It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian forces 'ordered to shoot to kill'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Syrian forces 'ordered to shoot to kill'

english.aljazeera.net

Syrian security forces have reportedly killed more than 1,400 people and detained 10,000 others since March

The soldiers also reported participating in and witnessing the shooting and wounding of dozens of protesters, and the arbitrary arrests and detentions of hundreds of civilians.

All the interviewees told HRW that their superiors had told them that they were fighting infiltrators, salafists, and terrorists, but were surprised to encounter unarmed protesters instead. They said they were ordered to fire on the civilians, including children, in a number of instances.

The defectors al
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/7/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Syrian security forces have killed more than 1,400 people and detained 10,000 others since March, according to Syrian rights groups.

This is an interesting article with accounts from many individuals working for the government, here is a statement made by a Syrian army sniper:

Sniper - Izraa
A conscript trained as a sniper was deployed in Izraa, a town near Deraa, on April 25, three days after security forces had shot 28 protesters over two days, told HRW:

"I was in Squad 14 of the 4th Regiment. We were around 300 soldiers deployed to Izraa. I had heard so much about foreign armed groups that I was eager to fight them.

"But then [we received] the following orders: 'Don’t shoot at the armed civilians (Syrian secret police). They are with us. Shoot at the people whom they shoot at'.

"We were all shocked after hearing his words, as we had imagined that the people were killed by foreign armed groups, not by the security forces. We realised that our orders were to shoot at our own people."

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Sorry but this is old news.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I remember that the US and NATO enacted a no-fly zone and humanitarian air strikes after only 220 Libyans had been killed including security forces (e.g police).

This will only give credence to those who believe the US and the West is trying to control oil resources.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
You know you're on ATS when things like this get ignored while almost every flotilla thread gets 3 pages easily.
I wonder when (if this will even get any attention) will someone blame the western media with twisting reality eventhough this is AJ.

Yay for looking at all sides of the conflict. Lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well, at least that butkisser on the tank with the flag is playing his cards right.

What the Syrian army don't realize it they are falling into a trap.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

If you really feel bad for these Syrians and you really are dissaponited that more people don't comment on this then why don't you actually discuss the OP story instead of trying to defend Israel in a thread which has nothing to do with Israel.

new topics

top topics

join