It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Your Electric Meter Has Been Changed Recently You Might Be Under Surveillance

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thank you...the voice of reason. What you have said...is what is really happening....reality check!

Yeah, I think this stuff is a little over the top myself. Many of these claims of the government desiring to spy on every individual's every move and keep such documentation on record forever is not realistic, in my opinion. While I'm sure there is a desire for this on SOME level, the idea that the government plans on monitoring every move of billions of inhabitants on this planet as a form of control is inconceivable at this juncture. Why would they care about the average person's mundane life? And the idea that we would eventually be part of a gigantic database where we are monitored day in and day out is laughable at best, considering the level of efficiency our governments operate at today. They wouldn't have the capability to pull something like that off with any success. Incrementally, maybe.....but everyone on the planet (or even just in America) 24/7.....no way......

If they are entertaining these ideas, they are doomed to fail.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A friend from Texas likes the smart meters.
Three years ago he caught a meter reader in a storage building on his property filling a bag with his property.
one problem was that the meter is in the front of the property and the meter reader had no business going any place but to the meter.

The meter reader found himself looking down the barrel of a loaded 9mm with a pi**ed off property owner holding it.
He never finished reading meters that day..
And its unlikely he will be reading meters for years as when the cops started cross checking there burglary reports with the meter readers route they found some interesting patterns.
With a search warrant they found a lot of stolen property at the meter readers home.

The cops found the meter reader had been doing burglaries on the job for so long they could not charge him with all of them because of the statute of limitations.

Who ever really sees meter readers or pays attention to them.

I know when they installed the smart meter at my place my backdoor alarm quit going off.(my meter is by the back door)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Yep, give up those liberties for them securities. What this country was founded on!

All well, nothing will happen. The new meters WILL be installed, because people are just too lazy anymore. (Myself included, though mine is a choice.)

I sit back and enjoy watching others get their rights taken away, espcially when it comes for "I told you so", because I do like saying that.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Oh, no doubt there is an upside to not having meter readers come on the property. I would like for the meters to be out by the road (Don't know why they can't be) as well as propane tanks, etc. I don't like people I don't know coming on my place.

My propane deliverer is already suspect since we was all too eager to look in my shop and remark on how I had more stuff than he did! I had asked if he could fill smaller tanks for generators and he was in and looking (for them?) before I could come around and steer him out. I used to like him, but now I am just suspicious.

Although there is someone home most all the time, and I have large guard dogs...still one can feel vulnerable at times when you have to give people the combination to your gate lock.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Basic computer science
The way you phrased your argument you made it seem like a massive feat
But it's not
You gather info, a database stores that info and that's it
Govt now has both current and historical data

It's not as complicated as you make it seem

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Why INVITE the ability of others to snoop on yourself by third parties. None of us can be completely free of snooper scoopers getting our info.

Short of running into the woods, eating beans from a can and living in a pup-tent we are all going to have some intrusion into our privacy.

But, we need to always ask ourselves if the promised rewards for giving up our personal info is worth it.

Exercise some smarts and just say no to smart meters

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have not had the electric meter changed, but recently in my city they replaced all of the water meters, with fancy new digital meters that look like more than just a water meter.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Love the graphic with the vibrator!

Really? a plug in vibrator?

Thats some serious massaging power going on there Norma Jean!

Vroom!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wow, never knew that a smart meter can tell if you using your laptop to do some crazy stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
How much backlash would you get if you got a generator and told the electric co to take their pulsing meter off your tract house and and keep their bills and fees to themselves?
You are not interested in selling your surplus electricity back to them.

I don't have such a generator but someone must have done this. Does anyone know what the power companies do in retaliation?
edit on 13-7-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join