nationalist elements in my nation, and are therefore to be ignored out of hand. Fear may be the mind killer, but it does not rule in the United Kingdom of Great Britain.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

the biggest problem is the women of islam. they have no rights, and they're forced to comply with sharia law. in the UK, sharia law courts exist, and women's rights are suppressed by men who think they're all that because they have a penis.

honor killings (and how many unreported child and spouse abuse cases) go to show that it is a real issue.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Which is nothing to do with the topic at hand. Again, the control zone described in the article at the head of this thread does not exist in any realistic fashion, and the implementation of laws other than those written FOR this land by this land, or by the EU will be met will full legal sanction. Therefore the control zone is toothless and will not be allowed to hand out false justice on our streets without comming under fire, and having its enforcers arrested and charged with any crime they may have committed in the commission of thier so called duties.

What Muslim women think, what Muslim men think, what thier clerics believe or do not believe is utterly irrelevant to the situation at hand. The plight of Islam as a faith is not relevant to the thread, nor are the individual beliefs or desires of isolated sects, brotherhoods, and cabals within the Muslim faith.

The facts are relevant, and they are that the articles claims that a Sharia law zone (that is , an area which has been government designated as a Sharia controlled zone, which will have Sharia courts whose laws will carry the same weight in this land as the statute books which Britain has compiled over the centuaries) has been created are demonstrably false.
Frankly speaking, though baring no ill will to any man, of any creed or colour, I couldnt give a toss about any of the other twaddle that gets bandied about regarding this issue. The only important thing about this article, is that it is absolutely false, and that any group attempting to enforce sharia law in this nation in any meaningful way, WILL be sanctioned by the law of this land for attempting to subvert the existing justice system here, and for any other crime they may have committed in the carrying out of that offence.

Thats all there is to it. Nothing else concerns me in the least... would you like to know why ? Because all mankind has free will. Those who remain so trapped in tyranny in this country , do so because they refuse to excersize thier will out of pathetic fear, and NOT because thier oppressors are particularly powerful or particularly dangerous. The weakness which prevents a woman defending herself from a man physicaly is understandable. The weakness of mind which prevents a woman escaping from a man and seeking aid and shelter is not. Therefore, with the greatest will in the world, its not our problem to fix.

All that matters at this point is that there is no Sharia beach head in my nation, and I will here assert that there never will be.
edit on 15-7-2011 by TrueBrit because: grammar issues

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Your trust and faith in the British injustice system is quite touching TrueBrit!

Of course it will be many years before any possibility of Sharia controlled zones being legally permited in English Law but the current reality is that there are police no-go-zones that are also, not legally sanctioned but nevertheless exist! Not as bad as France yet but at current population growth patterns, it won't be long.

And police no-go areas, whether in predominantly criminal communities or in predominantly ethnic minority communities, are notoriously (and historically) run or organised by the 'laws of the jungle', only the strong survive! Which under Sharia that values all women and children as chattels and lables those who dissent or who claim their rights under national law, as shamefully miscreant and worthy only of death actually means there are British citizens who are not afforded full protection under the law.

You say you will not permit Sharia? How's that then?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is to clean up the writing type error, I can write not illiterate maybe need to brush up on a few skills but anyway here is a better version of my last post because I got a few spelling mistakes but have expanded on the issue now.

The point they want to take over it is their duty to it is what they have been preached to do and the moderates won’t stop it either. There are websites about them taking over Rome and plenty of Muslims are there already because deep down some believe it is their prophecy and duty to do so. They have gone to all the major cities in Europe, and soon over populate regions and enforce their own laws. This also happened in Israel if you read the Old Testament because the Jews kept losing their faith and went after other gods and they lost their land and had to go into battle just so they can reclaim it, one day Europe will be like this and America is fighting for the freedoms in protest of the ground zero Mosque.

Revelation 20
4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Who is doing the beheading today, more Christians are killed this way than most groups in the Middle East and the news has witnessed the blasphemy laws in Pakistan and we have seen the final outcome.

