It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Gun Laws Coming Soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

come on liberals, imposing more gun laws does NOT reduce or prevent crime. What happened to Rep Gifford is tragic, yes but any nutcase or criminal will find a way to get a gun no matter what laws we create, thats why they are criminals! All this will do is make it more diffucult for responsible, law-abiding citizens to get them.

DON'T TREAD ON ME

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ABWarrior58

"To prevent the next Tucson, we need a comprehensive background check system, which is what the president called for in April," said the director of the mayors' group, Mark Glaze. "That said, there are many steps the president can take on his own authority, without new laws, that could make a very real difference."

So here is what Liberals need to understand: You cannot "prevent" anything.

If someone want's to kill someone, they will. If someone wants to shoot someone, they will. If someone want's a gun, they'll get one regardless of howmany draconian laws you make. Your pathetic insecurity and desire to have someone hold your hand all through life is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
First off, if you have a problem with this don't alienate others in your introduction. It is somewhat like calling people dirty names and then saying lets have a rational discussion. First of all, many of us that you mislabel as liberals are just intelligent and look at all aspects of the world, in other words we are not drawn into emotional crap and then controlled as are many.

Now had you been more generic, you may have discovered that those whom you label "liberal" are multifaceted such as myself and others. I support the use of guns and the ownership of them as well. I have suggested to others to buy them as survival may depend on their use. I teach my wife how to use them, both handguns and rifle, yet I will never be drawn into the conservative brain dead camp, yet I am friends with many of these folks and love them dearly, poor souls. LOL

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I find this very ironic, for lack of a better term, being that the gov. just got caught GIVING guns to drug lords.!!!!

I do agree that we don't need anymore gun laws. It's just a pacifier law.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABWarrior58
www.usatoday.com...

come on liberals, imposing more gun laws does NOT reduce or prevent crime. What happened to Rep Gifford is tragic, yes but any nutcase or criminal will find a way to get a gun no matter what laws we create, thats why they are criminals! All this will do is make it more diffucult for responsible, law-abiding citizens to get them.

DON'T TREAD ON ME

I am a Liberal..and I am not for gun control...go figure

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
ok so i called out liberals, considering in general terms that is who supports gun control laws. If you're not liberal and still support gun control laws then youre just a person with some liberal views plain and simple

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

www.usatoday.com...

DON'T TREAD ON ME

I am a Liberal..and I am not for gun control...go figure

and I a m a conservative with some multifaceted views( hardly consider myself a:"poor brain dead soul") go figure...See the name calling goes both ways..
heavy Guncontrol advocates:"schumer; boxer;clinton, pelosi" 'nuff said...
edit on 9-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
wel llet us all remember lots of historical figures implemented strict gun control, ya know hitler, stalin, mao you know those guys were pretty good right?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

A lot of other European countries currently have strict gun control laws and their violent crime rates are substantially lower than the United States.

More guns does not make a society more safe, sorry.

That said, I could care less if you want to own a rocket launcher, just keep that thing away from me. People can barely drive correctly where I live, you think I want to trust them walking around like it's the wild west? Get real all you John Wayne wannabes.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo

A lot of other European countries currently have strict gun control laws and their violent crime rates are substantially lower than the United States.

More guns does not make a society more safe, sorry.

That said, I could care less if you want to own a rocket launcher, just keep that thing away from me. People can barely drive correctly where I live, you think I want to trust them walking around like it's the wild west? Get real all you John Wayne wannabes.

Uhm no, their gun crime rates are down, but their home invasion, stabbing, and bludgeoning rates are through the roof. That is a little missrepresented "fact" you are posting there. One that was hammered on heavy by fools like micheal more in his "columbine" movie. They never want to tell you the other statistics, just the ones that pertain to guns.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This has already been covered in another thread, but I will say the same thing here as I did in that thread.

I don't believe there is much to worry about. So far, Obama has not followed through on any of his promises relating to gun control and why should we expect him to start now.

This is just a step he needed to take in light of the Gifford's shooting and it's more politics than anything. So I don't worry about him following through on this one.

By the way, I'm not liberal but why do you make such brash assumptions regarding who wants to control guns? Are you concerned about gun rights, or are you more concerned with propogating political talking points and "robot-like" regurgitation of party mantra? Actually, many of the conservatives in my area are pro gun control because they think the liberal hippies will kill them if they don't get their welfare check. Of course, such talk does nothing to help the pro-gun people.

In the words of my 12 year old son....."epic fail"!

edit on 9-7-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: grammar

edit on 9-7-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
They're just scared of people owning guns because they know they are crapping on the constitution.

Cowards.

Dont step on the tigers tail and not expect to be bitten.

Fools.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
And this is "Under the Radar".

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
In europe all those crimes not involving guns are sky rocketing becuase people can't protect themselves!

no I'm only trying to protect my right as an American Citizen.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I will comply with ALL gun regulations, confiscations and laws just as soon as ALL politicians give up ALL of their armed security, ALL military gives up ALL of their weapons, ALL federal, state and local police and law enforcement agencies give up ALL of their weapons. THEN and ONLY THEN will I disarm at MY discretion.

Otherwise I consider it an act of domestic terrorism and treason for any attempts to confiscate weapons from law abiding citizens in my state.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Come and take them.

Bring as many armed men as you can when you do because I will not go quietly into the night.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I'll stick with the fact that the murder rates are higher. I'd much rather be robbed than killed, wouldn't you?

Also, I have found no proof with anything that you said. All crime sites I've looked at have home invasions higher in the united states than in the European countries that have gun control laws on the books. Unfortunately, nobody keeps "bludgeoning" statistics, so you can have that one.

Again, I could care less if you wanna have an armory in your closest, just keep it to yourself. If you're so scared of society that you feel the need to be strapped when you go to the library or grocery store than you probably have some wires crossed upstairs and are the EXACT person who doesn't need a gun.

Then again, maybe if we had stronger gun control laws you wouldn't be so scared of going out.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I'll stick with the fact that the murder rates are higher. I'd much rather be robbed than killed, wouldn't you?

But you wouldn't be robbed if a criminal thought it was possible you had a gun. Criminals go after easy targets. History shows that yes gun crimes go down when there are stricter gun control but it shows that other crimnes sky rocket because the criminals arent afraid!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Also, I have found no proof with anything that you said. All crime sites I've looked at have home invasions higher in the united states than in the European countries that have gun control laws on the books. Unfortunately, nobody keeps "bludgeoning" statistics, so you can have that one.

Again, I could care less if you wanna have an armory in your closest, just keep it to yourself. If you're so scared of society that you feel the need to be strapped when you go to the library or grocery store than you probably have some wires crossed upstairs and are the EXACT person who doesn't need a gun.

Then again, maybe if we had stronger gun control laws you wouldn't be so scared of going out.

Sorry, but carrying a firearm when out and about does not equal to crossed wires. Better safe then sorry.
I am glad you don't make the laws, yet there are many like you that would love to implement stricter gun control laws that do not stop criminals.

Gun free school zones have stopped how many crimes?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

But you wouldn't be robbed if a criminal thought it was possible you had a gun. Criminals go after easy targets. History shows that yes gun crimes go down when there are stricter gun control but it shows that other crimnes sky rocket because the criminals arent afraid!

Correct.
GeechQuestInfo, please google "gun required law in Georgia Town" . Please report back to the crimes stats.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If we just let the local police militarize and then hand in our guns, it would be the same as turning in our gold and taking their federal reserve notes in exchange. We just hand in anything of worth and take their promises that they have everything under control, Look where that has led us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join