It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psycho Cops Assault & Repeatedly Taser A Naked Man In Handcuffs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The title belongs to the poster of this video I'm linking to.

This needless violence towards citizens is causing quite a division between these animals and human beings.
There's a description below of this incident.

A Humphreys County man sustained cracked ribs and a punctured lung after he was stripped naked by deputies, beaten and shocked repeatedly with a Taser gun, according to a Wednesday court filing.

The Jan. 23 incident was recorded by video equipment fixed to the vehicle of a Humphreys County Sheriff deputy. Darren T. Ring, 34, of New Johnsonville is requesting to be released from jail, where he has been held in lieu of bond for more than five months..

The incident occurred after Humphreys County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of gunshots in Waverly. Ring was not arrested for firing the shots but was drunk when deputies arrived, reports show. In a grand jury indictment, Ring was charged with resisting arrest, three counts of assaulting an officer and a parole violation.

The dashcam video shows deputies repeatedly telling Ring to stop resisting arrest while he is laying facedown in the snow with at least two deputies on top of him. Deputy James McCord wrote in his incident report that Ring kicked him in the testicles, poked him in the eye and tried to grab a fellow deputy's firearm. "He (Ring) was extremely violent towards all the deputies trying to restrain him," the incident report states. "He was continuously kicking and spitting on the deputies."

On the video a half-naked Ring is held down and intermittently kicked and struck with a baton for approximately 10 minutes. Later, a Waverly Police Department officer responds to the scene as well. At that point, an incapcitated Ring is shocked repeatedly with a Taser while deputies instruct him to roll over on his stomach. In the video Ring says he can't roll over. His attorney, Public Defender Jake Lockert, said his client was unable to move because of repeated Taser shots.

"The defendant had committed no crime," the motion states, "was not advised that he was being arrested for any crime, and was not charged with any crime until after the officers had beaten him and had to charge the defendant in an attempt to justify or cover up their own criminal conduct of aggravated assault on the defendant." A spokeswoman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation confirmed it was forwarded the case for investigation.

Ring has also hired prominent Nashville attorney David Raybin for a possible civil suit. Raybin said his client may pursue civil action once the criminal charges against Ring are resolved. "I"m not going to speculate why the deputies acted this way," said Raybin, a former prosecutor and attorney for the Nashville Fraternal Order of Police. "Never in my 35 years have I seen anything like it, especially when you consider how long Mr. Ring was kicked, beaten with a baton and tasered."

In his motion, Lockert asked that Ring be released from Humphreys County jail where he has been held in lieu of bond since his January arrest. The motion requested "that all charges should be dropped because the defendant committed no crime and, even if he had committed some crime, he was punished so severely that jeopardy should attach and bar further prosecution." Ring has had previous arrests including a recent driving under influence charge.
A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office said further details could not be released because of the investigation. The officers in question have not been suspended, the spokeswoman said.

If the police officer has a personal dislike for you, watch out.
If you come across a police officer with a southern accent, you're going to jail, probably with bruises.
If you ask a police officer a question about your rights, you're going to jail.

More threads on this topic of naked tasering...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's just from page 1 of the ATS search page.

Enjoy all your free-dumb sheeple, it's only going to get better.

edit on 9-7-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Enjoy all your freedom sheeple, it's only going to get better.

I was on-board(and shocked) with the thread until I read

The incident occurred after Humphreys County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of gunshots in Waverly. Ring was not arrested for firing the shots but was drunk when deputies arrived, reports show. In a grand jury indictment, Ring was charged with resisting arrest, three counts of assaulting an officer and a parole violation.

Parole violation?

He was given freedom and pi$$ed all over it.

Sorry but chalk one up for the police.

This guy had it coming.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Damn, you managed to post before I could add a "Apathetic sick # says he had it coming in 3.. 2.. 1.." comment.

On topic: Those cops were out of control. How are you going to tase a guy half a dozen times and expect him to still be able to roll over? They need to ban tasers from police officers... they look at as the "fun and safe" way of shooting someone, often using it when it isn't necessary AT ALL.
edit on 7/9/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
In 10 years from now, more than 3/4 of the US population will have at least 1 arrest on their records, mark my words. I don't hold it against him for being drunk outdoors as long as he was on private property and not harming anyone around him.

It appears that at least one of these cops was Hell bent determined to tase this guy no matter how well he complied, you can hear it in his over excited voice. And he did continue asking him to roll over while the taser was discharging, an impossible action to comply to at the time. I see cop videos doing that all the time...

