It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Anyone Else Watch The Meteor Shower?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
E_T

The exposure time was 30 seconds at 400iso and an fstop of 2.0.
If you look closely there are actually 2 meteors in the photo..One is very dim.
I could see it, but it didn't show very well in the final product...

Hint, the second one is somewhere in the right half of the image..

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Check out the "Astronomy Photo of the Day" I saw on a NASA page, antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Explanation: Comet dust rained down on planet Earth last week, streaking through dark skies in the annual Perseid meteor shower. So, while enjoying the anticipated space weather, astronomer Fred Bruenjes recorded a series of many 30 second long exposures spanning about six hours on the night of August 11/12 using a wide angle lens. Combining those frames which captured meteor flashes, he produced this dramatic view of the Perseids of summer. Although the comet dust particles are traveling parallel to each other, the resulting shower meteors clearly seem to radiate from a single point on the sky in the eponymous constellation Perseus. The radiant effect is due to perspective, as the parallel tracks appear to converge at a distance. Bruenjes notes that there are 51 Perseid meteors in the composite image, including one seen nearly head-on.

The archive of photos is priceless. Has some other Perseids shots as well

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the link spectre!!!! It was a beautiful show from earth!!! I can just imagine it from space!!! Thanks again for the link am looking at it with my kids now!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Now I feel terrible. I was treating it like sour grapes. ("It must have sucked anyway") But deep down inside I wanted to see it. Even if it hadn't been cloudly and stormy.. the light pollution in NY would have wiped out almost everything.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I feel the same way, DreamReality. I had planned a big party and cookout for the peak evening, but had to cancel it at the last minute. Also, it rained the 10th, 11th, & 12th. Sometimes I suspect that with my luck it would have been cloudy even if I lived on the moon. Oh, well. There's the Leonids coming up. Keep your fingers crossed.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Nice Pic there Spectre..
I wish my camera was AS sensitive....
The NEW model is, so Maybe Next year!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I didn't get to see anything last night as it was cloudy as it's always been lately. Was it the Bootids?

Thanks,
Tiza

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
I feel the same way, DreamReality. I had planned a big party and cookout for the peak evening, but had to cancel it at the last minute.

A Cookout.. geez I feel bad

There's the Leonids coming up. Keep your fingers crossed.

I know
, looking forward to it!. And dont worry, the "fates" will make it up to you with those.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join