Did Anyone Else Watch The Meteor Shower?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I stayed up last night and looked in the sky to see the meteor shower that is hapopening all this week. Wow it was beautiful!!! Never saw so many " Shooting Stars" at once. It was great. I was just curios if anyone else saw it and where exactly u were? If u haven't I suggest it!! don't know how many u will see bing that last night was the peak proformance but its worth a shot!! If you are interested go outside when its nice and dark, let your eyes ajudst to the night sky ( about 15 mins) and lie on the ground looking up with your feet pointing into the NE sky. It was truely a beautiful site!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Is it visible in Britain?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I tried, but it is very bright here at night, and the cloud cover was patchy so needless to say I seen crap.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Is it visible in Britain?

Mainly in the US. Might be seen other places, but closer to the states the better.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I tried to watch it but it was so bright that I could barely see any stars at all, which is sad seeing as how I live on 50 acres with 900,000 acres of farmland around me and it was still too bright.

I watched for more than an hour before I gave up and went to bed. Oh well.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I live in the mountains of colorado springs. I was to tired to watch it last night but it will happen again tonight from about 1-4:30am mnt time. Ill try to get pics!!! I know i will get it on video.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
We have two storm in the south so it was not much of skies to see

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
We were able to see quite a few. It was really cool. My daughter and I went outside about 1:30 and stayed out for at least an hour; layed on a blanket and just watched in awe.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The best one I had seen so far was when my family was station in 29 palms California it lasted several days and the entire neighbor will get together lie blankets on the grass and just stared at the sky it was so many of them and so beautiful.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFly5
I stayed up last night and looked in the sky to see the meteor shower that is hapopening all this week. Wow it was beautiful!!! Never saw so many " Shooting Stars" at once. It was great. I was just curios if anyone else saw it and where exactly u were? If u haven't I suggest it!! don't know how many u will see bing that last night was the peak proformance but its worth a shot!! If you are interested go outside when its nice and dark, let your eyes ajudst to the night sky ( about 15 mins) and lie on the ground looking up with your feet pointing into the NE sky. It was truely a beautiful site!!!!

Hello, DragonFly:

No, I wanted to see it, though. I woke up about 3:30 with a horrible sinus headache. Took some Motrin and went back to bed. I may try again in the morning. They are saying it's supposed to still be good, and you'll still see them until Aug. 22nd.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I tried at about 3am but there was complete cloud cover in S. Jersey.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Stupid clouds!!!!!!

Michigan sucks

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Unforunatley I too was hampered by those damn clouds up there. I'm still giving it a shot tonight if it's clear.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
solid clouds here to, but i'm hoping it will be better tonight.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Something for all you meteorheads

It took me at least 150 attempts, to be pointed in the right direction, at the right time. But here is a nice pic, from last night..I'll be attempting more shots tonight.
But this is for all you folks who are Socked-in by clouds..
Let me know what you think! Yes, there really was a bit of a color change as this one whizzed by..

Space out

[edit on 12-8-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Something for all you meteorheads

It took me at least 150 attempts, to be pointed in the right direction, at the right time. But here is a nice pic, from last night..I'll be attempting more shots tonight.
But this is for all you folks who are Socked-in by clouds..
Let me know what you think! Yes, there really was a bit of a color change as this one whizzed by..

Space out

[edit on 12-8-2004 by spacedoubt]

That pictured captured what we saw!!! That is awesome, doubt ill be able to see it tonight cause of Bonnie and charley but if it's clear i'm out there with my blanket watchin the stars again!!

That pic is awesome!!! Great Job!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I was lucky, and my wife and I went out to the county lake and watched it. Away from all the lights and all, it was beautiful. There were some pretty good sized ones that impressed me, but the numerous small ones happening all at once were sweet too. This is the first shower I have ever got to see, so I was like a little kid watching my first baseball game in person. I cannot wait until the next shower now!

Edit: I am located in Pratt, Kansas

[edit on 12-8-2004 by hhensley84]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What a beautiful sight... Here I can barely see stars from my backyard because of city lights, pollution, etc. and it sucks. I always go out when there are supposed meteor showers, but never see anything.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
South San Francisco was a no go due to the foggy Bay Area status.

E_T

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFly5
That pictured captured what we saw!!! That is awesome, doubt ill be able to see it tonight cause of Bonnie and charley but if it's clear i'm out there with my blanket watchin the stars again!!

If it would be real meteor storm there would be hundreds of those in pic depending on exposure time.

Would have been nice to watch these but I was in northern Finland and Norway and in there nights are pretty much as dark as cloudy day!

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join