It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Gets First "Sharia Controlled Zone".

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoadWitch

Originally posted by NadaCambia
And am I supposed to be physically scared or in awe of soldiers? Because most soldiers I know are skag-head chavs who dropped out of school, spent a few years on the dole and then wanted to go to the Middle East to shoot "rag-heads". Unless we're talking special units I'm not too intimidated by your lads in general, to be frank.

I was not going to contribute to this thread ... until I read this. I have something to say to YOU now,NadaCamia ..... HOW DARE YOU! HOW BLOODY DARE YOU. We lost a Loved one fighting in A'stan ... he was a better person than you could ever aspire to be ... I want to call you all the names under the sun right now, but you know what? YOU ARE NOT WORTH IT. and I do not want to lower myself to your extremely LOW level. I am better than that.

Don't bother responding to me ..... I have said what I wanted to say, but NOT what I think of you ...but they do say though, that( with regards to your 'skagehead chavs' comment,) that it 'Takes one to know one'.

Strange how many British ATS members have lost a loved one in the war. You'd think we had 50,000 dead British soldiers with the number of members on here who claim that.

A better person than me wouldn't be fighting an illegal war that's seen millions of innocents in the Middle East slaughtered. But maybe our families have different standards
edit on 13-7-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
And none of you blokes give a poo for any of the British people who've lost Iraqi and Afghan relatives. So don't even come at me with that angle again... Am I supposed to sympathise with your plight? Your loved ones volunteered to fight for corrupt government and corporations, in the process killing atleast hundreds of thousands of innocents and destroying entire nations of people.

Plenty of British people lost loved ones when the Empire carried out a genocide against the Native Americans, it doesn't justify or excuse their activities, or make them exempt from criticism.

If you want to be outraged and blame someone look to yourselves. If you weren't so indoctrinated into supporting the British army, through right or wrong, your loved ones wouldn't have joined - Would they.
edit on 7/13/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Removed Profanity.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Beth Din comply with national equalities laws. Sharia does not.

You are right, I did not reply to your post in the spirit of the OP, I merely challenged your assertian that Sharia courts are not real. They are.

Like Beth Din, Sharia courts operate under the 1996 Arbitration Act. Unlike Beth din, they directly ignore or even contravene national equalities laws.

(Information about how Beth Din operates as well as how Sharia and 'honour' justice impacts on British citizens who happen to be Muslim can be found in the various reports here;

www.socialcohesion.co.uk...)

One Law for All!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
The most unnerving incident occurred at a place where I was working when a fellow employee, who was a decent guy, relatively new to the workplace, with whom I was having an innocuous conversation on some subject that I don't even remember, made a gesture with his arm, as if he were going to take a backhanded cut at me with a sabre, and said "I can kill you."

I was a little taken aback, but shrugged it off. He didn't really explain himself, but I think he was trying to say, in Muslim fashion, "This is who I am. Muslims are different from you "confident" westerners."

Why would you attribute his gesture to his religion ? How do you know he wasn't just a mildly deranged man with ''issues'' ?

What would your conclusion have been if a Christian, Hindu, Sikh, Wiccan or atheist had behaved in an identical manner during his interaction with you ? Would you immediately have associated the gesture and threat with his religion or irreligion ?

You have mentioned that there wasn't any forthcoming explanation from your colleague which may have shed some light on this incident, so any supposed link between his religion and his behaviour is a link which was entirely formed and brought to a conclusion by you, and you alone.

You may well just have a sub-conscious distrust or weariness of Muslims, especially considering you appear to immediately associate this bloke's actions with his religious beliefs.

While I realise that his gesture wasn't exactly the same, swiping your index finger across your throat is a widespread, universally understood and cross-cultural way of intimidating someone and threatening them with death.

Ask yourself honestly: if you saw an Arabian or South Asian chap with a bushy beard and who was dressed in traditional Islamic garb making the ''cut-throat'' sign, and a European guy in Western dress making the same gesture, would your preliminary conclusions - as to the motive for the gesture - be the same for both men ?

Originally posted by ipsedixit

I appreciate that you are only linking to that video, and I have no intention of shooting the messenger.

The title of the video, however, is false, and the accompanying propaganda surrounding its contents has been intentionally misrepresented by numerous agenda-driven ''white nationalist'' websites and blogs.

1. The story is about reported rapes in the capital city, Oslo, not the entire country of Norway. The population of Oslo makes up around 12% of the overall Norwegian population, which is 5 million. So, that's like taking some crime figures in California and extrapolating these figures to work out the crime-rate in the entire United States.

2. Of these 86 reported rapes in Oslo between 2005-2010, 83 of the perpetrators were identified as of ''non-Western origin'' - not Muslim, but Non-Western origin; this could be Eastern Europeans, Africans, Arabians, South Asians, East Asians etc. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that there is any link between the rapists and any religion.

