It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCREW ELENIN! Look at the Honda comet! It will impact us DIRECTLY!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 13star

Well you know. People do that.

It's all good I wasn't expecting medals and honor I just wanted to share what I thought was interesting and possibly a cataclysmic or at least scary event.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

It worked in Armegeddon.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Yes and Armegedon also had John McClane...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Dang. There goes my thread about a "retarted dwarf star ufo comet of nibirus second moon fireballs destroying earth".

To the OP, with the advancement of telescopes and software, get used to seeing more of this. Earth gets impacted on a daily basis. Nothing to be alarmed about.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That is true but the fact that people in NASA are looking at it is what concerns me.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I only found out about honda a few days ago, I think it is still important to bring to peoples attention especially when it's getting closer, I read that it will be closest mid august?

It has gone past earth several times, but seems to get closer everytime. Surely it's only a matter of time...

I wonder if elenin being so close to honda will effect their orbits at all?
edit on 10-7-2011 by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex
reply to post by beezzer

That is true but the fact that people in NASA are looking at it is what concerns me.

It's what they DON'T publicize that concerns me.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Honda (Comet 45P/Honda-Mrkos-Pajdušáková) also has a close approach next month (here's a random blog post about it). I'm not sure of its size, but NASA tracks it because they track everything that they find...regardless of size.

Also, the distances at the bottom of the applet... the distance between the earth and the moon is about 0.00257 AU. Anything further out than that is hardly significant. Anything up to about a 5th of that (0.0005 AU) is about as close as NEOs typically get. And, still, it would take about a tenth of that distance for it to actually hit the earth.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well it isn't like NASA said OK people let's tell everyone about these scary ass comets! lol, the viewing programs to view those certain trajectories, to my knowledge, was released by a sub-division of NASA.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Yes but it will keep revolving and revolving..EVENTUALLY something will happen. whether it be 2017 or 2710. Not too mention the distance is complete conjecture. NASA can't predict that kind of stuff so accurately. Something could change it's trajectory even if by a little and who knows!
edit on 10-7-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
When Elenin fails all the Nibirutards will just switch to Honda. Brace yourself for 1000 threads about Earth Honda alignments and how it was really Honda that caused the Japan quake - just look at the Japanese name of the comet, OMG what a coincidence but not really as it's a psy-op cover WE ARE GOING TO DIE (again).

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Don't throw me in that group. For the last time I just thought it was interesting it got so close. I'm not some "niburutard" so please keep the hateful comments to a minimum.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

NASA looks at everything in space! Why does it bother you that they are looking at honda???

Maybe it because thats their job and they are pretty good at it.

I am not saying in the least that NASA doesnt hide things (especially valuable information) from the public. What i am saying is that they are highly specialized for doing so, i would venture to gues equally as qualified in the BS arsts, as the are in the space observation arts... and photoshopping.

However, I really have to disagree in so far as the severity of this body inspace. Honda, so far has proven to be nothing but a rock, unti lit gets closer and every one really starts freaking out, it shouldnt be a big deal.

In the end it will not even matter. We're all dead, right? Its not a matter of if or of how, it's only a matter of when,

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Yes you are so right. Sheesh. Why are people so eager to prove THEY are right? Who cares i'm just sharing some interesting info D:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

Niburutard

LOL

edit on 10-7-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

:3

That would suck if they were right though huh ?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
Please dont post stuff like this! i beg of you!if i read 1 more thread about a retarted dwarf star ufo comet of nibirus second moon fireballs destroying earth i fear that i may spontaneously combust!

you look like ya already have!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

you do not want to be one of those

ewww LOL>..

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

No look at how he spelled retarded.....He is a genius..

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

And we will worry about each potential close approach as they come. However, NASA can, in fact, predict the comet's distance with great accuracy. Modern orbital mechanics is accurate over several decades, and extra attention is paid to accuracy for objects like this, that have the possibility of impact.

And, by the way... don't be surprised to find "Nibirutard" added to Merriam-Webster next year. If not before 21/12/2012, then certainly after.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join