It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a UFO send one-ninth of America's nuclear arsenal offline for an hour?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Did a UFO send one-ninth of America's nuclear arsenal offline for an hour?

www.dnaindia.com

On October 23, 2010, FE Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, Wyoming, temporarily lost the ability to communicate with 50 of its Minuteman III missiles.

Officials described it as a “communication failure between the control centre and the weapons”, and claimed that the breakdown had lasted a mere 59 minutes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Why is this article surfacing right now?

I'm thinking the timing is kind of weird too.

But am just speculating.

Does anyone remember when this took place and have more information on it?

I remember the event but I haven't done any research with regards to the eyewitnesses involved.

www.dnaindia.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Heres the Daily Mail article referenced in the first link.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Maybe that's why all the nuclear plants are now going haywire.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

I am pretty sure this was threaded here when it occurred last October. Here is one thread

Wrong link ,this one is from 1967 ,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-7-2011 by 12voltz because: of the wrong date

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
So 13% of the USA nuclear arsenal goes off for an hour and we blame the Aliens.

I got a flat tyre the other day, was that the Aliens too?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by nusnus

I am pretty sure this was threaded here when it occurred last October. Here is one thread

Wrong link ,this one is from 1967 ,

edit on 10-7-2011 by 12voltz because: of the wrong date

The article suggests 3 more witnesses that have agreed to come up and give their accounts to Robert Hastings and he's hiding their identities and such.

: /

Their timing is weird as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
So 13% of the USA nuclear arsenal goes off for an hour and we blame the Aliens.

I got a flat tyre the other day, was that the Aliens too?

I dunno, maybe its safer to blame aliens then to blame the Russians
and cause mass hysteria perhaps?

But these people must be out of their minds to come out and say stuff that didn't exist.

: /

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Warren AFB
warren.airforcebase.us...

Already a thread on this at ATS

Huge UFO Sighted Near Nuclear Missiles During October 2010 Launch System Disruption

Robert Hastings: Unidentified Aerial Object Sighted During October 2010 Nuclear Missile Incident
www.reuters.com...

Seems the report is cloned all leading to Robert Hastings

edit on 10-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Dear nusnus

This is by no means the first time. It has also happened in Russia.

It is not that they do not want us to destroy ourselves it is that they do not want us to do it with the H bomb.

That is interesting in its self.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by nusnus

Dear nusnus

It is not that they do not want us to destroy ourselves it is that they do not want us to do it with the H bomb.

That is interesting in its self.

How do you know this? Have you been contacted by one of these aliens and they've divulged their most inner plans?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Dear nusnus

So we have that bit of my statement. I have read many cases put down to UFO’s and many more where they are taking an interest.

So I put that together with the possibility that they are inter-dimensional and perhaps what setting one of these things off may do to their world.

No contact sorry.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It seems that the shut down was reported in October 2010 and equipment failure is cited as the reason.

According to the official, engineers believe that a launch control center computer (LCC), responsible for a package of at least five missiles, usually ten of them, began to "ping" out of sequence, resulting in a surge of "noise" through the system. The LCCs interrogate each missile in sequence, so if they begin to send signals out when they're not supposed to, receivers on the missiles themselves will notice this and send out error codes.

www.theatlantic.com...

It is UFO researcher/writer Robert Hastings that has theorised that UFOs were responsible. Since he did this in March 2010, many articles have surfaced rehashing his theory.

docs.google.com...:hqekLe9owggJ:ufosontherecord.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/FE-Warren-2010-11.pdf+Warren+Air+Force+Bas e+nuclear+hastings&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgSb8LKRfQNNJVDkEdamkkMRDvZxS8XGSbsvceqvVzfsmqjJ5SxkHKFT1vFv8NEDi2wIAPJj6d7OmqyfoU0NX2e0STfswdD5qvUM5 ESULbz8cBhCqQVbsvszPPlG2MfeLyhhQdz&sig=AHIEtbR3zz-2BoYNU5GZVPKq5pm4ucLkow

I could only find a pdf document (which I don't seem to be able to link to
) attributed to Hastings (26 March 2011) on this incident. He talks about being given a tip off by a local sheriff and other numerous witnesses about UFO sightings in the area before the shut down. At the end of the article he says that although he's keeping these sources anonymous now, he will write a more detailed article in May and publish it on ufochronicles.com, which doesn't seem to exist now.

