It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are We Capable Of - THIS IS ANONYMOUS!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Good. When people stop using the internet and realize all they lost, we will kill two birds with one stone.

I love these people.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Strangly, every time a courageous organisation takes the lead to defend our right, it gets bashed and criticized, if we want to have a chance we have to united and if Anonymous wants to take the lead well i'm in...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey it works in Mexico. The Drug lords run the cops out of towns all the time.

~Morpheus

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I've been following the news of Anonymous for quite sometime and I am pleased to see where this is going. All the people who believe Anonymous is a "terrorist organization" need to open their eyes. What are they doing making you think they are terrorists? Exposing corruption? Promoting the existence of sites such as Wikileaks? Granted they may have done some stuff you do not agree with, but they seem to be shifting their focus to a more global scale.

You may think Anonymous is a group of "script kiddies," but they are growing. Instead of a bunch of 4chan users, they are trying to appeal to everyone. In this day of age the internet is what gives us power and Anonymous is the first major group I have seen that is trying to form a resistance using it. Hackers will be the ones to expose information of corruption and use that information for the greater good. The more people who join this resistance, the better it will be. Phase 1 is very important. Most people are uneducated and would rather read about how a celebrity just got a divorce. If we began spreading information pertaining to our governments people will began taking a more active role in the future of this world.

If the government decides to shut down the internet guess what will happen? A huge ****storm of protesting. Too many people rely on the internet not just for entertainment, but for business. When you take away a mans ability to pay for food, that man will do whatever it takes to get it.

Please stop being ignorant and calling this a "terrorist" group. They are at least MAKING AN EFFORT to promote change. You would rather sit around and say "hey our government is so screwed up, we need to do something about it!," but you know very well you won't do a thing. Anonymous is trying to do something for the greater good of society and I believe it is time to make a change.

If you think what they are doing through the internet is "wussy", or "pathetic" then you are mistaken. Hows about you go to the White House, with a whole slew of weapons, and be a big man, and take out that whole evil government of yours? How do you think that's going to work out? Oh wait, that's right, its not. Even if you did it with a group of people, then what are you? You are a murderer and a horrible human being. The internet provides a way for many people to participate in resistance without feeling like they will be punished (although this is false, it is still what most people believe). Everything is online now. Nothing is impenetrable on the internet. If its there, it can be found, its just a matter of when.

As a single individual your voice means absolutely NOTHING. The government does not care about what YOU say. The government has transformed conspiracy theorists into some form of laughing stock. If you say the US government is actively destroying American society you will be laughed at like a lunatic. That is why hackers need to help. If they can spread information that is credible from email logs, documents, etc, then people will actually believe. When a group speaks out, the government will listen. Anonymous is forming this group, yet some have the audacity to call them "terrorists?" What is wrong with them? If you ever expect change then you need to expect a group capable of change. You can say whatever you want on these forums about how bad TPTB are and what they are doing and how things need to be changed. But if you refuse to believe that what Anonymous is doing is beneficial, then you do not deserve to be a member of the resistance or a member of this site.
edit on 10-7-2011 by StruggleTogether because: Added information

edit on 10-7-2011 by StruggleTogether because: Grammar

edit on 10-7-2011 by StruggleTogether because: More grammar

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Hiding behind computers linked to the internet through proxies, in complete anonymity and staging DDoS attacks and random hacking of networks, servers and websites is your definition of HAVING BALLS??

It seems that Anonymous has had an interesting side-affect, they are contributing to the demasculinization of the American male. The geeks become warriors and even heroes! No balls required, just a few skills, lots of free time, a good computer and OS and hey... You too can grow a pair and save the world!

Oh i guess strting to shoot peoples, all gun blazing, driven by testoterones,is a proof of intelligence ?

Well , i guess, if its the case, lead the way, we're all following you...

Talkin about it, why dont you start the revolution ?

You're like the others..

We have skills, yes, and changing things, startings a movement , a revolution require skills and intelligence and strategies

It require a brain , but it seem many of you lack this important element.

If for you, having skills require masculinity, then you might have a serious problem...

revolutions do not require violence constantly.

