It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members in Florida

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I know EnronOutrunHomerun is from Tallahassee, FL and right in the crosshairs of Hurricane Bonnie with Charley right behind.

You heading for cover today?

Double whammy. Yikes!

Any other members from Florida who can give us some first hand reports? (without compromising your safety of course!)

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm in Tampa Bay...
Seems we're going to get the smackdown put on us....

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Bonnie is history....made landfall 90 minutes ago and is trucking on up into GA at 30 MPH rapidly losing strength.

Charlie is a different animal. I am watching that one closely. Expected to make landfall(sometime tomorrow afternoon near Tampa.)

Still too far away, though, to be sure where its actually going to go.

I'm in JAX, myself.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
All is quiet on the....panhandle front - hehe

Yesterday was pretty vicious - but looking out the office window I can see the winds are picking up and some clouds are starting to form - FSU is on alert and may shut down if things get too bad, but nothing happening just yet.

I always enjoy a good storm

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Any other members from Florida who can give us some first hand reports? (without compromising your safety of course!)

Bah...i wanna see some guy ear wearing a "The Truth Is Out There" tshirt, in a beat up pickup truck driving into the hurricane at full speed screaming "Im gonna getcha!!"...then the camera starts getting fuzzy....then gets dropped to the floor as the truck loses control. The old man falls to the ground with the camera in his face. In the last seconds of tape he gets out..."Tell Simon I loved him and ATS"....then the camera cuts out.

Full of action...love...and death. #1 in the box office.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
near tallahassee florida here . Storm no bigge some rain no wind at this point .Relax just a summer shower to us . As for the other well the keys will suffer im sure but up here in the north again no bigge. unless you live right on the beach then well then you have problems.
Tell you what though a catgory 3 4 or 5 im hedding into the hills then .
anthing below a catgory 2 low 1 as long as your inland even half a mile your fairly safe .except for moble homes of corse.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Bah...i wanna see some guy ear wearing a "The Truth Is Out There" tshirt, in a beat up pickup truck driving into the hurricane at full speed screaming "Im gonna getcha!!"...then the camera starts getting fuzzy....then gets dropped to the floor as the truck loses control. The old man falls to the ground with the camera in his face. In the last seconds of tape he gets out..."Tell Simon I loved him and ATS"....then the camera cuts out.

Full of action...love...and death. #1 in the box office.

That's a vivid image, hehe...
I can put on an alien head shirt and take some pics but that's as far as I'm going, hehe....

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Simcity4Rushour
...Relax just a summer shower to us...

How true?! lol
We get hurricane rains about 5 days a week, hehe - I hate those people who put on their flashers and go 5 mph....I kick it into 4 wheel drive and cruise on thru it

I've been in the Panama City, Mexico Beach area during a hurricane...that kinda weather is no joke....a bunch of idiots always stay at their beach cottage and rough it out, and I've seen a lot of big stable-looking cottages that were gone the next day - in fact, I think the evacuation route leads everyone right into Tally....

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am on the east side, so it looks like im gonna be spared from the worst of Charlie, my granparents are right in the forecasted track so I am going to make sure they get far far away from the Tampa Bay area, for those who dont know that entire area is extremly vulnerable to storm surge especially when a storm tracks the way Charlie is suppose to.

Bonnie is over, a weak tropical storm and all thats left is a little wind and a lot of rain that is being pulled northeast, one of those storms that are kinda fun to ride it out near the ocean and watch the surf brought in by it. We are under a tornado watch from Bonnie, which is typical of landfalling sytems. Bonnie wasnt much of a storm.

Charlie has stregthen to 105 mph and forecasted to continue to strengthen so it is going to cause significant damage when it hits Florida. Time to get ready, Charlie should be here tommorow night.

[edit on 12-8-2004 by jrod]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
jrod...where on the east coast are you?...I'm up in JAX and I have an unsettling feeling about this one. I don't think Charlie will weaken that much, as he is moving pretty quickly.

I'm going to go ahead and buy some plywood today, just in case Charlie ramps to Cat 3 or 4.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I live near Daytona Bch and its overcast here now. I am no longer worried about Bonnie , it's Charley that has me freaked out!! He looks alot like andrew did 9 or is it just me) . Charley is a beautiful storm and those are usually the most dangerous!!!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!! charlie is a cat 3 at 105 mile per hour winds right now!!!!!It's 190 miles south of Havana, tracking to the NNE!!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am in Cocoa Beach and aint going anywhere. No need to worry about storm surge here because it is making landfall on the west side, but I am ready from some bad weather. We got some bad weather now from Bonnie and currently have a severe thunderstorm warning.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Official info here in Tampa Bay, at least Pinellas County (where I live). Mandatory evac in levels A, B, and C at 6pm tonight. Some of my friends live near the water, and they have to scoot....already had some phone calls from them.

Wish I could go to the store early to get some last minute stuff (meat and charcoal, hehe..), but here for another few hours yet...

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm in Naples! woohoo!

When you guys hear about the UFO being sighted during the storm that will be me on my surf board. My Hurricane survival kit goes as fallowing :

1. Surf board
2. Beer, 18 case of cans because bottles hurt more in 105 mph wind gusts.
3. band aids (waterproof) in case i eat it on my board.

Two fingers up and my head held high! Look out Charley here comes Xay!

[edit on 12-8-2004 by Xayden]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xayden
2. Beer, 18 case of cans because bottles hurt more in 105 mph wind gusts.

That's hilarious man

I always knew cans were better than bottles for some odd reason - you've put it into perspective for me now...

Weather Channel says Charley is a cat 2 DragonFly5 - anybody know a better source for hurricane updates? I figured WC was the best...

[edit on 8/12/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
NOAA weather is the best. i think its NOAA.com

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Stocking up on beer is a must
The stores will be closed when the storm gets near so you gotta grab the essentials.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
www.noaa.gov...

Close....
That's the best, as the rest of the guys get it from THEM!!! Skip the middle man!

Should add, the advisory for the county is that it expected to be cat 3 upon landfall in the bay area... That's something to worry about...

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
LMFAO at the surfboard and beer quote
However i think a bottle of whiskey is what we need for this..

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Plus if my house blows away with me in it I wont feel a thing when hit the ground in OZ.

Though I hope my house lands on Steve Erwin instead of the wicked witch.

On a more serious not, I hope you guys are safe. I dont think I'll beable to post tonight but i'll Try. It would be cool to have a post "LIVE" From Hurricane Charley.

[edit on 12-8-2004 by Xayden]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join