...and surprise surprise, a Georgia cop....

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

He didn't deserve that kind of sadistic beating and tazeing. That was completely uncalled for!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am so sick of seeing this kind of brutality and hearing the self-righteous talk about how these people deserve whatever the beast (police) have to dish out if they do not comply with the law...

wake up people... law breaker or not, eventually you will suffer at the hand of the beast..

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I don't get why they stripped him naked in the snow?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

He didn't deserve that kind of sadistic beating and tazeing. That was completely uncalled for!

I must admit that you are right.

They did go way overboard.

But I still find it hard to be sympathetic to someone who had been given a second chance and then blew it.

If everyone suddenly took on a policy of anarchy, the world would end up a pretty poor place to live.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It's not always easy to be "perfect" when given a so called second chance. Most of the time, people who get 2nd chances are people who are not exactly at their best.... and arrests don't help their situation, in fact it makes it 100X harder to turn your life around after making a mistake.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
In 10 years from now, more than 3/4 of the US population will have at least 1 arrest on their records, mark my words. I don't hold it against him for being drunk outdoors as long as he was on private property and not harming anyone around him.

It appears that at least one of these cops was Hell bent determined to tase this guy no matter how well he complied, you can hear it in his over excited voice. And he did continue asking him to roll over while the taser was discharging, an impossible action to comply to at the time. I see cop videos doing that all the time...

Bam (Emeril-style).

This is the heart of the matter, IMO. The exact phrase, "hell-bent determined to tase" is the whole problem.

Normal standards are not enforced because the standards for taser use are not normal.

Lots of police have these tasers all the time and never use them.

Without proper psychological screening, there is no need for a judge, jury, or court opinion.

Guilt is determined on the spot, punishment decided, and meted out immediately.

Conveniently, it services the sadists among law enforcement quite well. On the job gratification.

This really undermines the many, many good police who would think nothing of rushing into gunfire, a burning building, or a massive car accident to rescue you or your family or friends. Believe it. It is true.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oh my Days!!!!

This is becoming nearly a daily occurrence, is there no end to this sadistic brutality?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
That guy is lucky to be alive IMO-did you hear the sound of the baton repeatedly connect with his bones...
Just sickening.
I am not surprised the guy couldn't roll over after that level of sustained beating.

Those cops want locking up IMO.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

He was given freedom and pi$$ed all over it.

Freedom can never be given, nor allowed. Freedom is the natural state of all creatures great and small. The presumed fact that Ring is a parolee has no relevance to language such as "given freedom". In fact, since Darren Ring is on parole, if indeed this is fact, freedom has certainly not been "given" to him and he is very much in the system as a ward of the state.

Let's assume the media is correctly reporting that Ring is a parolee, and of course we have to assume this because all that has been reported is that he was charged with a parole violation, we still do not know what Ring is on parole for. Far too much assumption is made by you based solely on one ambiguous report of a charge of parole violation, which only underscores my point that freedom is certainly not given.

Even if this man Ring was a heinous criminal, and now on parole, this man has rights just as anyone else does. The state has no lawful, nor legal authority to assume otherwise, and those deputy Sheriff's took an oath of office of uphold the law and protect and defend the Constitution. The Constitution, beginning with the State of Tennessee Constitution, and then the Federal Constitution, are the Supreme Law of the Land, and both Constitutions expressly and unambiguously prohibit any denial or disparagement of rights.

"Stop resisting" has become the new code word for "to hell with your stinking rights you little pissant, I belong to a powerful gang and I will stomp all over you and there is nothing you can do about it." This code will remain honored and sacrosanct as long as people like you are cheering on criminality from LEO's while refusing to presume any innocence for the accused.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I believe the contact of the flesh with ground, and even worse, moisture, makes the shock much more intense.

I grabbed an electric fence by accident as a child and was unable to let go for many, many seconds, lol. Long enough to observe what happened when I jumped up and my bare feet left the damp ground. It broke the contact for a split second, but I was too paralyzed to operate my hand in that time and disconnect the wire. Finally got myself loose with the other hand.

So I speculate that naked flesh makes it worse.

Any survivors of tasing here want to comment for us?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reminds me of a song...called... If You're Ever in Oklahoma (you better move around the law)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
There's an update on this incident....

Completely out of control corruption.

new topics

top topics

join