Only idiots who dont know how to use their brain , want to start a revolution in a blood bath

Enjoy the show while you can.

edit on 10-7-2011 by Conciliatore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Bigger companies hire hackers to test the security of their websites all the time. Now instead of them having to spend any money, Anonymous attacks them and does it for free. They even do them the favor of contacting the MSM about it. So now they will get loads more of traffic, making them more money and powerful, and all while they improve security thanks to them.

Now, this idea below includes a good bit of assuming, so don't take it as a real plan please. It's simply an idea.

They should go after all banks and wipe their entire systems clean. Sure, they will probably have backups, but then they could just attack again and again until they are unable too. If banks fail to improve their security within a few days, they would have to resort to copying from paper, back into the system, which would create more jobs. Why would this happen? Because backups are just that, backups. No new information could be entered into it and they can't exactly make new backups while their entire systems are down.

Now the lines at banks would be even more of a pain, and the sheeple will become angry at the banks. This is what we want isn't it? I know when I am angry at something, I research all I can to help take them down. I think this would be a good start to helping others wake up to reality.

Again, just an idea, with lots of assuming of course.

edit on 7/10/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conciliatore

It require a brain

Obviously, can't argue with that, and I hereby rest my case.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by quedup

I just did in a previous post. It is MY OPINION (stress that) that Anon is nothing more than a sham ued to provide a reason for further draconian rules and regs on the internet.

In 1939, Hitler used a sham partisan attack to allow his army into Poland, uder the guise ofproviding safety and security to the polish people. We see how THAT turned out.

I was thinking like you, a few week ago but the equation is simple , let tptb do whatever they want giving them the "if we hide they wont hurt us " or "let do something to change that right now" .
And to be honest they will find any way to kill the net if they need to , even if they have to forge false flag .
So if you dont want police state , the only way to stop it is to protest not to hide and pray for it to not happen .
Neutrality has some cost that are hidden , because there is no such thing as neutrality.
Take the exemple of the swiss during wwII , you can be sure swiss helped the nazi and sometime has played a role for nazi to escape after the war , like i said no such thing as neutrality
edit on 10-7-2011 by cyberether because: bad english

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What if this whole ANON thing was a type of False flag operation whose sole purpose is to get internet censorship lobbied upon, agreed upon, set up in, our so called democratic (new age communist) society, legalized and finally enforced? If ANON has not been taken down yet it is because a certain someone or something wants them to be in effect, the visionaries who were at the forefront of what we as a society will come to know as the reason TOTAL internet censorship was put into place, Total control, total domination, a totally inhumane and complete lack of respect for the common good of mankind.

We need to be lifted up to a greater good, a kind of solidarity of the spirit, a leverage that not one common negative aspect of our already turbulent lifestyles can reflect upon, a peacefulness that only comes once in a lifetime, that same spark in each and every single one of us that can be ignited and set ablaze, and when burning bright is unstoppable unreachable, and unchangeable. For if we do not fight back, if we do not seek out the truths, if we just linger back in the foreshadows of time and take what is given to us, to sit there and passively watch our lives flicker out by the wind, then we, as one mankind.... fail.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
many of you still do not seem to get it, your looking at this completely backwards.

the internet as it stands is already a hurdle to them. its hindering some future goal they have planned, and must be removed before they can commence with that plan.

by doing all of this your opening the door for them to remove said hurdle, something they otherwise would not have been able to do.

for everybody saying "well at least they are doing SOMETHING"... nothing needs to be done as far as the internet goes. its already their problem.

if you want to throw a wrench in their pie, try growing the current internet as it is.

the internet as it stands is a globalist wet dream. it transcends borders and is the epitimy of freedom. they wish nothing more than to CONTROL any form of global freedom.

as it stands we run the show.

if it aint broke, dont fix it.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
We made changes in the sixties.

One thing we learned was to to fight what is hidden from sight one must also be hidden as well.

