It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are We Capable Of - THIS IS ANONYMOUS!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

It really blows my mind. I don't know what they are waiting for.
What is awesomely retarded about their logic? They think "If this revolution causes the government to shut down the internet then we can't go online and talk about revolution." Make sense to you?

edit on 11-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)
Over simplifying.
The underwear bomber, the shoe bomber gave us TSA.
You don't think Anon, real or not, is going to provide an oppourtunity for the government?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
THIS IS SPARTAN !!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Whoa, you guys use TOR? And PROXIES?!?! I bet you even use Freenet! You think I couldn't find an Anonymous punk if I wished to expend a joule of energy to do so?

Then you wont have a problem finding my IP adress and sending it to me in a pm? Also the term "punk" is either defined as one whom lacks courage or one that belongs to a sub culture . the first does not not apply, the second may apply to Anonymous if it were actually one person. I can imagine the Clint Eastwood character from Grand Torino saying "punk" in the back of my mind - chuckles

Anonymous thinks it's helping. I get that. I really, really do. I also get that when they had they're fun little "attack a bank day" a few weeks ago, a local bank (not one of the big multi-national conglomerates) was shut down. One of those banks that grandmothers put their trust in because they're not one of the big ones. During that time nobody could access their funds. So while Anonymous was busy making a statement that those big, mean ole banks aren't to be trusted, regular people, that have exercised their right and chosen to put their trust in a bank, were hurt. And they want a clap on the back for that? Seriously??[/quote

In case you didn't know there was a term for it, it's called "collateral damage". And Anonymous couldn't care less who they hurt as long as they hurt someone. Whiny. Little. Punks.

Who is doing the whining? No whining coming from our end. Sounds like you belong to a Bank that practices unethical means and lost some money or? You could not partake in some selfish self indulgence for a brief time. Your bank should have learned it's lesson. Operation Payback was just small doses. Now that Visa has blocked wiki my only advice is you might want to switch banks and if you have a Visa card then cut it up.
edit on 11-7-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I must say, I love these guys. About time someone, to paraphrase Woody Harrelson in 'Zombieland', "Nutted up or shut up." Though I have no info on this group, should I be told "Tell us everything about them!" I wouldn't, what Anon is doing is right, it's just. Get goin'!!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Originally posted by The Old American
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Whoa, you guys use TOR? And PROXIES?!?! I bet you even use Freenet! You think I couldn't find an Anonymous punk if I wished to expend a joule of energy to do so?

Then you wont have a problem finding my IP adress and sending it to me in a pm?

You must've missed the part about not being worth the energy spent. And I believe you're an Anonymous member about as much as I believe my mom is. moot wouldn't give you the time of day.

Also the term "punk" is either defined as one whom lacks courage or one that belongs to a sub culture . the first does not not apply, the second may apply to Anonymous if it were actually one person. I can imagine the Clint Eastwood character from Grand Torino saying "punk" in the back of my mind - chuckles

Oh, punk is quite appropriate for Anon, as "punk" is also a term to describe a bully. I've beaten up a lot of bullies in my time. Just like Clint Eastwood, as a matter of fact.

Who is doing the whining? No whining coming from our end. Sounds like you belong to a Bank that practices unethical means and lost some money or? You could not partake in some selfish self indulgence for a brief time. Your bank should have learned it's lesson. Operation Payback was just small doses. Now that Visa has blocked wiki my only advice is you might want to switch banks and if you have a Vista card then cut it up.

Wasn't my bank, as I don't use 'em. But plenty of innocent people do. And the same innocent people use Visa. So Anon is going to take them down, too? How noble of them. Stealing passwords and financial information of people that just go about living day-to-day doing what they can to eke out an existence. What was their crime, again? Ignorance? Stupidity? Complacency, maybe?

