It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Will Be No Galactic Alignment in 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
21/12/2012 11:11 (d/m/y m:h) represents an exact physical alignment between our Solar System and the Galactic Equator imo. Something that only happens around every ~32M years.
edit on 10-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

the human body has at least 8 radioactive elements to it,, when they change we change- news.stanford.edu...

scientists are saying human evolution has gone into the fast lane in the last 5000 years- news.bbc.co.uk...

if everything is energy, imagine if we evolved to be able to interact with it on the next level!! at the min we use between 8-10% of our brain.. scientists call 97% of our dna 'junk dna' cos they don't know what its for.. we have 64 proteins in our make up and only 20 of them are switched on!! all that potential!!

for us to evolve we have to be taken out of our comfort zone!

the way the 'elites' are acting, the seed banks, hoarding money/gold etc.. the solar powered submarine people want built by 2012.. the fact that the MOD are releasing their ufo files with the last of them coming out 2012.. and rik clays observations regarding the 2012 olympics... the fact that the "new age" begins then, and each time this has happened the 'elite' bloodlines have bought in a new religion for the sheeple.. 2012 sounds like a very interesting time.. the mayans spoke of the time of no time, a period of 20 years before 2012, the same sort of time ufo sightings started shooting up,, we're definitely building up to something,, regardless of an alignment or not! but i think its down to us to create our future!!

look at the world we've created so far when we've allowed oursleves to be manipulated by man made religion!!

imagine the world we could create if we put faith belief and all that Energy into oursleves and expanded our comfort zones! in turn putting that confidence and understanding into helping others!!

have a read of this- wecreatethelove.ning.com...

and bear this in mind- "I think that by 2012 you will have people that are enlightened (open, honest, caring, loving, united to the divine) and those that still seek humanity's lower natures (suffering, misery, hate, separation from the divine) but at least the scale may be tipping more toward enlightened."-
Hermes Trismegistus
edit on 10/7/11 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I don't think the "2012 alignment" is as big of a buzz as it was a couple years ago. the new rage is planetary alignments. typical topic looks like this: "on such and such date, planetA will align with planetC, and they will align with the sun and elenin/nibiru= earthquake." thanks to terral a good number of folks are running with this "magnetic/gravitaional trough' BS. and the worst part is on those dates the little sleuths manage to find some meaningless EQ to verify thier dumb theory.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

This is and has been for centuries a common thing with people that are seriously into astrology. Planets, houses and positions etc. Is it your opinion that this is becoming more mainstream in the world today?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Not to get off topic but....

What if what we perceive are aliens, are actually mutated or "ascended" humans that began at the time of the Galactic Conjunction?

With the new chapter in human evolution we changed physically and mentally. We had increased intelligence and were able to perceive the universe in a wholly different way. Technology would advance and deep space travel or time travel were now possible. So all the theories about aliens helping the ancient civilizations were actually evolved humans going back to help past cultures develop.

The abductions that happen now are our futureselves making sure that we are progressing as we should and that we will be at the correct stage of development at the time of the Galactic Conjunction. The aliens can't explain why they are testing on the abductees because the present can't know too much about the future.

Its 3:25am where I am and I'm at working trying to stay awake, so forgive me if I've went sideways on this topic.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bauldrick
reply to post by Phage

No disrepect phage but the Maya new about the centre of the universe the hunab ku ,also the 144 million yr cycle of our solar system round the milky way...

it's spelled "knew"

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

no they didn't they hid there culture from the catholics who where a bunch of murderers and thieves who twisted there religion to entice the mayan to there religion, if you study the maya you would know this common knowledge amongst the maya, and also check catholosism in central american and see how they twisted it just like when they came to the uk christmas is not jesus's birthday it is a pagan celebration of the winter solstice you do not know your history and have only looked at one source as I said earlier they do not need an outsider to tell them about there culture go online and ask a mayan elder

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

thanks for making me laugh everyone makes typo's you know and I never claimed to be perfect can't I make the odd spellin mistake it was late you know

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

exactly dude.. people say we're meant to be going into a 4d world,, i wonder what humans will look like from this perspective- www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I think the Mayan's were off by 100 years, and it will actually happen in 2112.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Has anybody here studied the writings of Jose Arguelles' 'The Mayan Factor 'and 'Earth Ascending'?
No?
I thought not.

Maybe Bauldrick has?
He's the maybe only one here who seems to have a semblance of understanding of the Mayan philosophy, (spelling aside
)

It's simply no use applying a square headed scientific logic to this Mayan phenomenon in order to understand what the 2012 end of calendar event is all about.
The majority of modern 'civilized' humans can't wrap their brains around the concept of astrology, primitive tribal belief systems, nor any other ancient philosophies concerning the cosmos; so how does anyone expect to understand what the meaning of '2012' is really about?