3. The poor girl in the video told how she was raped by someone of Pakistani origin, and he was allegedly saying that it was his religious ''right'' to do so. That was just one story of a rape victim out of the dozen or so in Oslo last year. If some warped rapist said he carried out his crime because he liked jelly-beans, would every rape in that city and country be blamed on those who professed a liking for jelly-beans ?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
Like Beth Din, Sharia courts operate under the 1996 Arbitration Act. Unlike Beth din, they directly ignore or even contravene national equalities laws.

In what way do civil cases adjudicated by consenting Muslim participants ''directly ignore or even contravene national equalities laws'' ?

Anybody can claim something without backing the statement up, but it's pretty bad when they link to a biased, factually devoid source in a deliberate diversion from their original claim.

Please provide some neutral and verifiable evidence to assert your claim that Sharia rulings have bypassed and contravened equality laws in the UK...

Thank you !

edit on 13-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by teapot

In what way do civil cases adjudicated by consenting Muslim participants ''directly ignore or even contravene national equalities laws'' ?

Seriously? Based on your contributions to the Thread, you are not ignorant of Islamism!

Anybody can claim something without backing the statement up, but it's pretty bad when they link to a biased, factually devoid source in a deliberate diversion from their original claim.

Qualitative evidence from the personal experiences of, in the main female, people who have had inequitable decisions of the Sharia court, is not bias. It is qualitative evidence. The most damning of which is death for refusing to comply with the court's decision. Reports that draw together statistical evidence and qualitative evidence are generally considered a reliable source. Even those published by the Guardian!

Please provide some neutral and verifiable evidence to assert your claim that Sharia rulings have bypassed and contravened equality laws in the UK...

If I have misunderstood and you are indeed igorant of Islamism, you could always educate yourself. You could start by clicking on some of the links to the resources you have disparaged.

Thank you !

That's quite ok.

edit on 13/7/2011 by teapot because: edit

edit on 13/7/2011 by teapot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

i can only speak for what i believe, but with the crusades, god certainly did not will that.

And now you know what god wants. Are you SPECIAL?

the crusades don't invalidate christianity, but they do show that it can be abused and twisted.

Uh huh, they show it can be abused and twisted, but they don't show the rotten core of Christianity? You're a joke dude.

this isn't a debate over whether god exists or not. that is a completely different topic.

I'm done discussing any topics with religious people. You're just that delusional.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The British Army and the U.S need to stop the flow of Hate and Vile, That is islam. I have been brought up in basically a muslim area if not then, it definatley is now and in my unbiased view I and many many others hate them
As much as people that like them wish to be against our view that is your DEMOCRATIC view. ThaT you would not get in the backward countries of many Asian and African countries. I am only posting what me and many of my fellow British public feel. We as a nation are not Racist, but we are having the micky taking out of us now.

Thank you

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
again with personal attacks? be mature.

you yourself admitted the crusades were a result of christianity being twisted (obviously against what god wants), then you get onto me for saying the same thing? you're not making sense.

just because something can be twisted and abused doesn't mean that its original form is bad or wrong. whats the difference between sex and rape? anatomically it is the same thing, yet rape is very twisted. because rape exists, does that mean all sex is wrong at the core? no.

i've shown how your arguments are flawed, yet i'm delusional? people who resort to that kind of rhetoric do so because they have no argument.

good day to you, sir.

edit on 14-7-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Those Muslims doing that are playing with fire, a very dangerous fire. Sure I joke about Euroland being gelded, but the truth is America just managed to lull those lands to sleep. When the nations of Europe wake up... I don't even want to think about it. As a hobbyist historian I know full well the historical cycles of Europe and I know the reason's why my ancestors left that continent.

I could easily see an alliance between the EU, Russia and China waging all out war against Islamic Countries. EU is having trouble dealing with Muslims in it's borders and is becoming increasingly xenophobic. Russia is having problems with Muslims and is following a weird appeasement/ growing xenophobia towards Muslims. And China, they are on the verge of committing outright genocide against the Muslim's in it's territory.

These will soon be sorrowful times.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

" I could ask them for a quid to walk down my street.... NONE of this means anything."

ya. that's called extortion.

against the law in most places.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
What exactly is everyones problem with sharia law ?
unless your a muslim then it doesnt apply to you in anyway , so why get all upset
when they have sharia law courts ?

Is it because you feel the muslims are trying to pull something over us all and try
to get out of certain laws that we are subject to ?

Im afraid it doesnt work like that , are you annoyed because they have laws of their own which they follow ?
do you too want to have the same laws on top of the laws we already follow ?

Im not sure where the beef is here ?
Every muslim in the land in the UK is subject to the same laws that anyone in the UK who is non muslim
however they are also subject to sharia law which is based entirely upon their religion
so they have extra laws to abide by .

What do you want more laws placed upon you too , so that we are all equal ?
they chose to be muslim or were born into the religion so therefore they are subject to the laws of their religion

they arent getting off with anything we arent

geeze. i don't know, maybe the next time a friend of yours is honor killed by her brother or dad, you might change your mind a little.

give them an inch...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoadWitch

And am I supposed to be physically scared or in awe of soldiers? Because most soldiers I know are skag-head chavs who dropped out of school, spent a few years on the dole and then wanted to go to the Middle East to shoot "rag-heads". Unless we're talking special units I'm not too intimidated by your lads in general, to be frank.

