It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Will Be No Galactic Alignment in 2012

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
If I use my ATS science degree then I can confirm that on the 21st of 2012 the planets will align, aliens will enter through a black hole and then proceed to eat our pizza.

If the above is incorrect(and i'm not usually wrong about these things) nothing will happen.

It is not about if anything will happen it is about if the Sun Earth and Galactic Centre will align.
Thing is Astronomy has yet to measure and locate where the Galactic Centre Black Hole is exactly

But yes nothing much will happen just the odd pizza theft by little grey men.
edit on 11-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo cos i am an imbecile

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
As usual Phage gives us a wonderful insight on an interesting topic. Thank you for this!!

I have always been a fan of your inquiries.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Couple of points, the alignment in recent years has been at the point of winter solstice, given that precession gives a one degree shift of the ecliptic plane every 72 years or so, it can be said to have been around this mark for some time, and has thus been in the vicinity of optimum visual alignment with the winter solstice point for 20 years or so.

Whilst it is hard to differentiate what would be the the most perfect alignment over this recent period, there are of course other variables such as the relative positions of the planets at solstice alignments.

Pluto as Morning Star is very cool but you'd need a good telescope...

Whether any of this was taken into account by the Maya when determining the start and end periodic of their cycle is of course debatable, it certainly didn't begin with a solstice alignment as it began in August, nor would the previous age/sub-divisions have ended at solstice alignments.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Kantzveldt because: add image

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

The Sun rises against a background constellation every 2000 and odd years this backgrond changes
Completing a full cycle every 25,000 and odd years

Thus Ancient Egyptian Astronomy has fixed constellations which they call Zep Tepi or the First Time these are
Aquarius (East) in opposition to Leo (West) and Taurus (North) in opposition to Scorpio (South)
When the Sun returns to rise against Aquarius in opposition to Leo then the circle is once more completed.

Also The Sun rises and falls as it orbits the heavens like a Sine Wave - so sometimes it will cross the Galactic Centre above below or upon it

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

It's highly disputed there is any given date for the Egyptian Zep Tepi, or that Leo rising due East circa 10,500 was considered by them etc

What does interest me more are events around the world, including the rise of Dynastic Egypt around the start of the Mayan long count, i made a list once of important cultural developments circa 3,200 Bc around the globe, it was quite a long one.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

You could also do the same for 100 years before that and 200 years before that and the same for a century after and so forth. Compare the 3114BC time period with other periods to see if there is anything special there.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Yes a lot is down to archaeologists rounding off/approximating dates, it's quite funny though to see how many wondrous things apparantly happened around the world in the year 3,200 Bc...on paper our best year ever.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by artistpoet

It's highly disputed there is any given date for the Egyptian Zep Tepi, or that Leo rising due East circa 10,500 was considered by them etc

What does interest me more are events around the world, including the rise of Dynastic Egypt around the start of the Mayan long count, i made a list once of important cultural developments circa 3,200 Bc around the globe, it was quite a long one.

Yes it is highly disputed regarding a date for Zep Tepi - Though it does refer to the precessional cycle of the Sun
Note I gave no such date only what Zep Tepi referred to IE a cycle as I explained
Even our modern times fail to exactly pinpoint when the age of Pisces ends and Aquarius begins depending on how the night sky is divided.

All dates regarding Ancient Egypt are highly disputed.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Phage normally I agree with your posts; however I just finished watching a documentary on the history channel about 2012, and they had a scientist on there from NASA stating that this alignment WILL happen on December 21st, and it only happens every 26,000 years. He went on to say how no scientific evidence goes on to prove anything bad will happen, which is sound advice, but he also does say that this has never happened before in the written history of man, so we have no way of knowing positively what will happen.

What do you make of his statements? Are you arguing with NASA?
edit on 25-4-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
"But....but, if you tell them the TRUTH I won't be able to sell them my new book or DVD or sell tickets to a lecture on why we are doomed!" " My profit will suffer!". "Damn, now I gotta think of a new gimmick"

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

He's actually correct. This specific "alignment" will only occur once every 26,000 years. However precession moves at a rate of one degree every 72 years. So unless the center of the galaxy only covers 1/72 of a degree of the sky then we will be "aligned" with it in some way for multiple years on the December 21 date. In truth the closest we came to a true alignment for this date was back in 1998. Since then we have moving closer to having the alignment occur on December 22.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
"But....but, if you tell them the TRUTH I won't be able to sell them my new book or DVD or sell tickets to a lecture on why we are doomed!" " My profit will suffer!". "Damn, now I gotta think of a new gimmick"

The scam artist has never learned one simple lesson: no matter how technologically sophisticated, no matter how they always fail of their own over-extended dead weight. Unlike in previous ages, the scammer cannot simply pick up shop and move from one swamp to another…seeking new, naive meat.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

You have to be careful about what is actually said on the "History" Channel. What scientist? What specifically did he say?

There will be no "alignment" with the center of the Galaxy this year or any other year. The (approximately) 26,000 year cycle of precession does not change that. As I said in the OP, the only thing that precession does is cause the date of the closest approach of the Sun to the Galactic center (there is no "alignment") to occur on a different date. The closest approach of the Sun to the Galactic center happens every year. This year it will happen on December 18. In 1000 years it will happen in January. So what?

edit on 4/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
Phage normally I agree with your posts; however I just finished watching a documentary on the history channel about 2012, and they had a scientist on there from NASA stating that this alignment WILL happen on December 21st, and it only happens every 26,000 years. He went on to say how no scientific evidence goes on to prove anything bad will happen, which is sound advice, but he also does say that this has never happened before in the written history of man, so we have no way of knowing positively what will happen.

edit on 25-4-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

I saw this show as best as possible through tears of laughter. NASA is a big, big enterprise and yes, I would argue "with NASA" as parts of NASA are made up of idiots and morons. Scientific Is and Ms. Parts of NASA are highly intelligent. Well, not any part Jim Oberg is associated.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I am not going to discredit your work like you did to mine

However although you have cleverly written it in your own worlds so everyone likes you.....

I wonder if David Morrison from NASA would like you copying his work....

Shame on you trying to discredit this you have proven yourself that you work as a puppet for the puppet masters you might as well get off this site

shame on you!!!!!!
edit on 19-5-2012 by Somethingintheclouds because: (no reason given)

SMR

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Things that need to be cleared up here before this turns into a REALLY big mess ...

First off the show is called 2012: Countdown to Armageddon on NatGeo
Watch the entire video HERE

Second. The gentlemans name is John Major Jenkins and he is an independent researcher. He never worked for NASA. You can watch his segment at the above video at the 26:00min mark.

Another thing is NASA has NEVER subscribed to this "galactic alignment" theory. So to those who say dont trust NASA when they talk about it ... bet if you knew they did not agree with the idea, you would not have said such.
Scroll to Galactic Guessing Games at this link HERE

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Yes a lot is down to archaeologists rounding off/approximating dates, it's quite funny though to see how many wondrous things apparantly happened around the world in the year 3,200 Bc...on paper our best year ever.

The same is true of 3500BC, 3400BC, 3300BC, ....

Our best year ever? I don't think so. Our best years ever get better and better. Diseases are cured. We went to space. Agriculture improves. New materials improve life. Machines to make better and cheaper clothing. Lots of things get better each year.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

HAHAHAHAHA... hahahahahaha.. hahahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahaha.. aaaahhh there of my chest.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join