It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update! Holder bragged about Operation Gunrunner in 2009

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by TDawgRex

Please forgive the pun, but this is the "smoking gun" that'll end his carreer.

Turns out that Obama says he and his hand-picked Attorney-thug-General Holder didn't know about "Gunrunner."

In his first public comments addressing Project Gunrunner ... President Barack Obama conceded that "a serious mistake" may have been made.

During an interview with a reporter from Univision that aired Tuesday night, Obama said he was "absolutely not" informed about the ATF program.
"I did not authorize it; Eric Holder, the attorney general, did not authorize it. ... ," Obama said.

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

This was in March, begore Holder faced Congress; and before the acting ATF Director met with members of Congress in a secret, closed session to explain what was really going in at DoJ.

Not knowing, or not caring, what would eventually unfold, Obama immediately assumed a see-no-evil facade for the beholden MSM and the American public.

Obama said that he would hold someone responsible if, indeed, a mistake was made.

"We have to make sure that we're enforcing the kinds of measures that will stop the flow of guns and cash down south that is helping to fuel these transnational drug cartels," he said.

"There may be a situation here in which a serious mistake was made," he said. "If that's the case, then we'll find out and we''ll hold someone accountable."

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

As it turns out, "Gunrunner," and its Arizona arm "Fast and Furious" received $10,000,000 of Obama's "stimulus" funding. Less than a week after Ubama's categorical (and categorically false) denial,
Politico reported that the funding came from Obama himself!

Buried in Barack Obama's failed trillion-dollar stimulus program was a $10 million bloody border racket that has now cost American lives. This goes far beyond the usual waste, fraud and abuse underwritten by progressive profligacy. It's bloodstained government malfeasance overseen by anti-gun ideologues -- and now anti-gun ideologue Attorney General Eric Holder will "investigate."

www.realclearpolitics.com...

That was just for starters.

Obama has since asked for even more funding to arm the cartels, drive-up anti-gun sentiment, and kill American agents and innocent citizens.

Despite warnings from the DOJ inspector general that tracking and assessment measures needed improvement, the payroll exploded from a few dozen to more than 200 by 2009. Under the Obama administration, ATF reaped another $21.9 million to expand Project Gunrunner (nearly half from the stimulus boondoggle), and the White House has requested almost $12 million more in fiscal year 2011 appropriations for the program.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

How far will this go?
When was the last time you saw mention of the problem on the still-adoring and ever-addled MSM?
Unless Congressional stalwarts push, and push hard, this will be swept aside as a non-event.

jw

edit on 9-7-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Because of the secrecy involved and the nature of the ongoing operation and investigations Holder had to alter his story....

Yeah, something like that will work.

Holder has nothing to fear.... As long as Obama is in office.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by EssenceOfSilence
He needs to be arrested then water boarded until he gives us his boss. If lying about taking steroids gets you prosecuted, this is the least we should do.

We need a - gate - term for this scandal.
Fast and Furiousgate is too long.
----------
Eric Holder and Obama --- what did they know and when did they know it ?

Poblano Gate. ---or maybe---(Pobamo Gate)
or
Habanero Gate ---or maybe ---(Holdernaro Gate)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Rule of law doesn't apply here. Law is an interesting concept to banty about...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

What I find amazing is that CBS reported this first, quite awhile ago. Doesn’t that go against their grain?

TDawgRex, I have seen CBS do this many times before. They are one media source that seems to occasionally go against the grain and actually come out with some news that is relevant, regardless of what the government might think about it. Although we can't trust anyone in the mainstream, CBS sometimes surprises.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The worst part about this is that nothing will happen about this they will string up some lackey that was only involved in it and that will be that (if that even happens). Nobody in power ever gets charged when SHTF its the guy right down below that was just following orders (not that they shouldn't be charged too). I personally would like anyone involved bottom to top tried publicly for this and made example of.

Funny thing to is the UN is pissed again at Texas for executing another Mexican-national but they don't say a word about the US selling guns to not just the Mexican but the rest of the world as well. Not that I want the UN poking their noses around our business but please these guns we sold have killed way more Mexicans than the one we have convicted and put to death. Just shows government logic at it's finest.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

As it turns out, "Gunrunner," and its Arizona arm "Fast and Furious" received $10,000,000 of Obama's "stimulus" funding. Less than a week after Ubama's categorical (and categorically false) denial, Politico reported that the funding came from Obama himself!

Aside from the fact the whole operation was a farce from the onset, I would like to know what those millions have paid for thus far? I mean, if you're just gonna purposely let guns be purchased to be carried over the border, what the hell do you need $10 million for? It doesn't seem to me anything else occurred except putting guns in the hands of criminals who wind up using them to kill people. That's pretty cut and dry. One doesn't really need much cash to pull that off. Sounds like the American taxpayers got screwed once again.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Geeze, you've got to be a pretty crappy liar to have forgotten what you've lied about.

I wonder what else he's been "forgetting" about lately?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
S&F - These are the threads that need to be listed on the ATS homepage.

I'm glad these independent investigations are digging up all this incriminating dirt.
I hope it makes a difference. I will continue to follow.

Thx for posting.
Bump

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The really intelligent bunch of you would have noticed that the gun violence spark(in Cali) was followed by the Mexican (swine) flu incident, drawing all the attention away from the gun runners in California.

Which holds various other implications.

Think, deny ignorance.

edit on 10-7-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
We all want JUSTICE. We all know, deep down inside, That nothing will happen. Smoke and mirrors if you will. take, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, former managing director of International Monetary Fund . Absolutely, nothing will become of it. Something, will make it "out of sight, Out of mind". Whats good for them defiantly isn't good for us.

