It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Will Be No Galactic Alignment in 2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

So....
It happens every year. There is nothing special about it. You're probably right that those who insist it is of import will not be swayed but maybe, just maybe, those (like you?) who are not quite so convinced will think twice when offered the reality of some of the claims.

I actually don't post much about 2012 in particular. I think this is the first time in a long while. It just so happens that I happened to catch a rerun of that idiotic "History" Channel show about it and I decided to take a closer look using the tools at my disposal.

If everything were to be "let alone", what would we talk about?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I also hear the date isn't exactly the dreaded 2012 date either. I remember reading one date could be sometime this Oct. The point being, from now until, oh I dunno, 2013, what's doin' with Galactic Alignments? The sun is already acting up, The strange case of solar flares and radioactive elements

When researchers found an unusual linkage between solar flares and the inner life of radioactive elements on Earth, it touched off a scientific detective investigation that could end up protecting the lives of space-walking astronauts and maybe rewriting some of the assumptions of physics.

So what's our solar system doing right now and what is it planning on doing?

edit on 10-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That is good to know. Now the next time I hear a 4 year old in the grocery store asking his dad if it was 2012 and if the world was ending yet... I can assure him everything is going to be OK.

I still cannot believe I overheard that conversation go down in the middle of a busy shopping center.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The Sun "acts up" every 11 years or so. The proposed connection between solar activity and the decay rates of some radioisotopes is far from being generally accepted but I have no idea what that has to do with an "alignment" which occurs every year.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So u have a program and an opinion.
You click with your mouse and pretend to understand the cosmos.
thanks for this thread.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePowerThatIs

Do you have something to contribute? Some criticism of what I show?
It is astronomy after all, the thing that the galactic alignment part of the 2012 story is all about.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just wanted to jump on and say thank you for addressing my questions.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Im not claiming to know if 2012's alignment (or lack thereof ) is any different than years past i just think its funny you base your conclusion off of a computer program.
edit on 10-7-2011 by ThePowerThatIs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Do you have any information to share that can prove this program is or has been unreliable in the past or present? just wondering, thanks.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

How do you suppose those who first started talking about the alignment found out about it? There is nothing in the Mayan calendar which says anything about it. Someone used a computer program to see what the sky looks like on 12/21/12 (when the calendar "ends") and said, "Aha! That's it!". Failing to look at 12/21/00, or 12/21/1980, or doing so and failing to mention what they found.

edit on 7/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

What Galactic Center? Does this refer to the center of the Milky Way? I'm not being argumentitive or anything, but if it doesn't refer to the center of the Milky Way, I don't see how it can be called a Galactic Center. I was under the impression that space extends (presumably) infinitely in all directions. If that's true then a true Galactic Center could never be found.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Let me get this straight. Are you claiming that every year the galaxy goes thru the same exact alignment? Nothing ever changes? Just the same thing every year for eternity?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

No. It changes. But not so you would notice over a few thousand years. Certainly not enough to make a difference from 2000 to 2012. There is nothing special about the sky in 2012.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

No. It changes. But not so you would notice over a few thousand years. Certainly not enough to make a difference from 2000 to 2012. There is nothing special about the sky in 2012.

More opinion.
whats your source for this wiki?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Do you have anything to contribute?
Would you care to provide evidence to refute it? I'm perfectly willing to consider it.

edit on 7/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

As far as my knowledge is, Yes, the Milky Way Galaxy's center.Yes this is true that the Universe goes in all directions infinitely, however the rotation of the Milky Way Galaxy causes it to form a disk. The black hole in the center of the Milky Way Galaxy is the referenced conjuncture set for 12/21/12, not the center of the Universe.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Answer questions with questions do u.
im goin too bed
u think about makin more convincing threads.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

ok...thanks for the clarification.

I'm sure the Earth will be many light-yrs away from the black hole that is the center of the Milky Way, but could this conjunction intensify the gravitational pull of Earth during an "alignment" of the Earth, Sun, black hole and what ever other planets happen to be squared up in this conjunction as well?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

From what I have found there is little chance of a gravitational effect from this black hole. The effect on earth is referred to more like a "Burp" of energy that will alter the vibrational frequency of Earth and everything on it. From what I understand it is more like gamma radiation than that of uranium or plutonium. It is supposed to like I said raise the vibrational frequency possibly allowing use to see and exist in the 5th and 6th dimensions.

Edit to say: Sorry I missed a question.

Jupiter and Saturn will be in a formation known as a YOD or the finger of God
edit on 10-7-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I THINK THEY WOULD HAVE NOTICED IF IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR AND BESIDES THEY ARE PREDICTING AN END OF TIME OR A NEW BEGINNING NOT A ''GALACTIC ALIGNMENT'' HOW ABSURD
THERE IS GOING TO BE A POLE SHIFT DUE TO X PASSAGE AND SOLAR FLARES LIKE A MUG AND THEN A GLOBAL FREEZE ...THE END

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join