So, thank you for making my point for me. Anon has no care in the world who they hurt as long as they get attention. Well, they can throw their little childish fits and hurt whoever they want because nobody can catch them, right? "We are Legion!" From my perspective they're brats that need to get their heads on straight. My teenage son shows more responsibility when he's asleep than these punks do

BTW: that's the "coward" definition of punk.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Nobama

That is actually pretty well done I'm amazed. Most things I read are HORRIBLE. I have to say ATS seems to be particularly bad at understanding the group.

no, it's not that they don't understand; both beezer [also in his debating here] and modern academia are people who've shown themselves to be of more than average intelligence.

they just get scared when they think of putting on the mask of Anonymous.

sorry, but i have to call you out: MA=8minutes beez=13min [video was a bit longer than that i'm afraid ]
so just in case you missed it:

"if the government shuts down the internet, we shut down the government"

reply to post by beezzer

you aren't wrong about anon, and simultaneously
you are wrong about anon.

of course governments and intelligence agencies are going to occasional use the anon mask, but there's this thing called

inertia

the aforementioned are big and ponderous organizations

individuals are much more agile,mobile, and faster

ever heard the story of the war between the king of the elephants and the queen of the ants?
the elephant lost.

it doesn't matter if anon originated in the plutonian bowels of an intelligence agency if it did, they should not be putting such "dangerous" ideas out, foolishness indeed.
i've been dancing on the fence myself but basically with this video a gauntlet is being thrown down.

"if the government shuts down the internet, we shut down the government"

the we means us, not just anon [beware saviors and messiahs]
yes, maybe apathy in our country has actually delayed the governments plans, we haven't risen up yet and whoever it is said that bought up the u.s. debt may just happen to want his money NOW [i suspect this is why all that farm[land] was flooded and now is being bought up] so they need to provoke us.

"to justify imposing draconian measures."

but friend, whats actually stopping them from imposing them now?

nothing really.

what? they need to maintain some sort of illusion? lot's of people are waking up lately, many of us have done it on our own, so to speak, most if not all that ascension/ higher frequency stuff is psyops, and not necessarily from governments and/or spook agencies to confuse the simple issue that the human spirit is shrugging of these illusions by which they rule.
we're becoming immune to their methods of enslavement. hopefully, the free ride for the psychopaths is soon to be over.

your own immuno-analogy was actually quite brilliant
too bad you got it backwards IMO, anon is the immuno response, methinks

it's 3 in the morning and i'm only on page 2 so everybody cut me some slack please, i just had to reply to beezer's post right now, a soon to be gold level contributor IMHO.
so i'll wrap up

the war is already ongoing and has been so for a while.

think of that video as a communique you've intercepted/received on the battle field.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
As far as Anonymous being the catalyst for a kill switch i have to reiterate, freedom is not free. Every freedom you and I have was fought for with blood, protest, diplomacy ect. If we all lay down now then what my father fought for during WW2 against a maniacal tyrant and a certain Germanian horde will never have mattered. And every soldier before and after him, worthless war or the ones that mattered as well.

if you remember certain community organizers "terrorist group" jay edger Hoover would call them, Black Panthers? Whom fought for equality under the banner of a black fist, leather coat and beret. No fawkes mask to conceal identity, no internet with the risk of beatings by the enforcers. Today we still have firearms? Today African Americans are a free people with the right of equality that was once denied them. Do not give in to fear! The conditioning of "you better not do that or they will make us all stay after class in time out" no more internet for you scare tactics.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d511053ac13.jpg[/atsimg]

We still have the right to bare arms, at least for now.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah.. and anonymous will answer those encroachment on our rights as well. We should have been crying out then. Anon is doing that now. If something happens to the internet it will amass the people.

You know that it is a poor comparison. Those were incidences with the intentions of causing death and destruction. This is not.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

You know m00t so well yet still do not understand the simple concept of what is Anonymous also hate Anonymous?

You say m00t would "not let me in" lol moot is not a leader he is an IRC admin btw. Anyone can DDoS at will. Are you just google random names and throwing it out there? That is what I am getting. again no leaders. if someone tells you there is leaders they are misinformed or shilling for media disinfo. There is prominence with certain anons again some are accomplished hackers and just that, they are valued.

How do you hate Anonymous people with out a face? Anonymous can be anyone anon is your neighbors, Anon is the waiter, is your Mail Man . You could shake Anonymous hand tomorrow and not have a clue. And i believe you are indeed a "Old American" given your drivel and old way... obsolete futile way of thinking. Your kind will dies off in time just as those plantation owners and such. If your Mother is Anonymous then god bless the woman.

Of course people hate what they do not understand, people hate the opposition that makes things a little inconvenient for them. You could not splurge for a day you poor fellow. Sorry about your luck. Pack a PP&J for lunch just in case your card does not work. If you hate Anonymous then Anonymous is doing something right.

