It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It thundered for about 15 minutes none stop and there were no planes or a cloud in site!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Not sure where to post this so I'll start here.

I was mixing some songs on the PC when all of a sudden the house starts to shake. I thought nothing of it because I was certain it was just a low flying plane. So, I continue on what I'm doing, the house keeps on shaking, this goes on for a few minutes before I get up to check it out.

I go outside, look in the sky, I see no planes or clouds in site. It sounds like a clap of thunder, with a hollow effect to it, almost like I were hearing it in a tunnel. It also has just the faintest sound of what I describe as a high pitch noise, like some sort of frequency...I dunno.

This continued for around 15 minutes until it just abruptly stops. I'm SO confused right now as to what I just witnessed and heard. I've never experienced anything like this in all my 33 years. I wish I had a video recorder or something to validate this.

Anyway, I thought it was so out of the norm that I'd post what happened. Whatever it was, has got my head reeling.

Anyone got a simple explanation for this?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Are you anywhere near the East Coast of Canada? If you are, I think we are hearing and seeing the same thing.

edit on 9-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
maybe it elenin...

only joking.. it could be this mysterious hum/rumbling sound that often gets reported.. if you do a search you will find many threads here about it..

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Not sure where to post this so I'll start here.

I was mixing some songs on the PC when all of a sudden the house starts to shake. I thought nothing of it because I was certain it was just a low flying plane. So, I continue on what I'm doing, the house keeps on shaking, this goes on for a few minutes before I get up to check it out.

I go outside, look in the sky, I see no planes or clouds in site. It sounds like a clap of thunder, with a hollow effect to it, almost like I were hearing it in a tunnel. It also has just the faintest sound of what I describe as a high pitch noise, like some sort of frequency...I dunno.

This continued for around 15 minutes until it just abruptly stops. I'm SO confused right now as to what I just witnessed and heard. I've never experienced anything like this in all my 33 years. I wish I had a video recorder or something to validate this.

Anyway, I thought it was so out of the norm that I'd post what happened. Whatever it was, has got my head reeling.

Anyone got a simple explanation for this?

was it like these 2 vids?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

if so, this has been happening more and more around the US...we need more people to post their own recordings like this.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I recommend you do an ATS search - as there have been numerous reports and threads about an unidentified booming sound in various places and times. I recommend you post your general location information so that you can compare with others in your general area. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

similar stories on two diff threads
edit on 9-7-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes almost identical to this! Except it had a high pitch frequency to it as well. Thank you!

I live in Central Mississippi if that helps.

For those who are saying to search other threads, I did, thank you, but I felt this deserved a new thread for mine was different than the others.

Don't rip this post apart, just help me get an idea of what it could have been.

Thanks again!

P.S. this started around 12:10 pm (CST) and went on until 12:26 pm (CST)
edit on 9-7-2011 by chrismicha77 because: For times

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

there are several theories and an official explanation...rolling thunder...however i have no clue what it is really but i don't like it.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
God was bowling up in heaven.

He doesn't spend all of his time to just Godly stuff you know.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

there are several theories and an official explanation...rolling thunder...however i have no clue what it is really but i don't like it.

No storms even remotely close to this area. I've heard that explaination before and it would explain some of these experiences.

God is a golfer...come on now!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

thunder? really?...isn't thunder caused by lightning expanding the immediate air around it as it completes the electrical circuit from earth to cloud? how could this steady noise possibly go on for 15 to 25 minutes? just asking...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You mentioned this as thunder in your opening statement.
If that is what you heard then here in Indiana we had the
same thing about 2 weeks ago. No clouds or rain, just
an occasional lightening strike and loud roaring thunder.
I was thinking you may not have seen the lightening -
could there have been thunder over your house or close by?

Other than that I have no clue as to what people are
hearing in various locations, interesting - perhaps
someone can shed more light on the cause.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

thunder? really?...isn't thunder caused by lightning expanding the immediate air around it as it completes the electrical circuit from earth to cloud? how could this steady noise possibly go on for 15 to 25 minutes? just asking...

oh i dont believe the official story either dont assume i do

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
www.wctv.tv...
official explanation of these events

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

NO lightning in the area, no clouds in the area, no thunderstorms in this state as a matter of fact.

I only said thunder because that is was it sounded like and felt like. I mean the house was shaking the whole time and I have nothing else to compare it to.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The simple answer is here.

There is severe weather east of you in Alabama.

If the thunder clouds are high enough the sound of thunder will travel a very long distance.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamJustanAmerican

The simple answer is here.

There is severe weather east of you in Alabama.

If the thunder clouds are high enough the sound of thunder will travel a very long distance.

NO sorry I don't buy it at all!

Alabama has a few showers and thunder showers to the southeast of the state. Nothing severe or big enought to cause this to happen for over 15 minutes sorry.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't think this is ducting, I live several thousand miles away and heard the rumbling today too! For the 3rd time this year! And sure enough, first thing I did is look on ATS to see if anyone else heard anything. BINGO...... crazy!

It sounds something like an aircraft, at first I thought it might be one of those hovering jets like an F35, but I live hundreds of miles away from any base.... I dunno, if it's ducting then there is something seriously wrong with the atmospheric layers, it's not normal.

edit on 9-7-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Another thing.... I believe anyone living in a major city would never notice these sounds. I live out in the middle of nowhere where it's easy to pick out certain sounds etc... These rumbling noises are unusual for sure.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
reply to post by crazydaisy

NO lightning in the area, no clouds in the area, no thunderstorms in this state as a matter of fact.

I only said thunder because that is was it sounded like and felt like. I mean the house was shaking the whole time and I have nothing else to compare it to.

thunder can travel quite far.

just because the sky is clear near you, doesnt mean there isnt a storm past the horizon.

not saying i'm positive. just saying its a reasonable conclusion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join