It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Your Electric Meter Has Been Changed Recently You Might Be Under Surveillance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Very Important Thread regarding Smart Meters!!
Mods I wasn't sure where to post this, if you think it belongs somewhere else feel free to move.

This is a warrantless search of your life everyday and every minute forever.

These Stupid Meters basically are always on and are constantly letting god knows who what's going on in your house all throughout the day.

That's NOT the worst part, the worst part is that anyone can BUY this data, it's up for grabs for anyone that has the cash to know what you do on a daily basis and all historical data.

These Smart Meters should be illegal!
Basically if you have an FCC number on your smart meter than you are being watched, it's that simple!

360 spying on everyone, how does that feel?

SPY SPY SPY SPY SPY

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Ugh. We just got one of these installed. I thought the explanation was kind of strange, and I'm certainly going to do a bit more investigating into this now. Thanks for posting this. After we got ours installed, I asked a few neighbors if they got theirs and got blank stares, so now I'm really even more curious.

[Funny thing. and probably purely coincidental, is that we haven't lost power in the ten years we've lived here, but since this meter thingy was installed we've lost power three times for over 5 hours twice and over 12 hours a third time (in three weeks). In addition, they replaced most of the box on the street due to "a lightning strike" after the third outage.]

Here's the website for my EMC about these: Smart Meters
edit on 7/10/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If there is one at my place I'll take a 5 pound sledge to it first thing in the morning...

This is really bizarre to learn about... How brazen people in positions of power, even low power, are becoming..

People need to find out who started this and if any known politicians have secretly signed off on it...

And then bang some heads

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Had mine for some time. Really had no choice in the matter.

After they put them in there was a complaint that people's electric bill was a lot higher.Buy they said studies proved otherwise.

Believe this story is from 2010 because I've seen the video before.
edit on 10-7-2011 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Um, Lucidity, just got a call from the monitor director in your area.
You've had your computer on too much and have microwaved popcorn at twice the normal allowable rate.
Please stop.

Seriously? Read the above "snark" and see how close we are to that. Scary. Orwellian. And wrong!

S+F

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Whoa, to the fact that you actually have one installed at your place, and they used subterfuge in their explanation to get you to not mind it?

I would be so outraged... You should call a good lawyer and give them a copy of that guy's notice from the video...

This is really serious stuff..

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ha. It is disturbing that we are achieving these ridiculous levels of surveillance...and being so subtly persuaded to accept it too. I seriously thought nothing of it till now...routine upgrading. Right.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321
[more

Same thing happened in my town. I never liked the "smart" meters. Yet we have no choice..

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I guess the big question is ,what are you doing that would make anyone think you were worth watching.i dont mean this to be rude ,just why would big brother spend their time a nd money to watch you make popcorn or brush your teeth.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I have dial-up and can't download the video. Can someone explain how it can be monitoring us? Is it the amount of watts and some kind of electrical resistance patterning determining what appliances we use? Is there more?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

If you are all of the sudden using more electricity than normal, (for example) they may suspect you of growing illegal substances and ask law enforcement to search your home.

The (2nd) vid says to request through your electric company, to not have it installed, if it already is.

edit on 10-7-2011 by dreamingawake because: more info

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

just why would big brother spend their time a nd money to watch you make popcorn or brush your teeth.

I think it is just more information that can be sold to compile a complete profile of the residence. Seems like every business is trying to sell your information.

My question is what company is creating the profile?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Just Google smart meters and it will tell you everything you need to know. In a nut shell....do NOT get one installed!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'm friggin pissed off man
Life is not life anymore, it's a completely different animal now

Life was so much simpler once upon a time

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
i think everyone deserves being watched.

Why cant the watchman be your best friend? Could you not assume that maybe if no one else really knows you... the watchman does?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
i think everyone deserves being watched.

Why cant the watchman be your best friend? Could you not assume that maybe if no one else really knows you... the watchman does?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Dang, I just got a notice in my mail box that they are installing these within the next 30 days at our apartment complex.
Will this help me see where all my electricity usage is going? That might actually be useful to me...then I can tell my hubby that leaving his PS3 on 24/7 while not in use is maybe not the best thing for saving money...
edit on 10-7-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why must the watchmen be corrupt?

Is it really the only possiblity that evil men are the watchmen?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by beezzer

Why must the watchmen be corrupt?

Is it really the only possiblity that evil men are the watchmen?

Why the need for watchmen to begin with. If they are going to monitor me without a warrant, then I want to be able to monitor them as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
We are truly living in the age where if a corporation tries to provide you with something, you are guaranteed it is a Trojan horse.

Please save us, Comet ELEnin!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join