There is no sign of this article on the web and it seems that we just have to accept Hasting's word that he interviewed these witnesses.

Also if you go to his website he doesn't mention the Warren 2010 incident at all, which seems strange to me if he was sure that UFOs caused it.

So now we have the many articles that keep surfacing based solely on Hastings account from his eye witnesses that have never been named or verified. That makes me dubious of the whole story.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
This has also just been reported in the Daily Mail www.dailymail.co.uk...

Did UFO cause power failure at nuclear missile base? Missile technicians claim sightings coincided with October outage

50 nuclear weapons lost touch with control centre
Blackout lasted almost an hour says Air Force
President Obama told of power supply interruption

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

When Warren Air Force Base in Wyoming lost control of 50 nuclear, inter-continental missiles last October, officials said a communication failure between the control centre and the weapons was to blame.

However, three missile technicians stationed at the base have raised fresh questions in the case, amid reports UFO sightings coincided with the incident.

UFO researcher Robert Hastings says eyewitnesses claim the interruption to the power supply also lasted much longer than the Air Force admits.

A power failure on October 23, 2010 meant that one-ninth of America’s nuclear arsenal went offline for almost an hour.

A U.S. Air Force spokesman said there had been a 'hardware issue' relating to an underground cable linking the command centre with the missiles.

This disrupted ‘communication between the control centre and the missiles, but during that time they were still able to monitor the security of the affected missiles’.

Defence officials insisted there was never any danger of an accidental launch. But the incident was deemed serious enough for Barack Obama to be briefed on it later.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Warren AFB
warren.airforcebase.us...

Already a thread on this at ATS

Huge UFO Sighted Near Nuclear Missiles During October 2010 Launch System Disruption

Robert Hastings: Unidentified Aerial Object Sighted During October 2010 Nuclear Missile Incident
www.reuters.com...

Seems the report is cloned all leading to Robert Hastings

edit on 10-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

You beat me to it!

I see you found the more in depth article by Hastings, he still doesn't name his sources or witnesses, so we only have his word on the whole story.

I like the term 'cloned' to describe the multitude of 'news articles' that came from Hastings story

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Yes, Robert Hastings is the front man in all this, since he has done the research and brought it all together, media sources naturally refer to him.

The burden of proof is of course upon him, but he is not alone and much of the info is checked, double-checked and corroborated by independent (of RH) sources.

Bruce Fenstermacher — a Minuteman III launch control officer in the Seventies - and Retired Air Force captain Robert Salas has stepped forward and told of their own experiences.

Leslie Kean's new book goes into detail on these type of incidents, you should check her out.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Wouldn't be the first time.

Look at the info arround Rendlesham Forrest in the UK. Missiles offline. Well documented too. I have seen reference to Rendlesham from many alternative sources.

rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

Aliens probably caused the world financial crisis too! Aliens ran up my credit card bill, although it's magic pixies that empty my bank account each month! Magic pixies, aka the wife and two teenage daughters!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

They will not allow any more nuclear weapons to be detonated on this planet. All the Governments know this too.

If we are going to kill ourselves, they will not interfere. But they will not allow us to destroy the planet.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Quite right too. A nuclear war will literally destroy the planet into smithereens. All that will be left of Earth is rocks and rubble forming a new asteriod belt. Its like giving a child explosives and the child unwittenly destroys his/her bedroom as a result. I think we are learning but what worries me is the new nuclear nations. ie Pakistan, India et al. Will they be contacted by ET and told to pack it in. Come to think of it what about N Korea? They would probably kill ET as they are after all the most oppressive country on the planet!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join