It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dreamt last that I (almost a new father ) met my unborn baby.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hi my name is Tony and I am to become a father, pretty awesome I know! My baby girl is due to arrive around oct 25th and up until this point its been rather interesting trying to even fathom what this little life could look and feel like. Now I am going to just tell you my dream and hopefully have a chat with any dads or even someone in my position before. I would ask my own father in this case but unfortunately he has passed away and I don't have anyone to bounce this off to. So thank you in advance to reading.

So this dream started differently then most of my other dreams I just kinda "popped" into the scene with no real ease but rather I inhabited my future self as I look around the room I am I very quickly notice that I am holding a baby. She had t have been around 1 -2 years old as I was bouncing her on my leg. I instinctively without a doubt understood that this was my baby and oh I was I just loving it. I immediately was filled with joy and love. After hearing her giggle and laugh it was made clear to me her name was Isla ( thats just one of the names we have picked out Abby is runner up) I guess I liked that name more but I honestly believe that you should meet them before you name them, wouldn't want a personality clash lol. So after playing with her for what felt like only 5 mins *snap* I am back in bed and I have awoken.

So Dads of Ats has anyone had dreams like this before?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tonyinawareness

I am no father, but I am a brother. One time I had a very similar dream of seemingly prophetic proportions. I was with friends and family, and stuff happened blah blah blah but what I really remember most from the dream is when I ran into this kitchen that I had never seen before and saw my younger brother in a stroller. However, in real time he was only a couple months old and I saw a child that was at least three, maybe four years old. I had the same dream probably four more times after that and each time the same face comes up. The oddest part about that dream is that the face that appears is *definately* the correct face, even though I did not truely see it until years later.

Anyway, I believe you. I have heard of this happening to people before, and maybe it means something or maybe not, but a cool story to tell people nonetheless right?

by the way, the kitchen was of the house I moved into shortly after, so it was even more odd.
edit on 9-7-2011 by PhysicsAdept because: forgot to mention

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I immediately was filled with joy and love.

I don't want to sound off the deep end religiously...but this sounds like a very spiritual blessing!

Either way a very touching story...thank you for sharing...S & F!

Whether you believe in a higher power or not...I think it would be wise to acknowledge a gift from somewhere!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sometimes we make too much of something that is natural and beautiful.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Very cool thanks for sharing I have heard of other stories just like ours like Déjà vu but dreaming it before hand I guess its more of a precognition. I used to have that alot when I was younger like around 7-12 years old and only recently been having similar experiences. I am assuming its because I have stopped drinking and other substances especially before bed. I have also had some pretty fun lucid dreams as well. What do you think dreams really are?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

I immediately was filled with joy and love.

I don't want to sound off the deep end religiously...but this sounds like a very spiritual blessing!

I think it would be wise to acknowledge a gift from somewhere!

Oh its not crazy to me I am a believer that everything happens for a reason and I would say I have never felt more connectivity in a dream then that particular episode. Possibly maybe a "time slip" where I fell into a future self if only for a moment.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Oh its not crazy to me I am a believer that everything happens for a reason and I would say I have never felt more connectivity in a dream then that particular episode. Possibly maybe a "time slip" where I fell into a future self if only for a moment.

I feel safe saying that dreams are one of the last and least understood things about the human mind...there are a lot of theories...and a ton of speculation...but without doubt we have no idea why, or what, they truly are...so putting all the theories aside and strictly dealing with facts...I would say amazing still fits the mold.

At least until someone comes up with some understanding...but in my opinion...it hasn't happened yet!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I guess technically Dreams are just manifestations of your brain's intake from a short period of recent time... but i think there definately has to be something more to it. Obviously the dream I just discussed was one type of dream , but I've also had dreams where I could talk to myself, others where I controlled everything that happened, and of course the whole dream within a dream thing has happened to me a once or twice. Sometimes I wake up from my dreams and remember them forever, others I can only remember them for a few mintues. Some dreams are logical, and others will bring me into a situation with someone I have only met once, so it is very hard for me to just describe what I think dreams are. One day I hope to find out, I've always wish for dreams in my sleep because good or bad they make me think that I am living more than one life. And maybe this is what it is, some peer into another dimension in which the life I am living is either very similar or very diverse from my conscience one.

Turn to Serj Tankian for more thoughts on dreaming. He is my favorite musician and (though I can't seem to find a link to it), he has described more than once the effects dreams have had on his music, like for the song "Baby", he is talking about the music coming to him in the dream, not an actual person like the rest of the song kind of references. (though I kind of like to think as the whole song as a dream referance.)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Hi Tony I really wanted to respond when I saw your thread!
I am a mother of two and with both pregnancies I had detailed dreams about both my girls.
I have not heard of this happening to fathers but I am sure a father who is open for spiritual communication would be able to have this contact.

With my first child I had so many dreams and with each dream there was some new detail. We were expecting to have a boy because my husband comes from 4 generations of nothing but male children. My dreams about my first baby told me lots of things: our baby would be a girl and she would be exceptionally cute and would fall from a bed by crawling off face first. All of which came true.

My second baby girl I had less dreams but I had one that really stuck with me and it told he that she would have ocean blue eyes and darker skin tone. Both came true she has stunning deep blue eyes. We all have blue eyes but hers are the darkest. She had jaundice so her skin looked like she had a tan.

I have read that our loved ones on the other side can communicate with us through dreams and I fully believe that after my experiences. My deceased grandmother also paid me a dream visit after the birth of both my kids.

Think about what stood out in your baby dream. Take notes and compare to when she finally arrives to see if any of it comes true. If so then your little girl most likely came to see her daddy a little early

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I've had similar dreams when my youngest was still in mama. Enjoy it. And get used to it. Congrats!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thank you everyone it has made me really happy and touching reading these posts and the ability to share experiences. If I have any more I wont hesitate to share. Also I dont think il ever forget that dream it truly me gave a profound abundance of love for my new family member.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I've had some weird experiences in the past 7months. You can read them in my Signature below.

Most recent: I dreamt on Monday I lost my job (I have only been back 4 weeks after being laid off the 4 weeks previous)...then no more than 2 days later I find out I am losing my job...how is it possible? I don't know but I kinda like the fact I'm trusting myself and my experiences for the first time in my life.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011
I've had some weird experiences in the past 7months. You can read them in my Signature below.

Most recent: I kinda like the fact I'm trusting myself and my experiences for the first time in my life.

This is something I have known for quite some time now. even though I am only 23 through meditation and learning through my heart I have discovered life is not only more clear but the empowerment that I find in trusting in "the gut" feeling is awesome. Sorry to hear about the job situation, its possible things are working this way to provide you with the time to find something about your self so that later when you have found a different job it works better or more effective. I was unemployed up until a few months ago for a about a year not because I was lazy or wasnt trying , infact it was hard on the soul not to have a job and feel your worth. But I was able to do some serious healing and find my purpose given to me through my heart. Its like I had to re-learn on how to listen to my self.
Good luck and feel free to keep me updated

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Tony I'll share this because your dream reminds me of a story I've heard a hundred times from my mother..

When she was younger she had a dream which took place at the cottage, and she saw 2 young boys standing at a certain spot under a light on a wooden walkway there. Just standing there staring at her from a distance.

She says when we were about 6 and 8, my brother and I looked like the kids in her dream and we actually stood in that exact spot, standing/positioned exactly how she saw it in the dream. Standing there waiting for her to go swimming with us.

Growing up she said she always knew she was going to have 2 boys because of that dream, and she did. i always thought that was weird. but over the years my dreams have played out in real life as well, so i know we're not crazy! ;p
edit on 10-7-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

top topics

join