If any of us here on ATS, were brought up on half of these charges, We wouldn't see the light of day. You and I both know it. It's a sorry, world we live in. As much as we all hate it. These people are untouchable. They, the Government, TPTB. Will create a false, for the scum to walk.

Like the Strauss-Kahn debacle.

Prosecutors may have to abandon the case against Strauss-Kahn after a potentially fatal blow to the alleged victim’s credibility. Last week prosecutors cast doubt on the credibility of the Guinean-born maid at the luxury Manhattan hotel who had accused Strauss-Kahn of sexually assaulting and attempting to rape her on May 14. The maid, said by the prosecutors to have lied in sworn testimony in the case, and giving false information on tax and asylum application forms, including about an alleged gang rape in Guinea.

Ex-IMF chief won’t plead guilty

They always find or make up something. Or the victim comes up missing. Their saying, it's okay to rape and force a BJ on this maid because of false information on tax and asylum paper work. Can someone, Than force Mr. Holder to service them for he lied? I think not. Makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
With all the lies and now this one that can be proven one has to think if no one in the government will do anything about Holder,then they are probably all complacent at the least or a part of it.

The corruption in the Obama adminitration has to the worse ever,everyday it seems to be something else and yet it just goes on and on with no repercussions.Although I do think a lot of it is not so much corruption as it is just real stupid people all of Obama's chooseing.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Holder is guilty of perjury.
He testified under oath in congress.
Who arrests the Attorney General? The FBI ???

Unfortunately we will probably never go near Holder, with more important things to focus on like Roger Clemens.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
With all the lies and now this one that can be proven one has to think if no one in the government will do anything about Holder,then they are probably all complacent at the least or a part of it.

The corruption in the Obama adminitration has to the worse ever,everyday it seems to be something else and yet it just goes on and on with no repercussions.Although I do think a lot of it is not so much corruption as it is just real stupid people all of Obama's chooseing.

I agree with you fully. It's almost over. We just cant, No matter what, Deal with another 4 years of this administration.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

I personally think it is just plain stupidity and inexperience in general. All of you give this bunch to much credit for thinking things through to the end results or the possibility of things going wrong - a think tank they are not. Put together their arrogance and political view points and you have an ingredient for disaster.

No one could make this stuff up for a fiction novel. Gunrunner is another example of the above.

Our country is presently being lead by idiots that do not know they are idiots. I do not have the answers myself but like most you I do have common sense and would have never authorized the Gunrunner project.

There are plenty of intelligent and willing patriots that know what is best for this country and would make the right decision in the interest of the American people, and not for the blood sucking illegal immigrants, not for the UN, not for the ass kissing lobbyist, not for the DOD, not for the elite - but for us - the American people.

God help us - I don't think we can survive another four years of this administration.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Those of you complaining about this and actually acting aghast and surprised ... get back to me when you are equally aghast about the WMD lies that got us into Iraq.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

WHo arrests the AG are the same people that arrest Bush and Cheney ... no one.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius

Those of you complaining about this and actually acting aghast and surprised ... get back to me when you are equally aghast about the WMD lies that got us into Iraq.

Old and stale argument. And off topic by a few years.

Actually, my unit did find Mustard agent. Approximately 50 155mm rounds. They were old (Probably from the Iran/Iraq war) and unmaintained so had lost much of their lethal capability, but still quite deadly to those nearby. There are many declassified reports of such finds.

I do not know of finds of newer stuff, since those are probably still classified. Wait 10 years and submit a FOIA request and we may learn more.

But remember, many at the UN and all within the coalition believed those erroneous Intel reports. An Intel report is not generated on a whim and a whole lot of analysis goes into it prior to release. We got burned on that one.

But this Project/Operation was not authorized by Congress or the world body at the UN. It was a blatant attempt to cause trouble to subvert and deny American citizens of their 2nd Amendment right.

This Admin is to narcissistic to realize that they have no common sense whatsoever. They think that they know better than the common citizen and continue to push restrictive regulations upon us for “our own good.”

edit on 10-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: Still need more coffee

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Don't forget the recent case where it was shown that the DOJ had a written policy to not pursue any votor rights cases that were brought forth by whites. When the DOJ refused to prosecute those black panthers who were swinging pipes around a polling place in what was clearly voter intimidation, the DOJ had statements that it was up to the individual investigator as to whether or not to pursue a case. A 25 year veteran of the civil rights division quit in protest indicating that he had received clear policy instruction right from the AGs office that cases brought forth from whites would not be pursued. What happened to that story? Who lost their job?

There are folks who just have too much information to prosecute and the only way they can be brought down is through the media and public outcry. The media won't honestly report when certain folks are involved and it must be because they are told not to in one way or another.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The petri dish that the USA has become is ripe for this type of infection. No truly guilty official will pay, because the average citizen and his representative in congress could care less. Some scapegoats will surely suffer however, because a LEO was killed with an ATF-ignored smuggled weapon and that apparently did draw someone's attention.

The mindless masses have not become enraged over any of the scandals that have somehow been brought to light by media in the last 40 years. The disclosures of the scandals (and you know who they are...political parties don't matter) were mostly by accident, and the hypnotized people shrugged and turned back to sex, drugs, sports, greed, "Dancing with the Stars" and idols.

Only when the masses get belly hungry for 3 consecutive days will they ever awaken. The critical 72-90 hrs till meltdown.
edit on 10-7-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join