It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are We Capable Of - THIS IS ANONYMOUS!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The existence of Anonymous makes me wish we had home PCs and were taught how to use computers when I was in school. But I think I was in the last non computer savvy generation. Computer use wasn't even an option until the last year of high school back then, for an hour a week!

Pity. I might be almost 40 but if I had the technical know how I'd definitely actively support Anonymous.

It sucks being an old man (relatively). Lol.

edit on 12-7-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on July 12th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on Tue Jul 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thanks guys. Nice to know even us old farts aren't necessarily useless.

I was once in a part of the world where members of a particular resistance movement had managed to stamp the name of their org onto almost every other metal coin in circulation. It was almost impossible to get change without finding a coin like this. Notes too had been rubberstamped. It made quite an impression on me and others with me, for some reason. I suppose it was quite symbolically charged - the overwriting of the power symbols of bank issued currency - and so quite psychologically affecting.

Quite simple to do but very effective.

Its probably illegal though. Which is a shame.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TragedyandHope2

edit on 12-7-2011 by semaphore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by AnonYmous81

I am free and America is mine. No true patriot will allow a revolution and people need to look up what a revolution is.
edit on 12-7-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

You don't know what you are talking about.
In a country for the people, by the people the only reason I can imagine people would revolt is that it is no longer for them and by them. So the revolution could only be produced by patriots. The only reason not every american would be on board is because some have been deceived by the media who keep us separated. The whole system has been devised for years to keep people from joining together for a revolution. That is why the media promotes hatred between parties.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
At least Anon are costing corporations cash money by downing ecommerce sites, but it's just a drop in the ocean really. So scrap my idea of blowing up corporate HQs, that's not going to accomplish anything I suppose, and they will simply rebuild.

Anon, I'd like to see you guys target newspapers, politicians and police and expose their lies and corruption instead.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
ATTENTION!!

EVERYONE here needs to fully read ATS TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE. There are many many T&C violations in this thread. From here on out - any T&C violation will not only be removed but you may face a posting ban....and this thread may be closed!

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Websites on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with TAN. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination

There will be NO more insults, name calling anymore!
ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics

Mod Note (This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you need to quote a member's post in your reply, please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion. Below the reply button it says: (Minimal posts that contribute nothing to the thread are subject to immediate removal.)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by AnonYmous81

No, I care about my country, I'm not happy with how thing's are done or are going. It doesn't give me the right to become a criminal too.
I will work within the law. I can use my rights given to me by God which the Bill of Rights protect. You're the one that'll be surprised. Then again, for all I know this could all be blown out of proportion and for the 'lulz' as you clowns call it. I really have nothing else to say to you except I hope you enjoyed wasting your life.
edit on 12-7-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

tell me can you name any of our founding fathers that where not considered criminals for seeking liberty?
Anon has my support and the support of ALL my friends. we are glad they are doing what they are. If we roll over and allow the government to incrimintally take our freedoms away we are as guilty as they are of treason.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yakuzakid
Think anon are starting to believe their own hype a bit. I'd like to see them do serious damage like blow up some corporate HQs or wipe Facebook off the planet forever.

Anon is a nonviolent movement. to do that, would make them as murderous as the governments they are fighting.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
The existence of Anonymous makes me wish we had home PCs and were taught how to use computers when I was in school. But I think I was in the last non computer savvy generation. Computer use wasn't even an option until the last year of high school back then, for an hour a week!

Pity. I might be almost 40 but if I had the technical know how I'd definitely actively support Anonymous.

i am 44 and i had computer lab and..programming in my high school and middle school...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

MOD NOTE:
No need to self promote a thread on another thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

MOD NOTE:
MOD NOTE already left.. Do not need members going off topic by telling other members to stay on topic!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

No it doesn't suck being old, I'm 43 shy of a week. I got my first computer when I was 16. My first modem was a 300 baud RS-232. I come from pre-internet days, when all you had were BBSs and speed dialers. Being older gives me the wisdom to never talk about the things I did with Eagleterm and Aceterm, especially not on a conspiracy website that won't allow you to talk about hacking.

There will be no tutorials posted here today, nor ever, and especially not by me. Hehehe.

I did do a check a while back, and there are still BBSs in existence. Still running in ASCII mode. I was amazed. Technology has changed, but the fundamental principles are still the same. In fact, I'd say that most networks have been layered upon the older ones, one protocol riding on top of another one, much like an onion. The information is "out there", cue the x-files background music, and go hunt for it if you want to learn.

I've heard that anon is a bunch of script kiddies. If they are, and if my research is correct, then they have found the information most people have no clue about. So that makes them a bunch of smart script kiddies, with powerful tools, knowledge of how the internet actually works, but no wisdom how to exploit it properly. They learned to play, but are playing with a loaded weapon.

All I can do is watch it unfold.

And yes, I am a pacifist. Make love, not war.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Good for you. I wish we had been given that opportunity. Likely computer access in the 80s in schools was dependednt on which country you lived in and which part of that country.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

reply to post by CaDreamer

Good for you. I wish we had been given that opportunity. Likely computer access in the 80s in schools was dependent on which country you lived in and which part of that country.

i do have to admit that the programming was only applesoft, basic and pascal..geez i am such a dinosaur lol computers are like any other tool though. i learned 90% of my computer skills hands on. once you understand the basics everything else is easy.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join