I was not going to contribute to this thread ... until I read this. I have something to say to YOU now,NadaCamia ..... HOW DARE YOU! HOW BLOODY DARE YOU. We lost a Loved one fighting in A'stan ... he was a better person than you could ever aspire to be ... I want to call you all the names under the sun right now, but you know what? YOU ARE NOT WORTH IT. and I do not want to lower myself to your extremely LOW level. I am better than that.

Don't bother responding to me ..... I have said what I wanted to say, but NOT what I think of you ...but they do say though, that( with regards to your 'skagehead chavs' comment,) that it 'Takes one to know one'.

Strange how many British ATS members have lost a loved one in the war. You'd think we had 50,000 dead British soldiers with the number of members on here who claim that.

A better person than me wouldn't be fighting an illegal war that's seen millions of innocents in the Middle East slaughtered. But maybe our families have different standards
edit on 13-7-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

Are you openly accusing me of being a Liar??? Oh Dear ... you really ARE lower than I first thought.

As for our respective Families having ,as you say, 'Different standards' ... Yes, I rather think they have.. .I am as proud of MY family as you seem to be of yours.

Nothing further to say to you. On THIS matter ... or any other. I have let myself down by replying to you when I said I wouldn't lower myself to YOUR standards .. It will not happen again.... EVER again. END OF.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

I'm not assuming anything infact, I doubt whether the whole incident took place, :-)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Even if this weren't true (and I believe it is), this is what would happen eventually. It's time for the secret cameras and some exposing of the control the mulsims will insist upon eventually. Britian has been a Muslim country for years anyway. It's under as much control from Muslims as Sweden is by Homosexuals.

wow, cool!

i couldn't think of a better place for gays.

cept, st. barts or madagascar.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

just because something can be twisted and abused doesn't mean that its original form is bad or wrong. whats the difference between sex and rape?

The thing that makes me take you for a fool and not serious is that you haven't the slightest idea how to form a proper analogy. The difference between sex and rape? Really? One is for reproduction while the other one is a crime. How does this reflect towards religion? Is one reproduction and the other a crime? No.

What you also seem to miss completely is the fact that you were not around for the original form of religion and neither was ANYONE that is alive right now. However, there are plenty of people who have sex without rape. Another flaw in your oh so intellectual analogy.

Sex and rape, really?
Are you by any chance religious? Are you one of those dandy characters that tells a woman she was asking for it/liked it?

Yes, religion has some intrinsic value, but make no mistake, that will disappear once parents start taking responsibility. And then what's left of religion? Bones. What do you do with bones? You cast them away.

at you thinking you're actually making up decent arguments. You're a joke.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I could easily see an alliance between the EU, Russia and China waging all out war against Islamic Countries.

Hey guys, more uninformed opinions please, we don't have enough of those yet.

Why are members like you not in the UFO forums? It's as much fact based as your post. Russia and China against Islamic countries, go read some geopolitics. These things you say are just foolish and nothing more. I like how your fear of Russia and China makes it so that you LUMP them together with EUROPE(of all the places
).

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
maybe the fool is the one who cannot understand an obvious analogy. just because rape exists, it doesn't mean that sex is inherently bad. rape is a perverse form of something that is good. people using christianity to justify the crusades is a perversion of christianity. just because people use a religion (sex in the analogy) in a wrong way (rape) doesn't make religion wrong. not too difficult to understand.

What you also seem to miss completely is the fact that you were not around for the original form of religion

so?

However, there are plenty of people who have sex without rape.

this goes along with exactly what i'm saying. just because religion has been used in perverse and twisted ways doesn't mean that its inherently wrong. just that it can be abused like sex can be turned into rape.

Yes, religion has some intrinsic value, but make no mistake, that will disappear once parents start taking responsibility.

and what do you base your right and wrong off of? what morals can exist when human life was an accident, and the only thing that matters is having as much pleasure as you can get until you die?

i'm not responsible for your inability to understand a logical argument.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

hahaha seriously mate honor killed ?
I live in Glasgow Scotland where there is a huge muslim population , and I have muslim friends , and muslim work colleagues none of which hold any extreme views , in fact they actually condemn the clowns who are daft enough to fall for the same level of propaganda that most in the UK fall for. Those people are most likely the ones who dont get out much , or dont have any world views apart from who won the sports at the weekend or whit fit birds got her chebs out in the mens mag, yes im talking about the idiot population of the planet that exists everywhere ! The same ones who in afghanistan , Iraq, Iran , or any other muslim country fall for the lies and propaganda which generates hatred toward your fellow man and woman.

. I dont know if you know this but Glasgow is a pretty rough place , would put most places to shame , it would even make mos eisley from tatooine (star wars) look friendly ! People get stabbed in Glasgow on a daily basis , people get murdered in Glasgow all the time however,
I have never heard of a honour killing yet anywhere in the UK , certainly not in scotland .
Can you provide me an example or one case that has went to court in the UK over an honour killing ?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join