It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are We Capable Of - THIS IS ANONYMOUS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
... Monsanto, for example, should be the next in line.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by beezzer

And to say that these laws would be done anyway is to furrther allow non-justifiable legislation.

Exactly! which is why whats being done is being done...I dont quite get why we're going back and forth?

Our main point of contention is the source of Anon and their true goal. I honestly believe that they are operating under the auspice of the government. Their true goal? Government oversight of the web.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by beezzer

Again, this "killswitch" would be used for other reasons, I'd rather have a group trying to change something, than people that sit around echoing the silly propaganda spewed out by the Media.

Try this analogy. I don't want police in my town. So in order to get rid of the police, I'm going to rob stores, hurt people, break things so the police will go away.

Anon is provoking law enforcement to enact more laws, not less.

Not a fair analogy .... What I fail to see in that analogy is moral justification for the majority of good hard working people who want the best for their own and others like them. If corruption ever gets to the point where this becomes justifiable in the minds of the most people (where police have become so corrupt that something need to be done) then it will take place in the form of policing the police and using their own tactics against them not what you purpose.

And you're last comment "Anon is provoking law enforcement to enact more laws, not less." IS fair ..... but in the system I described above do you really expect something else? If nothing is done, don't expect anything to change (especially in the common man's favor) ... unless that is how you want it to be.

Utmost respect,

-AS-
edit on 10-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: sp + added

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It is MY OPINION

Dude no homo but I like you
, too many people on here don't know how to have a argument without being a troll or attacking someone else.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Upon some reflection, I now know why I felt skeptical toward your belief Anonymous may be a tool of the government. If that were true, then Anonymous would be comitting terrible crimes that couldn't be justified. While in reality, anything and everything they've done is, at worst, morally ambiguous.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They aren't, it's random people, some from IRC's, Youtube, deep web, Facebook, etc Anon is composed of people like you and I, for the people by the people I guess you could say.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think if you looked a little deeper into Anonymous and the origins you would have a very different opinion. While I can see the govt. using the group as a reason to impose harsher net rules, believing the govt. started the group is silly if you research.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

en.wikipedia.org...

Wiki is horrible, but the link for Anon is well document and shows some of their past attacks and activism

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

That is actually pretty well done I'm amazed. Most things I read are HORRIBLE. I have to say ATS seems to be particularly bad at understanding the group.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

The government needs to integrate competing interests to derive a holistic vision and plan to address the cybersecurityrelated issues confronting the United States. The Nation needs to develop the policies, processes, people, and technology required to mitigate cybersecurity-related risks.

www.whitehouse.gov...

This is from the White House.

I appreciate the rebellious nature. I would encourage it. But the timing, the actions, and now the very words of the government have led me to believe that this is an operation that may have been started with good and noble intentions, but has, instead, provided the means for government intervention.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Rahm Emanuel.
edit on 10-7-2011 by beezzer because: e

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yeah most wikis are trolled to hell and back, but the Anon one seems to be a little more respected.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezzer ... I totally understand where you're coming from. It's a "damned if you do damned if you don't" situation. I can tell you that I believe that MANY people are getting sick of the current global situation. So while I can understand your point of view (It's that anon may be insiders right?), I can guarantee you that many are fed up with the current situation and are doing what they can to change things. Whether the end result will be for the betterment of the majority or more suppression is up in the air for now.

I do have faith in humanity and morality. We are however most definitely at a crossroads here. Who to trust, who not to trust .... This may be natural or a plot. But I think that people are getting sick of it all and are deciding to do something about it. They may have the money but we have the numbers.

Respect,

-AS-
edit on 10-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: sp

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TragedyandHope2

I'm in, crash the system, let the fire sale begin.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Thanks.

And to all that I've been in disagreement with; I hope like heck that I'm wrong. I hope that it's because my tinfoil hat is too tight.
But I don't think it is.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

reply to post by AeonStorm

Thanks.

And to all that I've been in disagreement with; I hope like heck that I'm wrong. I hope that it's because my tinfoil hat is too tight.
But I don't think it is.

I hope so to friend
... But I expect things to get worse before they get better ... I just hope that we can recognize parts of our society after all is said and done..... Ugh ... I hate uttering those words (It's not the first time and probably won't be the last).

Hopefully through great change will come great prosperity for all of us.

Peace,

-AS-

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Now
Great movie! The internet and the 2nd Amendment (although sometimes infringed upon) are the last bastions of freedom within this country. In my honest opinion I really do think that people will stand up and cause a ruckus.

It would be like someone today assassinating Ron Paul, people will immediately know somethings up and that it wasn't just a "freak chance" assassination. Too many people support the idea and thats whats key. When you take away an idea especially one of great importance such as the two listed above, you back the lion against the wall, and that's when the claws come out.

I think the government knows this and that's why we haven't seen any real big threat to the internet although I am aware they have been trying to threaten it.

Its a simple concept really, think about how many people use the internet; its outdating the T.V.! Young people know this and older people say this. You can't take away the internet without having some sort of major reaction.

Anon is playing this real smart and I give kudos to them. Non-violent, non-lethal, hit-em-where-it-hurts (their pockets), and of course stealthy.

Personally I don't think this is a false flag or affiliated with government thing. Government doesn't target corporations and government agencies as Anon has. Government wants a false flag, they target the people in which Anon, for now, seems to be trying to uplift.

Thanks for the video OP!

I totally agree with your post Conspiracy Now but what I'm worried about is something much more convoluted then a physical action (such as the assassination of Ron Paul).

What I'm worried about is "mental" false flags in which people can be directed to behave by the way those in power wish us to behave by way of lies, video, audio etc... It's really not out of this realm .... we just need to keep our emotions in check, racial stereo types in check, and fears (in all it's forms) in check...... Wow ... I just had an epihany .... uhh ...

-AS-

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Anon is an e-terrorist organization bent on deterring internet freedom and force Obama to use his Internet Kill switch

I hate these people

This just needs to be repeated. Anon will give the administration ALL the ammo it needs to enforce draconian rule on the internet.
everyone is scared the govt. Will step in and take away the internet...well if they do then everyone needs to join in and stop these atrocities ...this treason wake up folks....my first reply...cool

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
shutting down the internet would cause financial havoc on such a great scale that it would completely collapse our and the worlds economy. all world economies are too fragile at this point for govts to kill this revenue stream. it will never happen. if such government action would begin to take place, other than simple regulation, the people will stand up and revolt. The governments know this, that is why they have done nothing to stop anon as far as shutting down the internet.

they make me fearful, they make me hopeful, and they reflect my anger at the governments and the oppression world wide by immoral governments bent on destroying freedom. I support anon and wish them all the success that they can garner.

anon is us, it is our collective immune system attacking the cancer that is corruption.

thank you anon for standing up for me, for everyone.

we do not forget, we do not forgive. we support Anon

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TragedyandHope2
A new video uploaded by Anonymous just yesterday that shows just how powerful they really are and how there plan to bring back freedom to humanity is about to kick off! Very empowering video!

Nothing anonymous has done or plans to do will cause fear in the government, on the contrary, it will lead to an expansion of government powers and ultimately limit liberty and freedom.

Resistance will only be effective through a majority of people who actually get up, off of their lazy asses, away from their electronic toys and realize their true strength in numbers, united for a single cause and learn that while change isn't easy it can be done.

Don't fall for the anonymous game and believe that they do good where you can't or wont... Ignore them like the geeky aging spoiled brats they are.

Most of the time, they don't even know who they are actually associated with or working for.

If there ever comes a time for real resistance, and a few million of you are ready to actually do something worthwhile and heroic... Please let me know... will ya?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join