It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"A GIANT asteroid heading towards Earth will just miss us in November"-NASA..Could be..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
By way of comparison, the asteroid that exploded over Siberia in 1908 was only 50 meters across, This one is 400 meters. The blast was equivalent to 800 Hiroshima atom bombs and completely wiped out a half a million acres . This one is probably more likely to hit the moon . It is coming uncomfortably close to our moon and I have no idea what that would do to the Earth , if anything.
edit on 9-7-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

wrong was not comet/asteroid

"On the evening of 30 June 1908, Tesla"

was Tesla.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

i was told i would not reach 41 years old
i do hope they are wrong as my birthday
is 12th november

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I would be more concerned about the asteroids that are not available through the JPL data. If an asteroid were on a direct collision course with Earth, we would only know about it if an amateur astronomer were to spot it and calculate it's trajectory. NASA would never provide the data on an asteroid that would hit us or the moon directly.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

Yes, they are allowed to print lies like that and anything else. Heard of the Weekly World News and "Batboy". Or George Washington has been proven an alien?

Dont believe YouTube or Wiki-whatever that says soembody says this about what soembody says about that...too many somebodies.

But you knew this right?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
How is this not top of the news!

www.focus-fen.net...

NASA resumes observation of massive asteroid, which will fly by the Earth
06 November 2011 | 08:20 | FOCUS News Agency
Home / World
Washington. NASA will resume the observation of a massive asteroid. The expert will keep eye on the asteroid four hours a day until Tuesday, when it will fly by the Earth. NASA is convinced that the asteroid will not hit our planet but will just pass close to it, The Echo of Moscow reported.
The US aeronautics and space administration is willing to collect as much information about the structure of the object as possible.
The scientists have estimated the possible effect which a clash with an asteroid of this size could cause to the Earth and namely – a 7-magnitude earthquake and a 20-meter tsunami, leaving a 6-kilometer crater.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
i'd love to know what the president and all the world leaders are up to over the next week. i just had a look at the white house presidential schedule and surprise surprise, no public schedule ALL week. now what about the rest of the yellow bellied limeys, where are all of them?
edit on 7-11-2011 by ladyteeny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

I just read some of the other threads and saw the world leaders are all off in Hawaii which everyone agrees is a good place to be if a meteor strikes.

My belief is we wouldn't be warned outright if something like this was likely to occur due to the panic it would cause, and that the PTB would simply put everything in place to sweep up the mess. Looks like this may be happening...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join