It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden temperature change?..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I was just sitting casually indoors in my boxers.
Was still pretty hot and stuffy.
Within the space of about 10 seconds I had to put on tracksuit bottoms and t-shirt and its still quite chilly..

Anyone else notice a sudden and quite drastic dip in temperature?
My friend in Cornwall just noticed the same thing.
I live in the south east of England.

Seems stupid of me posting this thread I know..
But there honestly was quite a dramatic and sudden change in temperature.

Anyone else felt it?

Edit to add: The sun didn't go behind any clouds and stayed just as bright.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
In Manchester nothing strange here, one thing I have noticed about the weather recently is that when it's sunny, it's not how sunlight felt if you know what I mean... Nowadays it feels more like you're being baked in an oven.

Might sound strange but even my brother agrees the heat is weird nowadays.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yeah it was very hot the last few days, it does feel like your being baked actually. But today its raining and its rather chilly as well. Our weather here in atlantic canada has been so messed up lately. We had something like 45 days of rain or something. last month and the month before.

Its unusual, we never usually have so much rain. And weird temp spikes.
edit on 9/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I have been noticing some pretty unpredictable weather recently.
Unpredictable even for the UK..

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
reply to post by AzureSky

I have been noticing some pretty unpredictable weather recently.
Unpredictable even for the UK..

I hear ya, Its been happening here too. Its been happening everywhere. the western part of the US had that heatwave, i think texas is still somewhere in the 90s.

This is just the beginning of summer for us really, and its already hit 31 degrees. I suspect that we'll be seeing 35 - 40 more often this year than previous. I could be wrong, and i dont like the uber heat

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Oh yeah, i almost forgot.
About a month ago we had the most active lightning storm i have ever seen in this area, it was incredibly intense and everyone noticed that the storm was very weird for the area as well.

Usually its maybe, one or two bolts every minute. This one was every 2 - 5 seconds. It was crazy, i enjoyed it

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I would enjoy a temperature drop here in South Carolina. It's been extremely hot and humid for months already and July and August are usually even hotter. It's like the gulf stream has stopped and we're stuck in the same weather patterns for months at a time with no strong cold fronts. I would feel a strong urge to move to Canada without air conditioning.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
i live in georgia. it's be crazy hot here. not like off the charts for the world...but like late may and early june felt like late july, early august. we broke our last record of x amount of days of 90 degree+...went on for a couple weeks. the humidity is awful (even for georgia). and like others have said...i've noticed (and so have others) that the sun feels very hot lately. let the sunlight touch your skin and it feels like you're cooking.

and erratic weather??? yup. crazy. look at the radar for the entire country and see nothing near the south...3 hours later...the radar is showing a storm cell the size of 5 states. it's crazy.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The rain has been one of the oddest things recently. It usually doesn't rain that much at this time of year. And there are the strange storms all over the place.

The weather is definitely being affected in some way from usual.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Speaking of rain. I live in the Northern part of British Columbia in Canada. We've had a crazy amount of rain here over the last three weeks. It's not been non stop, but when it comes, it comes with a vengeance.

A week and a half ago, Highway 97 was washed out near the pine pass. For those of you who don't live in this area, that's basically the most direct route to the lower mainland. The other route takes a good 10 hours longer. So it's a bit of a big deal. Trucks have been hauling fill to plug the hole for like a week now. Here's a picture of the damage.

www.flickr.com...

Other highways are also being washed out as well. My sister called and told me of another one which could inconvenience my vacationing parents.

Where I live we only have about two or three ways to get to the rest of Canada, and two of them have been taken out. Thankfully one of them was only minor and was cleared pretty quick.

Last year was unseasonably dry. This year the pendulum has swung the other way.

Oh and check out that flickr album, it's got some other good ones of the road.
edit on 9-7-2011 by Vaykun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I know how you feel my friend.

Sitting here in front of my laptop in SoCal USA on the Gold Coast and we had some strange weather here.

A high pressure system stayed over the area for two days and it felt like being in a sauna and then about 6 PM local yesterday it just went away.

The UV rays emanating from the sun are much stronger now than when we were all lads.

I worked virtually outside all my life and never had a issue.

Now if I spend time outside in direct sunlight I feel like I have been exposed to arc welding,which puts off extremely high UV.

Particularly if the skies are clear.

All I can say is hang in there mate(slight boxer shorts joke).

We are all in this period of earth change together.

edit on 10-7-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

top topics

join