It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mountainous View Near Ballet Crater on the Moon- Swarming with UFOs???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Has anybody explained these strange flying or hanging orbs or ufo's in this spectacular view near the Ballet Crater?

It would seem that if these were really taken on the moon, then it proves one thing. The moon is swarrming with aliens!

If not then the "rumor" that moon landings wasn't true and that they didnt happen at all cause those hanging orbs could just be throb lights to lit up the studio...

this was during the Apollo 17 LVA.

Photos courtesy by google-moon.
edit on 9-7-2011 by alphaMegas because: typo

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaMegas

This is the same as transformers!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They look like glares to me. Sorry. I mean they really do.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
They are cool photos but the way the objects seem to all align with the light source strongly suggests that they are merely lens elements visible due to lens flare.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Or lights hanging down from a studio ceiling.

Either way i've never seen these pictures before.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XioFusion

i think you've just seen tansformers 3 the dark side but this photos where taken in the 70's when transformers didnt even exist in any hollywood flicks.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

okey. myself am asking whats these things are. And so if they are glares, where and what is the source?
I dont think those astros who were there brought with them a huge gen set that can lit up the whole mesa.
edit on 9-7-2011 by alphaMegas because: typo

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

if those were lights hanging from a studio ceiling, which i stated also in my opening post, then a very staggering implications follows with it mate.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
They resemble some of the objects seen in Gulf Breeze FL.
MHO.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5
They look like glares to me. Sorry. I mean they really do.
Yes, they are called lens flares.

It's the same effect as seen in this photo (look at the lower right for the flares):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d19aab4accf3.jpg[/atsimg]

And here's an explanation of how they occur:

toothwalker.org...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0dbc704fdd79.png[/atsimg]

There is also a slanting ray of sunlight that impinges upon the front element when a lens hood is absent. A small part of the light is reflected from the rear surface of this element (red arrow). A fr.

Originally posted by alphaMegas
okey. myself am asking waction of this light is reflected again from the front surface, directed to the film (dashed red line). This is flarehats these things are. And so if they are glares, where and what is the source?
They are reflections of the sun that bounced around inside the elements of the lens. You can see multiple reflections from the multiple lens element surfaces.
edit on 9-7-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by countdooku

i honestly wont discount the lens flare and i'm hoping that somehow someone with the expertise to come up with a real analysis stumble into this thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The Cameras of Apollo.

Hope this helps!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

that was my first impression too.
in fact that rouse my curiousity so i posted this...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i]reply to post by Arbitrageur

now it seems more likely that you're the guy Mr. Arbit and i did read your link .

The effect is most obvious in dark areas of the image.

but what i noticed is that those "Flares"were right on the foreground of the the light source and it looks like they emit their own concentrated light emissions.

quite contrary to what your link describes.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It's not contrary at all. Do you deny that if these same images appeared in a dark area of the photo they would be more obvious?

That's not intended to imply that they can't occur anywhere in the image, just that they are easier to see in the darker areas. This statement is especially relevant if the light source is something not as bright as the sun.

However the sun is extremely bright, and therefore the sun reflections are often bright enough to be seen anywhere in the image, even in the lighter parts.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Perhaps they're reflections of the studio lights off the horizon screens Kubrick had fabricated for the moon "landings".

www.scribd.com...

No doubt I'm gona get loads of flack from the shot in Arizona or the Sierra Madre crowds but I say in my deffence I'm not a hardcore Studioista.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas
reply to post by countdooku

i honestly wont discount the lens flare and i'm hoping that somehow someone with the expertise to come up with a real analysis stumble into this thread.

Right! Not lens flares. They are reflections of the interior lights of the LEM onto the port through which the images were taken.. That is why there are dark rounded edges to some images, the results of low light levels in the interior of the craft versus the harsh light of the Sun outside.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I just wanna point out, if there really was something unexplainable in these photos, you wouldn't have copies of them.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I guess the problems with the photographs of the lunar missions and whether or not they prove/disprove whether we went there will always be disputed. But, anyone with any amount of brain matter can visit a museum or science center that has one of the lunar landing crafts on display and see that it would be impossible for a fully equipped astronaut with backpack to fit through the door of the craft. That is why the landing cameras never captured even one of our heroes coming out of the door of the craft.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join