It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should i do to get this job interview?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

ive gotta ask who does want a job to work?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I have owned and still own a business in the food service industry. If I get emails, that just speaks lazy to me. Even a phone call is more proactive. I may not like it at times but guaranteed I will remember that person wants a job. When it's time to hire, I have a voice, a name and a phone number already imprinted on my brain.

I agree with you on this. My current occupation is one in which I help young people find work (in a given field). I long ago realized that most hirings happen when the employer connects with the employee. Most new job postings ask for an email resume...this may be OK for high-level positions where a selection committee reviews the resumes and short-lists the candidates. But for entry-level positions, face-to-face is much more effective. Emails take minimal effort and are soooooo easily ignored/deleted.
edit on 10-7-2011 by avocadoshag because: fixed typo

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I notice you say that your references are a 'little sketchy'. Is there anything you can do about this?

I think it would help if you could get some decent personal references from people in respected positions in your community. Would one of your old teachers help you out, for instance?

Even if you have no former work experience a reference that says something positive about your character - reliable, honest, pleasant disposition - may help to swing it for you.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
For this job - - I would dress neatly and professionally for this level position. Polo shirt - khaki pants type look. Clean and neat - - Clean and neat. No earrings or piercings or jewelry. Hair short and neat.

Wait 3 to 4 days - - go in - - ask for the manager. Tell him/her you filled out an application. Use eye contact. Give him your name - - say you just wanted to follow up on a personal level. Say thank you for taking the time to speak with me. Shut up and leave.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
reply to post by boncho

ive gotta ask who does want a job to work?

I love my job. If I didn't have it, I would probably lie around in bed all day with chip crumbs caking onto my boxers. (Which sounds great *to some, but I really love the social interaction of work).

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Headshot? Businesses throw resumes out that have headshots or perfume. Its a way to weed people from the pool.
edit on 11-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join