It is funny how Armageddon and the war of Gog and Magog is all in the middle east in Bible prophecy before Islam was even a religion while Persia Iran is a big end time player, read Daniel 10,11 Ezekiel 38, Psalm 83, Mathew 24 and other prophecies and Babylon-Iraq where the wave of large armies gather from the East.
If these are the signs of the times then this could be the case.

Revelation 16
12 The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East.
16 Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.
So what this means is that the end time battles before God concerning Israel and that region will be by some empire or leader s that are of course non Christian and preach a different Gospel.

This is in Iraq known as Babylon because the rivers point to that area and they are still flowing today.

Ezekiel 38 and Daniel 11 and 12 go together and this involves a time of the Tribulation period before the end involving Persia-Iran and other nations, some say Russia also who are coincidently supplying arms and nuclear technology to them.

www.christianpost.com...
T
he Great Prophet Six: Day 2 of Iran's War Games

Fourteen missiles were fired by Iran’s Revolutionary Guards on Tuesday, day two of the 10-day war games entitled “The Great Prophet 6.” The games are designed to be a display of strength toward Iran’s two prominent adversaries: the U.S. and Israel.

"The range of our missiles has been designed based on American bases in the region as well as the Zionist regime," says Comander Amir Ali Hajizadeh, head of the Revolutionary Guards’ aerospace department, reported Reuters.

Now go back to Daniel 11 and 12

Will they set up the Abomination that causes Desolation? The Image of the Beast?

It happened in Israel in the ancient times and is said to happen again, read Matthew 24 because it is about the future concerning Daniel’s prophecy.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

ranian scientists have unveiled the country's second humanoid robot.
The robot, named Sorina 2 after an ancient Persian warrior, was designed and manufactured by 20 Iranian experts from Tehran University.
The official Iranian press release promises that it 'can replace human beings in carrying out sensitive tasks in different situations.'

It is shaping up this way, the future is not yet set or determined.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pattyngayle
Excuse me sir (or ma'am) but do your homework, this # is real. Read some newspapers. The UK is allowing the Muslim community to implement their own law while exempting the UK laws in those areas, also the MAC are trying to have all the UK imprisoned Muslims released to these little areas.

That'll be ''sir'', to you.

Seriously though, if by ''read some newspapers'', you mean the manufactured anti-Muslim bile that we are subjected to in the Daily Fail on a regular basis, then I don't think I'll bother.

Please provide us with just one reputable source which shows that the UK is allowing some Muslim areas to implement their own law and ignore the law of the land. You won't be able to, because what you have stated is nothing more than a figment of your imagination.

MAC are publicity-seeking trolls, who are nothing more than a Muslim version of the EDL. I wouldn't take any statements that they make at face value.

Originally posted by pattyngayle
I am sorry I have nothing against the Islamic religion
BUT I DO NOT agree with any racial group, religion, political assay, etc to immigrate to another country to change its laws. If you would like to live under Sharia Law (which is basically the "law" of Islam..) go back to your own f k ing country.

So you don't believe in freedom of speech ? You don't think that people should be allowed to advocate political or social change ?

There is never going to be Islamic law in Britain. The suggestion is ludicrous and logistically impossible, but people have the right to campaign for it if they want to.

Oh, and this is there own *ahem* ''flipping'' country.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
honor killings (and how many unreported child and spouse abuse cases) go to show that it is a real issue.

Honour killings are cultural, and are certainly not confined to Islam. They occur in many parts of South Asia, the Middle East, Africa and even Europe. Many cases involve Hindus, Sikhs and Christians killing family members because of some supposed sleight on the family's honour.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Just a touch of nostalgia, not intended to be off topic.

Imagine a science fiction film such as the original "Time Machine" based on HG wells famous book.

In that film the time travelling scientist went forward initially to 21sth century England (the film was made in the sixties.

In the film There wasn't a Muslim in sight in London. when he zoomed to 21st century London...imagine that same film showing London with Islamists outnumbering traditional Londoners , watching the film we may have assumed England in the future had been invaded.

It wasn't....they were invited...truth is stranger than any HG Wells story.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Please post some sources

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

One can call it social change, but to put it in perspective, islam is a theocracy and it is incompatible with Western culture and values.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42

One can call it social change, but to put it in perspective, islam is a theocracy and it is incompatible with Western culture and values.

