It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange cage at Dugway Proving Grounds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thought I would put this out there. Was looking at Google maps and started looking at Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah. This is suppose to be the new Area 51. So I was browsing around and came across this strange circular tall cage. Maybe for testing biological contagion on a Giraffe? Seems a little strange. Have a look and tell me what you guys think it could be and what for.
Strange Cage

edit on 7/9/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It looks to me like they are framing a new construction. Is that a crane inside bottom left? Just a thought. Interesting.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
They do a lot of work with explosives out there.

So my best guess is pressure sensors for testing new types of explosives.

I have no evidence, this is just my first thought after looking at the image.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Weird find!

To me it does look like a cage but it might possibly the beginning construction of a silo, tower of some sorts?

Or even better a zombie collusium!

=)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Dugway Proving Grounds, there are nuclear tests being done here
It's a place with a very small population

There is alot of information here:
www.project-112shad-fdn.com...

Also better images of the cage here:
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...
edit on 9-7-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It kind of reminds me of Mad-Max- Thunder-dome hehe.
Even the topography around it looks odd.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Boy does that look like a crop circle when you zoom out it.
Interesting, nonetheless.
edit on 9-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Could be something as simple as the base for a water tank. Somewhere there is a photo of a WW2 German installation that is very similar. Maybe it was an antennae a German equivalent to the Bletchley park radio interception station? You could probably Google to find out about the rings, those are even stranger.
edit on 9-7-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
God dammit
What a place man, what a horrible horrible place

Dugway encompasses more than 800,000 acres of Utah's west desert, where more than 2,000 people call home. It is a government-owned facility used by the U.S. Army Reserves and the U.S. National Guard for maneuver training. It is also a U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command center where tests are occasionally run on defenses against biological and chemical weaponry.

www.ksl.com...

The Dugway sheep incident, also known as the Skull Valley sheep kill, was a 1968 sheep kill that has been connected to United States Army chemical and biological warfare programs at Dugway Proving Ground in Utah. Six thousand sheep were killed on ranches near the base, and the popular explanation blamed Army testing of chemical weapons for the incident, though alternative explanations have been offered. A report, commissioned by Air Force Press Officer Jesse Stay first made public in 1998 was called the "first documented admission" from the Army that a nerve agent killed the sheep at Skull Valley.

en.wikipedia.org...

Dugway is also where the U.S. Government has been testing weaponized Anthrax as recently as 1998

wonkette.com...

Man I would not like to be one of the 2k people who live there
If I were them I would leave ASAP

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It's the concentric circles around it that strike me as odd. Would love to hear from somebody with experience at other testing grounds.

I don't think it's construction. Here are the coordinates for Google Earth.

40 11' 58.19 N 113 10' 37.23 W

It has a neat feature where you can time progress the photograph

1993's picture is a slightly different angle but you can still see the basic outline.
2003 looks much the same as 2006 (the picture used for Google Maps) only 2003 is slightly darker
2009 is much, much darker, like it was a nighttime photo, but you can still see the outline of the same basic features.

I wonder what it is used for. Interesting find.

Edit:
Thank you Bueller...Bueller...
From your post link, it certainly looks like it is an "Elephant Cage" radio antenna...
en.wikipedia.org...
Way to ruin a good creepy imagining.

Also, zoom out of the area slightly on Google Earth and there are about 3 or 4 other circular antenna arrays like that as well as a big square one. Interesting area

edit on 9-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: Last paragraph

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Thought I would put this out there. Was looking at Google maps and started looking at Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah. This is suppose to be the new Area 51. So I was browsing around and came across this strange circular tall cage. Maybe for testing biological contagion on a Giraffe? Seems a little strange. Have a look and tell me what you guys think it could be and what for.
Strange Cage

edit on 7/9/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

Bing it, homes.
Use their maps, usually, you get better detail from their maps.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I knew there was a conspiracy surrounding the UFC octagon, or maybe rampage likes to train in the middle of nowhere...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Didn't the Nazis make something similar for their wunderwaffe (wonderweapon) something to do with anti gravity. Looks very similar to that.

the henge (fly trap) die-glock
Similar nazi structure

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I don't think it is a cage. There doesn't seem to be any bars, except for one side. I don't know why they would need a cage that big anyway, but you never know. It reminds me of the structures used when launching rockets, although I doubt that is what they use it for. As someone mentioned, they could have been building something there when this picture was taken, and I wonder what it looks like now. I don't know when the picture was taken, or when/if they get updated, but it would be nice to know, and see the current structure.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Yes they (the Nazis)are rumoured to have launched their flying sucer from a similar but concrete structure.
The saucer was supposed to be designed by a dude named VicktorShauenburger...some whacked out theorist who worked with vortexes and water......

Could this be some kind of farraday cage for testing shielded comm gear?
Anti EMP device?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Look for picture of it here.
www.project-112shad-fdn.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Looks like an antenna of some sort, you generally see that radial road construction around the center with towers. Would be nice to see it in the late afternoon so the shadows would show more.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

It's an AN/FLR-9 "Elephant Cage antenna". Google research it and you will see from the images.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

Yep

The AN/FLR-9, operated by the Air Intelligence Agency, is part of the DOD World Wide High Frequency Direction Finding System. High-frequency radio communication signals travel to receivers over the horizon by bouncing off the ionosphere. The shell of ionised particles which surrounds the earth refracts the signals so that they return to earth rather than disappear out into space. The clarity of the signal received depends on atmospheric and topographical conditions. HF-DF stations detect radio signals from aircraft or ships, and calculate the direction, or line of bearing, of the radio transmitter from the direction finding antenna. When the same signal is received by two or more antennae, the intersection of the lines of bearing mark the transmitter's location, using either precision single station location (SSL) capability, or in a network of DF stations using both multi-station azimuth triangulation and SSL. High Frequency Acquisition (AQ) and Direction Finding (DF) operations are performed with the Narrowband System (NBS) and Wideband Direction Finding (WBDF) Subsystem in support of normal and degraded communications modes, using both adaptive reception and super-resolution direction finding techniques.

Source

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join