It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I kinda wish our Government was smart enough to look into ATS, but...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If we as an (relatively) underground community were to be influenced by the government then the government would be in a better position by understanding the people's consorns and be better serving of our people...so my question is..would it be so bad?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
IF they were looking to understand the concerns of the people, possibly. However, I am solidly under the belief the government could really care less about what the people want, and instead, sell the people on what they say we need.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Believe me....they look, even better, they monitor, but not to understand our concern or anything like that......rather they need to know our mindset to combat us......to keep control of us.....keep the leash tight on our neck.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there are ongoing files on quite a few members of ATS.

I keep waiting for that black van to pull up

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevooo
If we as an (relatively) underground community were to be influenced by the government then the government would be in a better position by understanding the people's consorns and be better serving of our people...so my question is..would it be so bad?

hahaha lol hahaha you think ATS is a underground community? I would not be surprised if the govt runs this site.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It's the same argument that WWE fans have been aiming at Vince McMahon and his family for years.

"But....we're on all the main wrestling websites, sending them messages and now we can contact them on Twitter, Facebook and on their own WWE Universe blog accounts we can have on their website so surely they'll listen to what we want?"

Wrong.

Big businesses like WWE and institutions like the government pretend they listen to ideas and suggestions but the truth is, they do whatever they think the people like to see or what they personally would prefer.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is about the last site on the planet that such a sentiment is going to be considered. Can't speak for other places, but my impression is that most from the U.S. consider it their civic duty to question the government and consider it wise to be wary of authority. The last thing they want is that very same authority hanging around here.

Personally, the U.S. government has shown me that, for whatever reason, whatever it touches turns to crap. It's like the opposite of the Midas touch. I don't want that disease to spread to ATS.

On a more practical note, it's better to give hardcore people their playground so that they can have a place to vent or be talked down by reason. It's very easy for a generally normal person to go off the deep end if they don't have a way to let off steam. ATS provides that for a large variety of conspiracy theory folks, or seems to, and it seems to me that such a thing is a very important outlet.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Imagine if the government was run the way this place does. too...much....potential....ahhhhhhhh

Everyone has a fair say and are dismissed or accepted based on the validity of their remarks.

Whereas the system we have now is based on how much you've inherited from your family to take the things other families can't.

top topics

join