Anon

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
many of you still do not seem to get it, your looking at this completely backwards.

the internet as it stands is already a hurdle to them. its hindering some future goal they have planned, and must be removed before they can commence with that plan.

by doing all of this your opening the door for them to remove said hurdle, something they otherwise would not have been able to do.

for everybody saying "well at least they are doing SOMETHING"... nothing needs to be done as far as the internet goes. its already their problem.

if you want to throw a wrench in their pie, try growing the current internet as it is.

the internet as it stands is a globalist wet dream. it transcends borders and is the epitimy of freedom. they wish nothing more than to CONTROL any form of global freedom.

as it stands we run the show.

if it aint broke, dont fix it.

By them are you referring to Anonymous or TPTB? I'm really confused as to what your getting at. Anonymous is using the internet to inspire a form of revolution. If governments wish to restrict that privilege then I'm sure there will be more "physically direct" protests from people.

Originally posted by digitalbluco
Now, this idea below includes a good bit of assuming, so don't take it as a real plan please. It's simply an idea.

They should go after all banks and wipe their entire systems clean. Sure, they will probably have backups, but then they could just attack again and again until they are unable too. If banks fail to improve their security within a few days, they would have to resort to copying from paper, back into the system, which would create more jobs. Why would this happen? Because backups are just that, backups. No new information could be entered into it and they can't exactly make new backups while their entire systems are down.

Now the lines at banks would be even more of a pain, and the sheeple will become angry at the banks. This is what we want isn't it? I know when I am angry at something, I research all I can to help take them down. I think this would be a good start to helping others wake up to reality.

Again, just an idea, with lots of assuming of course.

edit on 7/10/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry, but that idea would be horrific. If some group wiped entire bank systems clean do you realize how many people's lives would be destroyed? When the stock market crashed and banks began failing during the Great Depression many people were devastated. In this day of age banking is even more common place and more dependent on computers. Your plan would basically destroy Anonymous (everyone would hate them) and destroy many lives for many people.

Originally posted by misfitofscience
What if this whole ANON thing was a type of False flag operation whose sole purpose is to get internet censorship lobbied upon, agreed upon, set up in, our so called democratic (new age communist) society, legalized and finally enforced? If ANON has not been taken down yet it is because a certain someone or something wants them to be in effect, the visionaries who were at the forefront of what we as a society will come to know as the reason TOTAL internet censorship was put into place, Total control, total domination, a totally inhumane and complete lack of respect for the common good of mankind.

Well Anonymous would be quite a group to effectively "take down." Since there really isn't any standard way to "join" Anonymous, anybody can say there part of Anonymous and actually be a part of it. If Anonymous was all of a sudden "gone" I think quite a few questions would need to be answered.
edit on 10-7-2011 by StruggleTogether because: Add Information

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
For all those who are using the continued existence of Anon as proof of their being shills, please do some research on IRC, VPNs and the other tools that are used to protect anonymity. The fact that the only arrest of any significance has been of a guy in the UK who hosted Anon's IRC on his servers speaks volumes. Anon cannot be shut down. Anon cannot be infiltrated. Target selection is completely democratic, as each op not only has to be agreed with by a large number of anons, but cannot be effective without a large number participating directly in it.

Unfortunately, this also explains why most ops are.... how can I put it?.... unspectacular. This will change in time, as more people decide to become Anons, and the necessity for larger and more effective ops becomes greater.

I foresee that the Anon movement (for that is what it is, NOT an organisation) will spread and grow, and become less about DDoSing and other forms of hacktivism, and more involved in classic civil disobedience tactics, real world sabotage and mass protests. It is starting to happen already.

What I would really like to see is some really expert hackers getting past the banks' security systems and screwing with their interest allocation algorithms. Let each account on each banks' books receive a few dollars, yen, pounds, etc. each day. The banks will be phucked, people will have to buy real resources such as gold in order to protect their money and will do so in droves once the banks' security can no longer be trusted. This will be the beginning of the end for the Federl Reserve, the Bank of England, the IMF and the other global financial manipulators.

You can either participate and stake your claim in the future, or sit back and watch the fireworks, taking your chances on freedom.