Just typical ATS drivel and subtle trolling , you are wasting my time.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

you aren't wrong about anon, and simultaneously
you are wrong about anon.

of course governments and intelligence agencies are going to occasional use the anon mask, but there's this thing called

inertia

That's what I was saying in my earlier post:

Let's put it this way.. anonymous is everyone. So say 50 percent of them are doing awesome things and 50 percent of them are cia doing things to enact internet laws. Do you think if the half that are doing the protesting gave up the other half that are the gov would magically stop? Ok so now that any reason to oppose the operations is squashed can we just sit back and enjoy the fireworks and support the good things that come of it?

If you are afraid of every new thing that comes along then nothing with ever change.
This thing isn't black and white.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

and they use that word specifically to trick us into having our freedoms removed...anon are not terrorists...they are doing what you or even I havnt got the balls to do

Hiding behind computers linked to the internet through proxies, in complete anonymity and staging DDoS attacks and random hacking of networks, servers and websites is your definition of HAVING BALLS??

Please, you can't be serious, can you?

You people really need to spend a LOT more time offline.

It seems that Anonymous has had an interesting side-affect, they are contributing to the demasculinization of the American male.

The geeks become warriors and even heroes!

No balls required, just a few skills, lots of free time, a good computer and OS and hey... You too can grow a pair and save the world!

hiding behind computers?? those computers allow them to attack the government without anybody getting killed.

they stay anonymous becauseif they are caught then they cant continue to fight.

ridiculing them as geeks is just the idiots method of arguing

they are doing a lot for us and i dont get why people spend so much time bashing our leaders but then condemning anyone who apposes our leaders.

they are doing what we ALL talk about doing and want to do...you need guts because if your caught your life is over

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

You know m00t so well yet still do not understand the simple concept of what is Anonymous also hate Anonymous?

You say m00t would "not let me in" lol moot is not a leader he is an IRC admin btw. Anyone can DDoS at will. Are you just google random names and throwing it out there? That is what I am getting. again no leaders. if someone tells you there is leaders they are misinformed or shilling for media disinfo. There is prominence with certain anons again some are accomplished hackers and just that, they are valued.

How do you hate Anonymous people with out a face? Anonymous can be anyone anon is your neighbors, Anon is the waiter, is your Mail Man . You could shake Anonymous hand tomorrow and not have a clue. And i believe you are indeed a "Old American" given your drivel and old way... obsolete futile way of thinking. Your kind will dies off in time just as those plantation owners and such. If your Mother is Anonymous then god bless the woman.

Of course people hate what they do not understand, people hate the opposition that makes things a little inconvenient for them. You could not splurge for a day you poor fellow. Sorry about your luck. If you hate Anonymous then Anonymous is doing something right.

Just typical ATS drivel and subtle trolling , you are wasting my time.

It's funny how people latch on to my forum name as if "Old American" means my actual age. Trust me when I say you're hardly original here. But it is interesting how you and the others making that observation seem to agree that personal responsibility, concern for the innocent, and the respect of a person's rights are considered old and outdated ideals. Very interesting, indeed.

And why can't you seem to own up to the fact that, assuming you actually are a part of Anon, your little group of terrorists seem to delight in harming average people that haven't done a thing to deserve your treatment of them? You keep ducking that part of my comments. Surely that isn't guilt. Surely the Great and Powerful OZ doesn't feel responsibility towards people. They are just lambs for the slaughter that should've known better than to put their trust in something as dastardly as a bank or credit card company. They're the ones not worth your time.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Oh.. come on. Hurting innocent people? Try inconveniencing innocent people. An neither you nor I know if it was actually Anon that worked that bank over. Anon generally has higher goals. It could have just been some kids that misinterpreted Anon's intentions to go after big banking.

Anyway were these "innocent" people that were "hurt" like these innocent people were hurt:

If that (an old woman [which by the way "old woman" were you trained by fox new as a propaganda expert?]) is as bad as the civilian "casualties" get in a war on the administration then Anon truly is great.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
What Al Qaeda did for the TPTB's agenda to control the middle east, Anon is now doing for the TPTB's agenda to control the web.

Whether or not Anon are real, or a CIA black-op is besides the point. They are serving the TPTB's purpose.

My initial impulse is to applaud Anon's efforts to redress the perverse imbalance of power that is rife, but that is sadly naive.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Oh.. come on. Hurting innocent people? Try inconveniencing innocent people. An neither you nor I know if it was actually Anon that worked that bank over. Anon generally has higher goals. It could have just been some kids that misinterpreted Anon's intentions to go after big banking.

