It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: 9/11 Was Caused By Government Banning Guns on Planes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
This guy is a crack pot.

Allowing people guns on planes?

OP are you serious?

Regards, Skellon.

Absolutely!

People that are properly licensed and trained should be carrying their guns all the time. I do. The police can't be everywhere all the time. 9/11 would not have happened if people were allowed guns on planes. Even if the terrorists had AK-47's, a few people with concealed guns mixed among the passengers could have neutralized the terrorists.

Think of all the recent tragedies in the US since 9/11. Office shootings, mall shootings, school shootings, every single one of them would have had a smaller death toll if the public was armed. Virginia Tech would have been a non-issue. Instead of having a professor using his body as a shield and becoming bullet-ridden while students escaped, instead he could have reached in the desk and returned fire while the students escaped.

There is no need for shooting sprees! If the public were well-armed, the shooting sprees would only last a moment or two until the good guys ended the threat!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Also, TSA has not made flying a single bit safer. Not one iota. It has given the public the illusion of safety and helped the economy and destroyed our rights of privacy.

The current security parameters are easily bypassed. I heard just yesterday of a new explosive that does not show up in the screening devices or swabs. I know of several chemical concoctions that could disable or even crash an airplane and still fit in several 2 oz bottles. There are many, many ways to get to the secure areas of an airport without going through security. Plus, hijacking a plane is so 1980's.
The real way to terrorize a population is the DC Sniper way. It isn't as dramatic, but 1 guy with a handful of random bullets was able to lockdown several states! He had people scared to pump gas, kids staying home from school, and police scratching their heads. He had a huge economic impact across a wide area, and he was 1 man, with very little risk of getting caught.

Imagine if the 12 hijackers of 9/11 were smart enough to take the DC Sniper approach and terrorize large swaths of population without ever getting caught! They could still be operating. They could shut down a town, or shut down a corporation, or shut down a lifestyle, with very little expense, effort, or risk.

That is a large part of the reason that I think 9/11 was an inside job. They had no way of knowing that the towers would miraculously fall down, or that the government would use the Patriot Acts to seize our rights, so the plan was a lot of risk, with little chance of success, for a small amount of reward. Terrorists are much smarter than that. Guerrilla warfare is all about maximizing resources for maximum impact. They would have chosen more effective means to impact the Western Lifestyle.

Ron Paul is right. 9/11 was an inside job. An armed populace is a safer populace. And if terrorists ever do decide to bankrupt our country and have us living in fear, they will do it more effectively and more quietly. Unless of course those terrorists already work for our government.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Armed pilots and locked cockpit doors could have prevented the entire thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

reply to post by Skellon

Some people are so agenda ridden on this site it's not even funny...people just come on here to go "durr ron paul's a crackpot" and then some other will say "I agree"...it's so common in most ron paul threads it's sickening...most of these people don't even watch the video's or interpret what was meant properly, they just come to bash and provide no real input or actual debate on the subject...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Dr Paul is correct. An armed society is a polite society.

Have you noticed that the states with the tightest gun restrictions also have the highest crime rate, the most corrupt police and the most repressive laws. Connection? I would think so.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You know, I agree with Ron Paul on some things, but this is one of his totally nutjob moments. I'm not even sure Ron Paul is being serious. He may be an elaborate troll. I mean, guns on planes... lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join