It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

winged beasts from the underworld?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
A question for you my fellow ATSers,how is it that a cockroach can transform men,women and children in to lackluster balerinas?We know that a cockroach cant harm us,we were told as children that they couldnt harm us,im sure those of you who have children also relay the message yet most of us cower in their presence,tossing shirts and socks to knock them to our level then savagely beating them with our shoe.I ask,why?why do we fear these little brown bastards?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The only time I react to seeing a roach, or any small, fast moving creature is when it appears only in my periphery. I think it's an evolutionary response to get you away from something potentially dangerous. Roaches definitely need to die because they carry disease, but I for one am more concerned about having a venomous spider or a scorpion anywhere near me.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Cockroaches must die, reason being is if we dont take them out first when the nuclear winter comes and the radiation mutates them they will come after us.

Its not nice but its us or them.

DEATH TO ALL ROACHES!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I would be afraid of them too, after all Saint Gulik may be upset if you upset them!

Eeeek a cockaroach!

This just goes to show you, a little discord goes a long way!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Never trust something that bleeds and never dies!

umm, wait that's women...

Never trust something that eats s*t and never dies

That's cockroaches

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Whenever I see ANY kind of bug, my mind sees them like this.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
i understand that cockroaches are disgusting,but why do we react to them the way we do,girls scream,guys break dance.most people dont sprint away from a fly yet theyre just as dirty.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I don't know how you react to them, but I certainly don't "break dance".

I even help them off of busy sidewalks/streets to the safty of a bush or lawn.

So, like I said above, maybe you guys/gals need to make it right with Saint Gulik. Once you do that, you have nothing to fear.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I am not particularly scared or freaked out by roaches. I certainly don't like them though and in my mind, that justifies the 'shoe' treatment I dish out so readily

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here in the South we have roaches the size of a vehicle, not really, but they're freakin huge! Right now they come in the house because we haven't had rain in months and it's 100 degree days.

So, I'm at war with these big bastards, they try to get in bed with me and snuggle. I don't play dat, death to all roaches!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The tiny ones will get into your electronics ..invade your computer.
I set up bug bombs ..spray the appartment .Turn on the bug bombs and leave for the day..
Death to the roach !
The roach may inherit the earth..but only after im gone .

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

I know what you're talking about. The ones I saw in South Carolina were about as big as my thumb, and they move so fast they must hold some kind of land speed record...

I once crushed one with my shoe (heard the crunch and everything). When I moved my shoe, I swear the thing gave me the finger, and came running at me again.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Theyre always in my damn garage,they find their way into my house and start flying all over the place,i get chills just thinking about it!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I just wonder why people react to them the way they do...Maybe our early ancestors were ruled by giant cockroaches!!!haha

top topics

join