It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCREW ELENIN! Look at the Honda comet! It will impact us DIRECTLY!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
And the comet Elenin is a brown dwarf theory,
well here is what would happen if it was.

What if we replace comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin) by brown dwarf with mass about 0.05 of Solar mass? This video demonstrate time interval from 2000 to 2020 years. As you can see, dramatic changes in the orbit of Saturn would have started 3 years ago. But at this time all planets are on it’s nominal orbits. I think myth about “brown dwarf instead comet Elenin” is debunked. You can see that by yourself.

spaceobs.org...

edit on 10-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Honda Comet...Powered by VTEC engine

Sorry I just had to.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

Sorry I just had to.

That's too funny,my uncle collected Mercury Comets and suped \
them up!
Sorry way off topic,forgive me.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm going to say this is interesting, I had never heard of this little space rock before, and while it may not be catastrophe, it does show that all it would take is just a nudge in the wrong direction to cause total havoc down here on Earth.

Off topic: I am ashamed to be a member of ATS today with all the rude and negative comments, name calling and downright attacks on the poor OP. She thought she had a good story, was unaware of how search worked, let it go, she said as much, and was just trying to deny ignorance, which as I remember is the site's motto?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Shhh.. don't bring YU55 into this. I learned a hard lesson

Well that one is huge compared to the last one that was the size of a bus. Within the last 2 weeks.
From the article I read, If it would have hit Manhattan, they didn't want to speculate on the damage.
I'm not saying anything about YU55 hitting us, but if it did? I think the asteroids are more problematic and dangerous.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
TBH, I hope OP's orbit comes into alignment with mine and we impact.

And preferably sometime before 2017 too

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
Please dont post stuff like this! i beg of you!if i read 1 more thread about a retarted dwarf star ufo comet of nibirus second moon fireballs destroying earth i fear that i may spontaneously combust!

On behalf of the dwarf stars in question, I am offended.

they are "stars of lesser stature". They arent retarded either. They're just dense!

When it all comes down to if we get "smacked" or not, it really doesnt matter. Not really a lot to be done about it anyway.

Till the nTH second, I'll stay concerned with what I can down here.

Just for safety bro, keep an extinguisher close by. Lots more threads like this coming I fear. At least the OP had some inteligence by looking at maps. Cant fault for that.

Could have been a "I had this dream dude" thread

edit on 10/7/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex
reply to post by Henduluin

Well if that's true I apologize. I just saw the two squares overlapping and made a decision. Guess I was overacting..

If you want to check for collisions, click the "Close Approach Data"

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Woah horsey....I was kidding :/
No need to be a butthead!
And to my knowledge there has been no proof presented Honda won't hit us.

edit on 10-7-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

In the event honda really will hit us, and your picture is you.. want to go on a date before we all die? haha =)

in all sincerity I do not believe Honda is a real threat, however.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

Sorry I just had to.

That's too funny,my uncle collected Mercury Comets and suped \
them up!
Sorry way off topic,forgive me.

Me being a huuge gear head, that is SO hilarious.. in the event we are hit by a huge meteor, my last words will be
"V-TEC JUST KICKED IN, YO!"

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
0.082 AU is not an impact. 1AU = 149598000 KM... 0.089AU = 13314222KM. That looks pretty far from a direct impact huh? Please stop the fear... your fear will get yourself kill... please understand this quote.

If there is any fear or doubt - that is not your intuition.
Intuition is knowing.
There is no fear, Only certainty.
You know what to do without thinking.

Oneness... love all together

reply to post by Se7enex

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It will not hit us. but a little space rock? mmmm it is 1.5km wide as per Nasa orbital program. so no not little... but huge... but don't worry it will not hit us.

reply to post by vkey08

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
this is hardly shocking.... This information has been around for years.... its probably here within the 5 MILLION page archive of ATS.

OH how about that, the search function turns up 10 PAGES.

You are all freaking out for no reason.

You can basically search for anything and come up with 10 pages so what exactly is your point, thats what happens when you have millions of people coming to your site

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i'd like to say what half of the users thought... but did not have the courage to say it

YOU ARE HOT....
oh yea flag and star and what not lol
edit on 11-7-2011 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
19 flags wtf!!!?!? You unflag this thread RIGHT NOW!!since when does ats allow pity flags for good looking people???

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyTrick
I only found out about honda a few days ago, I think it is still important to bring to peoples attention especially when it's getting closer, I read that it will be closest mid august?

It has gone past earth several times, but seems to get closer everytime. Surely it's only a matter of time...

I wonder if elenin being so close to honda will effect their orbits at all?
edit on 10-7-2011 by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

No, the Earth may affect their orbits, but they are too small and too far apart to affect each other.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
19 flags wtf!!!?!? You unflag this thread RIGHT NOW!!since when does ats allow pity flags for good looking people???

yes lets unflag it cause the great VICDIAZ said so............not !!

dude whats your problem?....maybe the thread title is misleading... but to be honest i've never heard about this comet until now...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

lol chillax captain "save em" im just bieng honest.Its a terrible thread,does not deserve a single flag,i did issue a star for effort however,that she deserves.
edit on 11-7-2011 by VicDiaz89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Well, someone is brutally honest. And think for a minute that MAYBE people starred and flagged for being informed. Not all people are as shallow as you dear.(; and I think compared to most one liner heres a story now argue threads i thought this was pretty well put together.. I suppose I can't win them all, or for this matter, 95% of ATS members lol. At least next time I will be aware of the implications when I post what I think is an interesting find..

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

2029 is the year to keep your eyes peeled, and if you have no clue why. google 2029 comet and read up.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join