It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update! Holder bragged about Operation Gunrunner in 2009

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It seems that he has been caught in a lie...finally. The ball is gaining steam.

washingtonexaminer

weaselzippers.us...

Snippet from the article:

A 2009 speech by Holder on the Department of Justice's own website that proves the attorney general was well aware of Operation Gunrunner back in 2009:

The problem with Holder’s feigned ignorance is that he gave a speech in Cuernavaca, Mexico, on April 2, 2009, in which he boasted about Operation 'Gunrunner” and told Mexican authorities of everything he was doing to insure its success.

When questioned by the media, Holder also denied knowing anything about Gunrunner:

"Holder's office at first vehemently denied ATF has ever knowingly allowed weapons to get into the hands of suspected gunrunners for Mexico's drug cartels," CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson reported.

Sorry about the link. For some reason every thing I have tried doesn't shrink it to something less.
edit on 9-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: Link problem.

edit on Sat Jul 9 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link, and added EX TAGS

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Holder is guilty of perjury.
He testified under oath in congress.
Who arrests the Attorney General? The FBI ???

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Something really big is going to have to happen to get all of this heat off the alphabet agencies and the administration.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
He needs to be arrested then water boarded until he gives us his boss. If lying about taking steroids gets you prosecuted, this is the least we should do.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenceOfSilence
He needs to be arrested then water boarded until he gives us his boss. If lying about taking steroids gets you prosecuted, this is the least we should do.

We need a - gate - term for this scandal.
Fast and Furiousgate is too long.
----------
Eric Holder and Obama --- what did they know and when did they know it ?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

----------

let me see if I can think of some:

boarder-gate

holder-gate

treason

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

----------

let me see if I can think of some:

boarder-gate

holder-gate

treason

i guess it would be border-gate - I still had water boarding on my mind

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The absolute corruption of the entire media establishment can be seen in the coverage of this story. This is a scandal at a level that could easily topple the AG and others in the administration. It is a story that is ripe for solid reporting and this should be a front line story that is getting hammered every night.

Instead we've got endless coverage of the Casey Anthony trial, all day reporting on the shuttle launch, the dancing around the debt ceiling and today, a day full of Betty Ford.

The only person I have seen who is giving it a priority is Sean Hannity who committed to hammer on it until it was resolved.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenceOfSilence

If we waterboard Eric Holder he will definitely tell us what did he know and when did he know it?
------------------
Maybe we should have the CIA do it for us?
-------------
The ATF guy is already testifying WITH his own attorney present.
We need a special prosecutor for this.
Ken Starr?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

What I find amazing is that CBS reported this first, quite awhile ago. Doesn’t that go against their grain?

But other news outlets have picked up on it now, even though it is not getting the attention it should. I’m waiting on the next celeb to OD or a disaster of some sort to help keep this buried and out of the limelight.

Also, it will not go away with a Congressional investigation looking into it.

I fear that those behind this blatant attempt to undermine our 2nd amendment will just walk though. It’ll be the Mid-Level guys that fry, not those at the top who ordered it.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Most major outlets covered it for a day or so and then dropped it like a stone. A more details come out, the quieter it gets. The media is simply not interested in pushing it and its not for the lack of interest were they do push it - it has all of the components that would generate interest, corruption, crime, guns, mobsters, all of it. They are not pushing it because they don't want to, period.

Media corruption is manifest. They trade access for integrity.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Nothing like the taxpayers paying to fund a Project designed to further erode their Second Amendment right to bear arms, eh?
Write a Letter to the Editor of your local newspaper to keep this topic alive. I did. Supply online links to articles/videos if those updates are being ignored by media.
(I just re-read this; I hope it does not come across "bossy"--I am only suggesting. Sometimes the written word can be misconstrued.)
Star for you, OP!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Holder never should of been confirmed as AG. Prior to his stint as AG the guy was a nut job with his views.

He refuses to enforce federal law with regards to immigration.
He supports a strike in Bin Laden while prosecuting CIA agents.

Holder needs to go, along with the rest of the people in this adminiatration and government who are bent on destroying the US from the inside.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Treason...and is not treason a "High Crime?" As in Impeachable offense?

Issa, Grassley, somebody needs a solid brass pair to bring this forward. A special prosecutor MUST be utilized.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It's not just any lie, it's obstruction of justice, contempt of Congress, perjury and treason.

He led a program that armed drug cartels, lied to Congress about it, but bragged to the Mexican government and an anti-gun symposium about how it worked and what it would "accomplish."

Of course, he left out the part about fueling his anti-2nd amendment agenda and pushing his (US only, it appears) gun control agenda.