And perhaps that is the intent of those who decided to implement cultural imperialism on Western Christian/athiest nations?
They tried it big time with Stalins regime...now they are using Islam.

Divide and conquer,it is a very solid and proven way for those who follow their own special agenda.
And it is working big time, the Islamists are seen as the enemy, yet they are open about their aims, for that I respect them...the real enemy uses them to destroy.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Please post some sources

In Egypt, a Christian brother and uncle of a woman, who converted to Islam against her family's will, are sentenced to death for murdering her Muslim husband, and injuring her and their baby daughter.

af.reuters.com...

''Indian village proud after double honour killing''. This is a Sikh couple who were strangled to death by 5 men in their village because she fell pregnant, and it's considered ''dishonourable'' for a man and woman of the same village to marry in that part of India.

www.enn.com...

Hindu grandfather murders his granddaughter after finding out that she was seeing a boyfriend of another caste.

www.indianexpress.com...

An 18-year-old Hindu woman shot dead by her brother for eloping with her boyfriend.

articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Sikh mother charged with murdering her pregnant 19-year-old daughter.

www.guardian.co.uk...

A Palestinian Christian woman bludgeoned to death by her father because she wanted to marry a Muslim.

www.guardian.co.uk...

In Britain, a Sikh father was jailed for hiring a hitman and plotting to kill his daughter because she was going out with a Jewish man.

www.thisislocallondon.co.uk...

Another Sikh honour killing in Britain. A grandmother found guilty of murdering her daughter-in-law because of an affair, and because she was seeking a divorce.

news.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 15-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Despite the fact that most predominantly Muslim countries aren't theocracies ?

It is perfectly compatible with Western society, as is the case in the Balkans, Turkey, Central Asia and many parts of West Africa. Not that these regions aren't without their religious extremists, it's just that they do not dictate matters in a lot of the countries, unlike some countries in Arabia and South Asia.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Kinda matches that GREEN ZONE in Iraq..
Except at least the muslims didn't flatten the country first
and justify it with a TOTAL DIAPER LOAD.... (No WMDs)

remember how the interim government in Iraq
first thing they did was totally took away Iraqi womens rights

hah
but don't worry,
if you think muslims created this zone and voted it in
you are
probably due for darwination anyway....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
here is a good one
this is why some of you are so afraid of the big bad bogey man:

Manufacturing Fake Ex-Muslims: A Fundamentalist Christian industry...
...Liberty University is expected to release a report next week on whether Ergun Caner, president of the school’s Baptist Theological Seminary, fabricated or exaggerated his account of being a former Muslim extremist rescued by Jesus.

Caner is no ordinary ex-Muslim. His story has made him a favorite in conservative Christian circles, and many credit the charismatic preacher with helping boost enrollment at the school founded by the late Jerry Falwell.

At the same time, some critics say Caner is just the latest charlatan in a line of supposedly ex-Muslim terrorists who have found an audience among Christian fundamentalists seeking to attack Islam.

www.musalmantimes.com...

methinks fraidy cats are being played like violinz

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I'm not gonna read them, but you sure gave enough sources

Thanks for posting them.

Sadly it shows how humanity is, no matter what religion or culture.
Many people do not agree with me on this, but it is us humans that keep those cultures and traditions alive, we carry the past to the future by holding on to old norms and passing them on to our children.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Sadly it shows how humanity is, no matter what religion or culture.
Many people do not agree with me on this, but it is us humans that keep those cultures and traditions alive, we carry the past to the future by holding on to old norms and passing them on to our children.

Exactly, my friend.

Unfortunately, humans are just bizarre creatures, and social and cultural pressures can make even the best people do despicable things.

I find the attempt, by some media publications, to single out and demonise Muslims as some kind of scary boogeyman, to be quite disturbing.

While you mightn't be too fond of Islam, it's just frustratingly absurd to me how people will read these anti-Muslim stories from UK rags, and then, from their ignorant lofty perches, 5,000 miles away, tell me how Muslims are supposedly taking control of the country !

That is the epitome of arrogance !

That would be like me ''informing'' you that Surinamese are ''taking over'' your country ! :bnghd:

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join