It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCREW ELENIN! Look at the Honda comet! It will impact us DIRECTLY!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

This is when my short term memory kicks me in the butt. It was recently talked about on a show called "Apocalypse Island", on History Channel.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

Don't listen to these guys, your thread is fine
Just maybe next time, have a bit less alarming title, i think that's what's getting these guys mad.

link   

Originally posted by Se7enex
How do you know i'm not qualified?

I can only assume. If you are an astro-physicist then I apologize.
But if you were qualified, I would be worried, since you needed 3 pages of people correcting you.

Just because I come to a conclusion that may or not be true doesn't make me un-qualified,

May or may not be true?! It's NOT true.

it makes me human.

As am I, and the mistakes I have made are numerous. Please don't take my words so personal.

And for the record I never called you stupid as you mentioned.

I believe you are a good person.

link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Okay I officially give up. I'm never gonna start a thread again since i'm so stupid. Sorry.

Don't let me discourage you. But in my opinion (and that's all it is), claiming that we are going to be hit by a comet is irresponsible coming from an individual with no proper education in the field. It's how I feel about every Eleenin thread. Suddenly everyone is a astro-physicist.

Lol, including yourself!

The chaos variables of space make accurate mathematical calculations tragically difficult. Sad to say, even the theorhetorical (new dictionary term created here folks lmao) 'experts' can prove wrong in thier calculations concerning 3 fast approaching objects with trajectories near Earth in such a cosmically hair thin time frame.

Who's to say two of these objects dont collide into each other? Affect each other gravimetrically? etc., etc., et. al.

Keep posting girl, don't let the chickens get ya down!

Edit to add

I personally cannot remember a time when Earth had two marbles and an 'aggie' headed its way... I honestly think the "experts" and "professionals" are scared... I know I am. But hey, look at the bright side... even though it may prove to be a one way ticket we may get a chance to witness realities only dreamed of and brought to life in movies - try to suppress the fear, and instead feel the essence of nature's power as it happens. Passing gets easier that way.

edit on 10-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Oh, I wasn't aware you could predict the future.

On a serious note though I appreciate the criticism, without it we'd all be self-absorbed assholes!

edit on 10-7-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I found these threads on comet Honda for more information.
Just a few of the ten pages from the search.
It appears the trajectory is not the same from most of these threads.

ATS link

Link 2

Link 3
edit on 7/10/2011 by mugger because: add

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This has been an amusing thread. Better than the "Beatles Knew About The Planet Nirubu That's Why They Broke Up" thread.

I might actually learn something here.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

Well.. less about hijacking and more about participating and introducing you to information you might have found interesting.. and you might have had you spent your time googling YU55 rather than cute forum graphics. Don't worry about googling it though, i'll save you the time by saying it doesn't hit, it just comes way closer than Honda.

I liked your thread because you changed the title to one that was less wrong and more right whenever you found out it wouldn't 'impact us DIRECTLY!"
..oh wait.

Edit: Actually you may have set a whole new precedence here as apparently a tea party member may actually learn something here as evidenced by an above poster ; )
edit on 10-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Kids, you might want to tone down the language. I believe that's in violation of T&C.
Cheers

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Woah horsey....I was kidding :/
No need to be a butthead!
And to my knowledge there has been no proof presented Honda won't hit us.

edit on 10-7-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm glad you laughed. I was actually razzing you in good spirit this time as opposed to my generally just being a jerk.. which is also fun.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by beezzer

I'm glad you laughed. I was actually razzing you in good spirit this time as opposed to my generally just being a jerk.. which is also fun.

I only "know everything" when it comes to my eight year old son. Everything else?

T'is why I visit the boards.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!

Just a friendly reminder to post ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!

SCREW ELENIN! Look at the Honda comet! It will impact us DIRECTLY!

Please read:
MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

Well.. I mean it is going to be around a 750,000 miles away at it's closest. It's not going to be unusually close for a comet.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Maybe. Maybe it will crash into us, or the moon, or explode into rainbows. Anything is possible and I don't think we should give any of these things a shadow of the doubt.
edit on 10-7-2011 by Se7enex because: spellign

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

Read through the threads I posted, it appears it will not hit.
The link I posted above seems to give the best info on it link 2

There is also an asteroid,asteroid 2005 YU55 to be approx. 0.85 lunar distances from Earth. 1,300 feet (400 meters) in diameter. to be that close in November. space.com

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

I'm not saying the predictions are faulted. Nobody can predict the future and a prediction is that- a prediction. 750,000 miles is pretty dang close for space talk.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join