It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans DO want these jobs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Lately whenever the topic of immigration comes up, there is always some person or government entity or representative saying that Mexicans take these jobs that no American wants. I actually find evidence quite the opposite, and even from personal experience. Who hasn't been summer job hunting at your local mall or fast food place when a lot of times they are taken up. I would say the immigration issue is not as big in my area or state but to those who are in the border states they would be of greater concern, especially NM, AZ, Cali, TX. This is an example of Americans who happily go and apply for jobs as soon as the illegal criminals are arrested:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There are no easy answers to this dilemma. Best response is "American" workers are so ambitious and well trained that there is no threat.
Some of us though have been tasked with trying to make productive workers out of spoiled american brats...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

In most cases the illegal immigrants need the jobs more than the legal American residents.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

They are illegal and they do not belong in the USA.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

In most cases the illegal immigrants need the jobs more than the legal American residents.

"Legal American" is a touchy subject.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Many of these temporary and seasonal jobs are desired by high schoolers and University students because they are temporary. No one wants them after the summer is gone. And so many times the extra (yes extra) cash is so that a student can party for the summer.

Many illegals filling the jobs are mostly feeding families either in the states or back home.

So what does the resort do when they can't find year round workers? Shut down?

Why can't these jobs be filled by citizens? Because no one wants menial dish washing and maid duties in a land of entitlement.

Then the answer is always...Pay more! Well reality checks come in and says that it just isn't that easy. Too many people are under the false impression that if you own a business, you're rich and have bottomless pockets.

So if you are already paying what you can and no one wants to accept those wages, what do you do...Shut down? Not a solution.

Reality Check...Take a job when you can get it and try to understand that your boss may be facing the same financial problems as you.

Look around. Unless you are a member of the elite...no one is getting a free ride.

Citizen or Illegal.

edit on 9-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Sir, please post your credentials,

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Seriously, I don't care if they "need" the jobs, if they want them they should come here legally. They are putting a strain on us and pissing off a lot of people. Since when is it okay to break the law? Is it okay for them to come work here just because they need the money, despite whatever laws they have broken? Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I think we should crack-down on illegal immigration, mainly because it is ILLEGAL, hence the name. I don't understand how anyone can defend illegal immigrants when they are effectively refusing to respect you, me, and our country by breaking the laws we all live by. Ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Any sympathy for illegal immigrants is lost on me.

In Australia, people risk their lives to land on our shores. There is unemployment in Australia and tight regulations that allow unemployment benefit and jobseeking payments. In most cases the people who are in the detention centres as illegal immigrants, awaiting visa decisions, are living better than most unemployed Australians.

I can only imagine how hard it would be with a land border and how many people could jump the fence.

edit on 9-7-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Obviously there are positions where some Americans WILL do. Largely though illegals tend to work on jobs that Americans don't want to do.

What are these jobs that Americans will not do? Do they exist? Or are they a figment of the business community's imagination? It turns out that their claims are largely true—there are plenty of jobs Americans avoid. Let's take a tour of them. Americans shun pretty much any unskilled labor that requires them to get their hands dirty: landscaping, entry-level construction, picking fruits and vegetables (Reuters reports that "up to 70 percent of U.S. farm workers are estimated to be undocumented, totaling about 500,000 people")

What are the jobs Americans won't do?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Here we go again. I have some questions for you.

Would you cross over the invisible line to provide for your family?

Would you wait days, weeks, years to get a permit to work on the other side of the invisible line?

Why are you so territorial?

Me myself would cross over without permission to provide for mine.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

You don't get it because you are conditioned "not" to get it.
Immigration is "good" when the "Elite" benefit and becomes "bad" when it no longer serves their purpose.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Seriously, I don't care if they "need" the jobs, if they want them they should come here legally. They are putting a strain on us and pissing off a lot of people. Since when is it okay to break the law? Is it okay for them to come work here just because they need the money, despite whatever laws they have broken? Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I think we should crack-down on illegal immigration, mainly because it is ILLEGAL, hence the name. I don't understand how anyone can defend illegal immigrants when they are effectively refusing to respect you, me, and our country by breaking the laws we all live by. Ridiculous.

Ever cheat on taxes? Jay-walk? Park illegally? Trespass? Lie on a resume?

As you say...ILLEGAL....and breaking the laws we all live by (your quote).

We all do what we have to in order to survive. Period.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Here we go again. I have some questions for you.

Would you cross over the invisible line to provide for your family?

Would you wait days, weeks, years to get a permit to work on the other side of the invisible line?

Why are you so territorial?

Me myself would cross over without permission to provide for mine.

May I respond with a resounding, "Hell Ya!". I'll add that I will be more comfortable with someone willing to work than one who seeks government handouts.

Here we go again. I have some questions for you. Would you cross over the invisible line to provide for your family? Would you wait days, weeks, years to get a permit to work on the other side of the invisible line? Why are you so territorial? Me myself would cross over without permission to provide for mine.

edit on 7/9/2011 by FrenchOsage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrenchOsage

Sir, please post your credentials,

Im not applying for a job on ATS if ATS servers are in the USA.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Wait.......I love Americans. You steel the land of the Indian's (and kill them) and write things like "give us your tired hungry and poor" To make yourself feel better. Now they are illegal lol. Nice.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HelloJCneedsomehelp

No one who is alive today stole any land.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Exactly!

Why is it so hard for most people to understand that simple point?

Also, the OP may have a few videos stating the opposite view, but I work in an industry that is flooded with both Mexican and American applicants for the jobs I am able to provide. Americans usually pass them over because the work is hard and monotonous. So in my opinion the OP is more political than truthful.

Mexicans work hard for whatever wage they can get because they want to feed their families and provide something better. Most "white Americans" I run across are arrogant and think that their job is more of a social thermometer than a way to pay the bills.

Sorry OP pedal your politics somewhere else!

Oh, that makes it OK then, huh. So it's cool if people take our land as long as we can say 100's of years later than none of them are still alive? Genius!

edit on 9-7-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Are you sure about that? what about the land the earth provided for free they ripped off? So you buy the land and you will never own it. they stole the land right out from under you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join