Arguelles' theories are very profound and one almost has to enter a new realm of thinking in order to even attempt to understand them. You cannot expect to even get close to understanding the Mayan mind unless you put aside the 'rational' mind of empirical science and enter another dimension of thought...(until you come to an understanding that these two are actually in harmony!)

You have to have an Open Mind in order to understand the Open Cosmos. If not, the earth may as well be flat, and animals would not have feelings or consciousness. I'll catch up later if anyone has any thoughts on this.

It's late. I must go to sleep.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Nobody can KNOW that nothing's going to happen on 21 Dec 2012. You might be right, but you don't know for a fact.

Just because an event happens every year, it doesn't mean it can't be used as a marker for a significant event.

eg. If your brother told you he'd be coming home on Thursday at 2pm, by your logic, the fact that other 2pm's exist on the days leading up to Thursday means that he can't possibly be coming home at 2pm on Thursday.

Think about this, but planned over thousands of years. Much doubt would be cast upon the reality of the upcoming event. Information would be heavily distorted by time like an international game of Chinese whispers.
I've heard 2012 best described as "The return of the men of wisdom". This could mean actually physical beings, or the return of wisdom to the collective human psyche that was taken from us a few thousand years ago.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I wish I lived where you did, cause to me, things are changing faster and faster, getting worse and worse.. Now does this tie into 2012? Who knows, but it is obvious that "something" big is coming. And since we really do not know squat about the universe or our very distant past, its kind of ignorant to make a conclusion. Can you see into the future? I am not saying you are not a very smart guy, I am sure you are, but you annoy me with most of your posts. The fact is we do not know, the fact is, something is coming, whatever it is. All the myths and legends, which so many debunk, seem more and more relevant and believable given what we are experiencing today. Time will tell.

Deebo

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMaxZombie
Phage sucks and i want to punch his avatar...... steady flurry of strikes to your fat gut. you're almost tapped out with your silly info and responses anyway...... c'mon! Phat Phage vs. Mad Max Zombie??? who has Dana White's cell

haha I laughed so a star for you. That was quite rude though. For all you know phage is a fitness freak with chiseled 8 pack... I dunno, but i would like to see some ATS octagon. All the UFC fighters are now equal, and it sucks.
Rule No 1 of ATSfight club: Everybody MUST talk about fight club
Rule No 2 of ATSfight club: Everyone else must talk about fight club.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
i will seriously set up an ATS/MMA league...why not?! the galactic alignment isn't happening so i have nothin' else to live for...might as well kick some ass and put n-bombs to sleep!...i can actually set it up so the first fight card will take place on 12/21/12 on ancient Mayan grounds...we can fight under the Milky Way and watch/feel nothing happen...(it's all good, i'm taking a vacation day anyway)...no, but seriously, has anybody ever had regional ATS "parties" here in the U.S.A.??

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

...not even a little one?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bauldrick

You are falling into the trap of the essentialist Mayanists that believe the Mayans never had a collapse at the end of the Classic Period. Since you have failed to provide me a source I can only assume that you have been reading Arguelles, as he's the one that started this whole Hunab Ku nonsense. The first "Mayan elder" to speak up about the 2012 phenomenon was Hunbatz Men, when Jenkins made a trip down there in 1985. However, Hunbatz Men was from the Yucatan, a place where there was no tzolkin tradition. Instead, after reading Arguelles' book he adopted his calendar.

Next we come to Don Alejandro. In 1998 Lungold met this man. Lungold happened to have a copy of Jenkins' Cosmogenesis 2012 with him, which he had portions of translated to Don Alejandro. Two years later Don Alejandro's "prophecies" started parroting what Jenkins had written. This then lead to people co-opting other people's work in interviews, then writers taking the information from these interviews and attributing it someone else, and the cycle keeps repeating. In truth, what these "elders" are claiming is ancient belief is actually the work of people like Jenkins and Arguelles. And in fact most of the elders that are quoted come from the Guatemalan Highlands. This was the area most infiltrated by Christian beliefs, not to mention there is no evidence they ever even had a Long Count.

If you want this in a clearer way I suggest you read Johan Normark's blog. He is an actual Mayan archaeologist who has spent time with the indigenous people of South America and knows how ideas changed and spread from the Classic Period to the Post-Colonial Period. He also knows that different areas of the Mayan empire had different beliefs, which most 2012-ers will not tell you. Luckily he has taken time out of his busy schedule to dispel many of the claims people make about the Mayans and 2012. I suggest starting with this article, and be sure to read Stanley Guenter's comment as well.

2012: The Maya elders and 13 baktun
edit on 10-7-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join