It's greatest "accomplshments" thus far would have to include the rising anti-gun movement at DoJ, and the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry!

Holder may have started the ball rolling by lying to a CBS reporter.

"Holder's office at first vehemently denied ATF has ever knowingly allowed weapons to get into the hands of suspected gunrunners for Mexico's drug cartels," CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson reported.
/3esgqrv

He may have felt confident enough, when no other MSM wimps picked up the story, to carry the lie all the way to perjury.

On May 3, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder testified before House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa's committee that he only learned about the government's sale of weapons to Mexican drug cartels "in the last few weeks."

/3esgqrv

The truth cane out when Andrew Breitbart's "Big Government" reportage/blogspot dug up Holder's real involvement.

, the problem with Holder’s feigned ignorance is that he gave a speech in Cuernavaca, Mexico, on April 2, 2009, in which he boasted about Operation “Gunrunner” and told Mexican authorities of everything he was doing to insure its success.

Holder told the audience:

Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels. My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion.

biggovernment.com... plementation-in-2009/#more-294944

All of this might have been overlooked as "just politics" or a "slip of the tongue," but for the tragic fact that it cost an American agent his life, followed by Holder's orchestration of an extensive cover-up.

once the whole thing got crazy, and “Fast and Furious” left Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry dead, Holder and others in the Justice Department went from boasting about such projects to pressuring people like Acting ATF Director Melson to keep their mouths shut.

Melson is on record saying that “Justice Department officials sought to limit and control his communications with Congress.” Moreover, when he saw the storm clouds rising and attempted to reassign “every major official involved” in Operation “Fast and Furious,” Melson said “Justice Department officials directed him and other ATF officials to not communicate to Congress the reasoning behind the reassignments.”

As if the murder of an American agent wasn't enough, the weapons are now turning up at crime scenes on both sides of the border.

With 43 automatic weapons with serial numbers traced back to the ATF operation seized during a single traffic stop in Phoenix, and others showing up in crimes throughout Arizona, the ATF director now claims that Holder's department is obstructing the congressional investigation.

/3esgqrv

Are we now to believe that Holder acted without his mentor's knowldge? This could be the beginning of a grand revelation of Barack Obama's design to dismantle the United States and "transform" it into the great Utopia of the "Dreams of [his] Father."

Border-gate? Doesn't sound ominous enough, but we may have to settle for it.

jw
edit on 9-7-2011 by jdub297 because: tiny url

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Please forgive the pun, but this is the "smoking gun" that'll end his carreer.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Gotta love it when the arrogant slip up!! So many officials must be peeing themselves right now. I have wondered if the Libya fiasco was to draw attention away from the domestic issue of Gunrunner. The ball was just starting to roll when we joined in that NATO mission. In interviews at that time Obama and co. seemed a tad distracted! Man at this rate what a legacy Obama is leaving
Every decision Holder has made has dripped with his " I know better then the masses attitude". First the KSM trials being held in NYC to this Fast & Furious disaster. I wonder if Obama can actually distance himself from Holder? Or if Holder will try and bring down everyone else once he is in the hot seat?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

If we waterboard Eric Holder he will definitely tell us what did he know and when did he know it?
------------------
Maybe we should have the CIA do it for us?
-------------
The ATF guy is already testifying WITH his own attorney present.
We need a special prosecutor for this.
Ken Starr?

I think Ken has had his run at it with Clinton, and all he could get was half an impeachment. We need someone who will get us all the way. We have to have someone who can put the senate on notice to finish the job once it gets through the house. Maybe we need Chuck Norris?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda

Treason...and is not treason a "High Crime?" As in Impeachable offense?

Issa, Grassley, somebody needs a solid brass pair to bring this forward. A special prosecutor MUST be utilized.

In all seriousness we need one. If crimes like these can be overlooked by congress then we will definitely need a new congress if we can make it to the next elections. The first part of any oath of public office is to "defend the constitution". Congress will be derelict in their duties if they do not vigorously pursue this.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Gotta love it when the arrogant slip up!! So many officials must be peeing themselves right now. I have wondered if the Libya fiasco was to draw attention away from the domestic issue of Gunrunner. The ball was just starting to roll when we joined in that NATO mission. In interviews at that time Obama and co. seemed a tad distracted! Man at this rate what a legacy Obama is leaving
Every decision Holder has made has dripped with his " I know better then the masses attitude". First the KSM trials being held in NYC to this Fast & Furious disaster. I wonder if Obama can actually distance himself from Holder? Or if Holder will try and bring down everyone else once he is in the hot seat?

If Holder knows it goes above him he would be better off to go ahead and spill his guts before he finds himself in the ocean next to Usama or who ever that was they dumped at sea.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join