It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin - info or disinfo?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

Cool, interesting link.

I think NOTHING will happen. I think anything that does happen will be artificial and subsequently blamed on Elenin. It will be beleived by most, as the name of the commet slowly seeps it's way into the public conciousness.

If the MSM start picking up this story and pushing it then I would almost garantee that something will happen, but again, it won't be caused by the sommet. Lets wait and see.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Does anyone know why Leonid Elenin's blog put comet Elenin in the vicinity of the constellation Orion on August 3rd? I think this is odd because that is on the wrong side of the sun according to the JPL diagram of where Elenin should be at that time.

Basically, This time of the year Orion rises in the east just before sunrise @ 6:00 am. But the JPL diagram shows Elenin trailing the sun and not leading it. The way I see it Elenin should be visible at sunset @ 30degrees above the horizon near the ecliptic. At that time Orion has long since passed below the horizon.

What am I not seeing correctly?

edit on 8-8-2011 by thejedimindtrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Never mind... I think I figured it out. The images having Elenin passing through Orion were taken from "Stereo A and B" spacecraft. These are in a heliocentric orbit and could be viewing Elenin from an entirely different angle than that of earth.
edit on 8-8-2011 by thejedimindtrick because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join