It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher: "Obama Didn't End The Drug War Because He's Black, He Has Enuff On His Plate"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

LOL are you calling me home skillet because you think "beef" is a "ghetto" term and therefore are mocking me because you also think I'm black (I'm not---not that it matters in anyway)?

Regardless, he's not playing the race card, he's telling the truth. At least in this case he is.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokey420
I think you're all missing the point, by a wide margin.

Maher is saying that if Obama, a black man (or half-black), legalized or decriminalized pot, that people would turn it into a race issue and say things like "see what happens what we put a black man in office, drug get legalized."

What, if anything, if wrong with that assessment? You all know it's true.

Isn't this the same argument that conservatives had?
I'm not saying you are playing the partisan card

I'm just saying expose both playing cards if that what your true intention is
Expose in the same post

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Smokey420

"beef" is slang.

And no one said anything about assuming you were black..

Whats with the way off assumptions?

Bill maher is full of crap.

Nothing he says is true, including this.

And yes, he's playing the race card.

"Obama didnt end the drug war because he's black"

Thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

What is that supposed to mean anyway?

Obama didnt end the drug war because his skin is darker? I dont get it. Hahaha

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The problem isn't so much that Bill Maher said something stupid. He does that the same way most people breathe.

The problem is that brain-damaged drooling morons are going to listen to him and believe what he has to say.

LOL! I don't understand how Maher has any credibility either. At best he was a second rate actor and a barely passable stand-up comedian. Then again, this is the country that put Ronald Reagan into office -facepalm- so in some bizarre alternate universe I guess everything makes sense.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokey420
I think you're all missing the point, by a wide margin.

Maher is saying that if Obama, a black man (or half-black), legalized or decriminalized pot, that people would turn it into a race issue and say things like "see what happens what we put a black man in office, drug get legalized."

What, if anything, if wrong with that assessment? You all know it's true.

That's the way I took it. Not "playing the race card", but pointing out how the race card would be played.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Originally posted by beezzer
The problem isn't so much that Bill Maher said something stupid. He does that the same way most people breathe.

The problem is that brain-damaged drooling morons are going to listen to him and believe what he has to say.

LOL! I don't understand how Maher has any credibility either. At best he was a second rate actor and a barely passable stand-up comedian. Then again, this is the country that put Ronald Reagan into office -facepalm- so in some bizarre alternate universe I guess everything makes sense.

Either of you notice the only people that seem to be taking him seriously are the most right wing posters? Either of you catch that? Kiiiiind of like the Christopher Titus thread. Just because right wingers give these people credibility does not mean their target audience does. The only thing Maher has going for him are his guests.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join