Anyway were these "innocent" people that were "hurt" like these innocent people were hurt:

If that (an old woman [which by the way "old woman" were you trained by fox new as a propaganda expert?]) is as bad as the civilian "casualties" get in a war on the administration then Anon truly is great.

I don't know what kind of community you live in, but in my neck of the woods we have several local banks. They're only peripherally connected to the Federal Reserve. People in smaller communities like local banks for one reason or another. Mostly it's because their cousin Margaret works there or some such folksy reason.

So these people were unable to access their funds for any reason on that day. They couldn't buy groceries, they couldn't buy shoes, they couldn't buy their girlfriend a necklace...and they couldn't make a mortgage payment. They couldn't make their electric bill payment, or rent, or car payment. You say they were just "inconvenienced", and true, most were only that. But some were more than inconvenienced, I guarantee you.

And you compare their hurt to the people of Iraq? You're not at all in touch with the human condition. Have you ever stubbed your toe? Was that not, at the time, the absolute biggest deal in your life in the history of lives? We know it really wasn't, but to you it was at that moment.

Have you ever felt the panic of not being able to access your funds when you absolutely had to have it right then? Silly as it sounds, the plight of the Iraqis may as well be unicorn farts in that situation.

My point is that Anon doesn't even consider these people when they attack this or that business. All they know is "OMG their evol!!1". It's going to back fire on them one of these days. They're going to attack the wrong business, or the wrong part of a business or entity. They're going to make a mistake and someone's going to be so hurt they will feel they can't go on. And Anon will sit there behind that silly Guy Fawkes mask and point at someone else saying "it was their fault".

I don't expect you or any of the other Anonymous fanboys to even give a rat's hairy butt about what I've said. You're caught up in your little world of Just Causes and First Wrongs that you can't see past your own DDoS scripts to bother to care about the citizens you're affecting. But I can hope that it at least gives someone a moment's pause.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Anon are both a good and bad group, based on common sense a group of anonymous people people all with personal motives and intentions is going to have split views and ideas of getting what they want. The solution is those in Anon with intelligence and an understanding of what needs to be done. The problem is those in Anon who just think it is cool and in turn will disrupt innocent people’s lives and give Anon a bad name in public view.

The argument is not whether these people are good or bad as they are both, I don’t look at them as a collective but rather as individuals. Just like ATS member, many very intelligent good hearted people, others let’s be honest a tad crazy and often spread dis info for the pleasure of telling a story. In fact just like any kind of group, believing in us vs them only causes disassociation from the matter at hand.

As for governments shutting down the internet, do you want revolution? We should all know that whenever people revolt against their leaders the internet WILL get cut, that is part of the package when you get to the final stages of freedom. It is a good sign as everyone will then be against the government because now they can’t watch xFactor shows on Youtube. If the internet goes off, everyone goes to the streets and fights the dictators, unless they bow and ask for forgiveness.

Anon are "E-terrorists"? Some yes, however many no. Their message is often valid and anyone who fights for freedom has my respect whether or not we have to fight to get back the internet and freedom as a consequence.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
While I don't believe that Anons purpose is to hasten total internet control by TPTB, that may be the inevitable result.

BUT

There are some facts I think the Anti-Anon folks are overlooking.

First, Control always seeks greater control. The attempt to gain total control of the net is coming, sooner or later, whether or not Anon existed. Its just part of a global push towards unlimited centralized power. Our freedoms are being eroded daily anyway.

Anon may just be speeding us towards the final, inevitable, unavoidable shootout. It was always coming. Dont blame Anon for that.

Secondly, the thing you fear, that Anons actions will be used to justify and accellerate total internet
control by TPTB, as well as being inevitable anyway may also be what HAS to happen to trigger mankind into full scale global resistance and rejection of fascistic governement control. Thus it will likely be the last
mistake TPTB ever make.

If what you fear is also the trigger for something amazing to happen, then Anonymous are to br praised for seeing the writing on the wall and standing up in resistance now and going out to meet TPTB in the metaphorical 'OK Corral', rather than cowering in their homes hoping that somehow the inevitable can be avoided.
edit on 11-7-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
anon died of cancer back in 2006...every tripfriend knows this.
it does make sense tho' all this noise is occurring... seeing how the 13 year olds then, would all be turning 18 now... finally "ready" to "take on the world".

anons dead. long live anon.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Has anonymous accomplished anything at all?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join