It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have been researching Antipodal Mapping and earthquakes, I know it sounds crazy..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well the one thing I have learned about ATS is that it has created a "group mind situation here.

I too was thinking of the same thing and just did not have the time to gather the information and present it to this forum for discussion.

What got me to thinking was the thread started about Mt.Etna blowing off steam in Sicily(Sicilia).

I just randomly when to the antipodal site the same one others have discovered and put a mark on Etna and discovered that its antipodal spot which is a straight line through the earth is off the north east coast of New Zealand.

And that area is very active with earthquakes!

It is true that the waves generated from a earthquake can be measured on the surface but those waves also travel through the earth,through the molten inner core and does create ripples in the core that has to do something.

For every action there has to be a reaction.Very simple.

For earthquakes, that energy that is created HAS to go somewhere!

if it is transmitted along fault lines or released through a external vent which we call volcanoes it has to go somewhere.

I firmly believe that with our technology and ability to share knowledge the PTB can predict a general area of a quake.

But not the exact location and time.

There are many legal ramifications if a group were to predict a quake and nothing happened or like what is taking place in Italy right now.

I believe they may have known that there was a probability and did not disclose it for fear if they had been wrong and people needlessly evacuated they would have been ridiculed.

Now, they are being tried for manslaughter.

Finally, this is what all the planets earthquakes and volcanic eruptions for the last 50 years would look like if they all happened in LESS THAN A MINUTE.

I will add this video too, that I created after reading a thread on ATS where one member was arguing with another that the fault that runs through New Zealand and the one west of it and north of Australia were not connected.

They may not be physically connected but watch how the energy released from one transfers to the other and beyond.

The program I use to look at the earthquakes and volcanic eruptions was created by this man.

Alan L. Jones

The link will take you to his web page from where you may download the program.
edit on 11-7-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: added a link.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thank you for the links! I hadnt seen those before.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
First off, I am NOT predicting anything and is nothing more than an observation to my post. As I have now found out, others have been researching the same thing. I am not trying to lead anyone to believe I think Japan is about to have another big earthquake. I am not saying that. I, as a researcher am just pointing out an observation to my antipodal mapping research. In the very first post of this thread I made back on July 2nd, I had mentioned that the Japan area of the recent quake came out to off the eastern coast of Argentina. Now this antipodal points are all based, as others have pointed out, on if the Earth was a perfect sphere. So that part, I have not figured out yet, so I only get "general areas"

I posted in the quake watch thread the 8 main quakes listed leading up to the March 11th and quakes that have happened in July leading up to the 7.0. Puterman himself confirmed 5 of the 8 I listed as confirmable at least. 3 were a stretch, as I admitted upon posting. Today, starting from today/tonight, from Fiji, Negros Philippines, Kuril Islands, the quakes have been creeping northward. Starting before with the Bismark Sea, Papau, Indonesia. Now, the antipode point of the latest Japan quake mentioned in the first thread mentioned off the coast of Argentina between the Ascention Islands and the South Sandwich Islands. We have had back and forth Ascension Islands quakes and Honshu aftershocks but the Ascension Islands too far north. And the South Sandwich Islands are too far south. Antipode point is right in the middle. But, with all the mentioned above, the last 2 quakes we have just have was Argentina and the South Sandwich Islands. Once again, anipodal spots can only give general areas. But, that puts Japan right in the middle of all those.

Disclaimer: I am NOT predicting anything, I am not saying anything is going to happen, I am not fear mongering. I am just pointing out a research point and actual events that ties in with that research. It may mean something and it may not. But what does it hurt to just keep and eye out. All I am doing is making an explaination and dont want it taken the wrong way as an alert or warning. The South Sandwich Islands was what I was looking for or something to do with Argentina, especially if off the east coast. This was inland, but once again general area.

This is all stuff you can do on your own and see for yourself, the earthquakes are listed on the USGS site, the link to the antipodal maps are above, and me and other interested members have explanations and other links as well on the subject. The OP of the thread can be read obviously so not making any new claims or trying to toot my own horn because of this post, nothing has happened. Plus, others are doing the same thing, with similar results. I just believe in better safe than sorry, and showing more research points for those of us that has an interest in antipodal points without it sounding like we are trying to make predictions. But for now, antipodal mapping, at least for me, I can only seem to narrow down to a general area, if there is any connection to it at all. I just am one that believes there is. We are just trying to understand the Earth like the rest of us. We will see what happens, and I, for one, hope nothing. Now whether that was a result from the activity on that side, or the start of something new? Now that is something only time will tell.

4.9 2011/07/ 12 06:12:16 -56.345 -26.856 98.4 SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS REGION
4.5 2011/07/ 12 04:14:13 -23.985 -66.852 193.3 JUJUY, ARGENTINA

edit on 12-7-2011 by sdebunker because: 3:30 am typos

edit on 12-7-2011 by sdebunker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Last quake in Russia. Look over last few quakes, the antipodal points all in the general area of South Sandwich Islands, Argentina, and even closest to the 6.0 Chile one earlier. Still wondering about if this antipodal mapping thing may or may not mean anything

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
its always nice to eplore even crazy ideas.

if you look at mercury you can see the effect of comets meteors asteroids whatever you want to call them.

a big rock hits mercury hard because it has no atmosphere so you can see craters on one side of the planet and on the Antipodal point you can see what are called strange or weird geologic formations basically sharp steep mountains formed from the impact on the other side. cool stuff.

here is an example i used in a thread I wrote up that included all the planets, i think it was titles soothing sounds of the solar system.. was a great thread that got overlooked.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c53e818b639e.gif[/atsimg]

That is the same location with two different filters or levels of clarity! Seriously, that cannot be the opposite view of the planet, look at the craters, they appear inverted based on the light used, same striations to the upper left of the largest crater too!

This is the same effect used when someone tried to propose alien craft on the moon.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Wasnt me that posted that

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wyoming with the 2 recent earthquakes gives some wonderings about Yellowstone again. The antipodal point comes out just north of the area of the French Island of Lie Kerguelen. Volcanoes are known for these chain of islands there and of course, the recent discovery of the new underwater antartica chain of volcanoes. So, for antipodal research, will watch this area.

The one off the coast of Athens, that was mentioned before, that part antipodal point is off New Zealand along the Kermadec Islands. Kyrgyzstan comes out well off the coast of Chile as its antipodal point in the general area of Easter Island.
edit on 19-7-2011 by sdebunker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join