It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration to propose steps on gun safety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Administration to propose steps on gun safety

www.chron.com

Spokesman Jay Carney said that the new steps would be made public "in the near future." He didn't offer details, but people involved in talks at the Justice Department to craft the new measures said they expected to see something in the next several weeks. Whatever is proposed is not expected to involve legislation or take on major issues, like banning assault weapons, but could include executive action to strengthen the background check system or other steps.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The Brady Camp has been screaming for an assault weapons Ban since the 2011 Tucson shooting... of course they don't have a lot to work with there... The weapon used was reported to be a 9mm Glock 19 semi-automatic pistol with a 33-round magazine.

Not an M4/M16 clone or one of the many other types of military weapons but...

That's not stopping activists from pushing Obama. The group Mayors Against Illegal Guns, headed by Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, sent Obama a letter calling him to act.

"To prevent the next Tucson, we need a comprehensive background check system, which is what the president called for in April," said the director of the mayors' group, Mark Glaze. "That said, there are many steps the president can take on his own authority, without new laws, that could make a very real difference."

I guess for now it's a wait and see right???

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Step One:

Sell arms to drug cartels in South America, so we can "track" them coming back to the U.S., then show the public how dangerous these weapons are. Then enact legislation banning "assault rifles" and "automatic weapons", (be sure to keep it behind the scenes, under wraps
)

Never let the people find out they actually paid for this through the Stimulus Act of 2009, they'll go nuts and demand the entire Administration step down!

Step Two:

Total Police State.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Only prob with your plans one and two is....
Obama is in charge... he's no better at keeping things under wraps as Robert Downey Jr. was in hiding his addiction problems...

Plus he doesn't have the Balls to do anything that might upset the apple cart... AKA His status quo...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I love how the current administration is spinning this. You can tell they are getting close to panic mode, but trying to keep a calm face

Who exactly are the stakeholders?

I would argue that it is the American populace, who expanding “Right to carry” laws throughout the U.S.

We already have laws on the books, all we need to do is enforce them.

This from a recent WH press conference.

On June 27, CNSNews.com asked White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, “Could you tell me what is the exact date that the president learned about the Justice Department ATF operation to allow guns to flow into Mexico?”

Carney apparently had trouble understanding the question, saying, “I mean, I think I’ve answered this question a bunch about — about what he learned?”

CNSNews.com said, “What is the exact date that he learned about it?”

Carney apparently still did not understand. “The exact thing that he learned?”

CNSNews.com again clarified, “Exact date — date.”

Carney finally responded, “I’ll have to get back to you. I don’t have an exact date for you.”

If it were me asking the question, I would be yelling, "Clean the *snip* outta yer ears!"

top topics

join