It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You A Post Petroleum Human

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Are you a Post Petroleum Human?...I am.
About 8 months ago I watched the 83 min. documentary with Micheal C. Ruppert called, COLLAPSE.
This film changed my life and the way I view the WORLD and BEYOND.
For some time a friend of mine has been "AWAKE" and trying to wake me up...but with no success. After viewing the COLLAPSE documentary my outlook on life has changed entirely. I am no longer a consumer of goods and services. I don't shop at WAL-MART any more. I have tried to extinguish the racism that I inherited from my family. I have started to study history and what is going on in politics. None of which I had ever cared about in my whole life.
So hopefully my first thread here on ATS will be discussed at great length. I leave you with a recent clip from Micheal Ruppert. Maybe it will help others on their way to becoming...POST PETROLEUM HUMANS!

edit on 7/9/2011 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title.

edit on 9-7-2011 by SNAKE13X because: I'm a noob

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US?!

Thank you for fixing the CAPS.
edit on 9-7-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Obviously the poster has something to do with the movie. I have seen at least 3 post endorsing it.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I'm not yelling I'm just new to internet etiquette...sorry...this is my first computer I got as a hand me down 6 months ago...peace

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I just like to use caps because I feel it is easier to read for those who have bad eye sight...peace

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Swells I wouldn't find it far fetch when the Saudis and the Iranians decided to go to war with one another. After all when the are killing each other oil prices will skyrocket.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
But the government doesn't want me to be a post-petroleum being.

Now how am I going to spend all this money, and what will I be able to do with clean air anyway?
Plus think of how easy it is to make solar panels and wind turbines--WHERE"S THE CHALLENGE!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Even if you are affiliated with the doc, you had me at "I don't shop at wal-mart anymore"

ANYTHING that enlightens people not to shop at that waste trap is worth watching.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I'm not affiliated with anyone. I'm just getting the real news out there...PEACE
edit on 9-7-2011 by SNAKE13X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What does it mean it be 'post petroleum', for you?

How do you reconcile that with using a computer?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I'm just starting to evolve...PEACE TO YOU

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Pass along thanks to the friend that woke you up.

I bet you'll be spending some late nights cruising the net; its a huge topic--
So, with that bridge, here's a couple links that may be of interest:

Its a big old auto industry using dated technology--

www.brasschecktv.com...

Hemp Car Hemp Clothes Hemp Building:

www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com...

Did you know about the real healing qualities of ingesting the oil of the hemp plant?
Apparently its an ancient Chinese (secret - ha)
Check out the Rick Simpson story.. after learning of its miraculous healing qualities, he was able to help many people - may have saved many lives, reportedly.
Heals damn near everything, if the testimonials from all the people cured of their ills, including cancer, are right.
Mr. Simpson never charged for his services, putting himself at much risk. And, he was extradited in the last 2 years.

Now he's giving lectures across Europe. Go figure.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am a post petroleum human. My story is similar to yours OP. I watched his video tying 9/11 in with peak oil and the coming financial crisis which he predicted in 2005 and everything finally made sense to me. Now we just have to educate more people on this website about peak oil. The majority of people here either think that OPEC is screwing us or that speculators are bidding up prices.

Snake13x you should check out this website theoildrum.com. It's a great source for peak oil info and news. They also discuss other energy related topics, it is a very enlightening read.
edit on 9-7-2011 by epsilon69 because: added oil drum info

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAKE13X

I'm not as quite as a post oil human being as you are. I don't grow my own food, nor do I avoid walmart. I do go to walmart from time to time, not but because I'm against walmart but because it really out of my way due to the fact that I don't own a car. HEB is easier to go to simply because the bus that goes to my neighborhood goes to a particular HEB.
I don't own a car and depend mainly on my bicycle and public transit to get around. I can get from San Antonio to Austin with out riding my bicycle or driving. Put a public transit system anywhere, and I'll figure it out and use it. Every morning, during the dead of night, I ride my bicycle from my house to work, a 90 minute ride.

I have several ideas to get off of the grid, from buying the Freight Harbor solar panels and wiring the lights to the solar panels to growing my own food. But due to the fact that I don't own my own house, I cannot do anything at all except tweak my bicycle to be used more and more, that's the furthest I got away from oil.

top topics

join