Remember: Anyone can be Anonymous, in the eyes of the Elite we all already are. You may as well have your voice heard by the other Anons rather than cast your vote in a system which does its level best to make sure your voice counts for nothing. The choice is yours.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Gotta say. After seeing the Video in the OP, I went and registered at the site. I support Anonymous and everything they are doing. The internet is the last place on this wretched planet where we can be free and now the Govt is targeting it. I will do what I can to help the group and help my community and help fight Tyranny.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
what I find funny every time I read a thread similar to this or anything to do with revolution,freedom; there is always one constant factor, No one wants to die in order to keep their freedoms. No one is willing to sacrifice their lives so others may enjoy the freedoms we hold dear. That is the problem right there, everyone wants the freedoms we have but no one wants to do anything to keep them!

I think that's a valid point,but understandable reasoning should be considered.

We're fricking sick and tired of dieing for causes that turn out to be bogus for the most part.

Over the last 40 years, we have been told where and when to die on foriegn soil, for the best interest of our
Country. And we have.

And there ALWAYS seems to be ulterior motives after the fact.

If we were to start dieing as a people, on our soil, to protest big business,that is SO nebulous and far reaching on so many levels,it's scary.

EVERYONE has friends or family in the military or working for a Corporation.

Picking and choosing some businesess, and disclosing private corporate information seems a lot safer from behind a keyboard.....for now.

Again, I don't endorse ANY law breaking at all...I am a law abiding U.S. citizen..and a wuss.

I see both sides..and that's where I'm staying.. on the side.

Nice debate though

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Anon is an e-terrorist organization bent on deterring internet freedom and force Obama to use his Internet Kill switch

I hate these people

So you think you and all of us are really free? maybe you need to rethink deeply that point of view my friend.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
First of all, why don't they just empty out the bank accounts of the mega wealthy and split all the funds to people all over the world and erase the traces of that? That sends a message straight to the elite that we can take their wealth at anytime and without wealth, there is no power.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Back to the OP: This is what we are capable of......

12 pages,
93 flags, and
a lot of people at ends to whether anon is a good or bad thing. Most seem worried about the internet getting shut down.

But hey, isn't step one of "The Plan" to INFORM? Spread the message? Till November when step two goes into effect?

I'll bet a lot of people will be going about their business tomorrow and actually talking to others about the frightening realities presented here. Yeah, you know, the real people in real life. I know I will be.

The whole FB ban, meh. Google + is due out soon. FB is outdated, and people will try anything new. It is, however, scary that censorship has already started....freedom of speech, remember?

I also find it interesting that the ages of the 161 users currently online at THE PLAN range from 16 to 41, with a median in the mid 20's. Seems like angry young kids causing all the stir.

Also interesting:

Domain ID
162547057-LROR Domain Name:WHATIS-THEPLAN.ORG Created On:17-Jun-2011 14:09:59 UTC Last Updated On:17-Jun-2011 14:10:00 UTC Expiration Date:17-Jun-2012 14:09:59 UTC Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR) Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED Status:CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED Status:TRANSFER PROHIBITED Registrant ID:CR85948319 Registrant Name:Registration Private Registrant Organization
omains by Proxy, Inc. Registrant Street1
omainsByProxy.com Registrant Street2:15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353 Registrant Street3: Registrant City:Scottsdale Registrant State/Province:Arizona Registrant Postal Code:85260 Registrant Country:US Registrant Phone:+1.4806242599

The domain for "The Plan" was created less than a month ago, on June 17th. Of course, the registration is private. Hmm. I for one am staying tuned. We're on the cusp of something historical, and it seems we'll be re-defining a few terms in the near future.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by StruggleTogether

i am speaking of tptb, and the internet already was a revolution.

i liken it to the wild west. what killed the wild west? police force.

they are sacrificing our only current avenue to freedom...for what they think is...freedom.

its a futile effort. im not discouraging the cause, im simply discouraging the method to acheive said cause.

if we lose the internet, it is 100% OVER. the whole shabang. kapootz
edit on 10-7-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Also I work in a field that gives me a unique inside to what Anon can do and I must say they are not all powerful, they are hyped why too much on this forum and in the media.

Last month they threatened to take down a certain service provider due to arrests of Anon leadership in Spain. This attack was to cripple South America and after 4 days the most they achieved was changing Venezuela's main web page to say "ANON IS HERE" and stole some info from another site.

I was quite unimpressed considering they banded with "LatinHackerKing".../

they are more talk than bite from my professional experience.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join