It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric idea gets snubbed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

THE only electric car manufacturer in Australia has been snubbed by the Australian International Motor Show.

Castlemaine’s Blade Electric Vehicles chief executive Ross Blade said the business had been excluded after a vote was taken by the motor show’s board, which is made up of major foreign car manufacturers. “We have been excluded explicitly,” he said. “It’s unbelievable that Australia’s only all-electric-vehicle manufacturer could be excluded from exhibiting its product. “I am led to believe that the motor show board is comprised of representatives from the major car manufacturers and I think if this is true then their decision is both regrettable and short sighted. “If we were a small wine grower it would be outrageous for us to be excluded from the country’s biggest trade fare. “I’m still shocked.”

The company has been manufacturing and selling the Blade Electron (all-electric) since 2008.

Blade’s application to exhibit its new Electron DG product at this year’s Australian motor show was rejected (Despite being licensed for full volume automotive manufacture) by the motor show’s board.

Blade Was intending to use this year’s Melbourne show to announce the release of its Electron Deep Green product.

Source

Blade Electric Viehicles

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I've always been of the mind that if they ever built a practical, affordable electric car, I'd be first in line to buy one.

But when they inhibit true innovation, then I'm probably better off building one myself.
S+F for a true conspiracy!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Hopefully this is getting more coverage than just in the Bendigo Advertiser
(good little town)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

Hopefully this is getting more coverage than just in the Bendigo Advertiser
(good little town)

From what i can find it looks like this is not being presented by main stream, The only other articles i can come across commend the show but no mention of this vehicle manufacturer ?

edit on 9/7/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: I can find twice

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There seem to be a few people in the automakers pockets
True to form they will try to exclude the competition from the shows

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
reply to post by beezzer

The source says

Blade has more than 40 Electrons on the road today.

Their website says

a range of 160km in real world urban driving conditions (100km on highway).

I would hardly call that a competition.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

Originally posted by granpabobby
reply to post by beezzer

The source says

Blade has more than 40 Electrons on the road today.

Their website says

a range of 160km in real world urban driving conditions (100km on highway).

I would hardly call that a competition.

No Gas. Competition Victory.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
do they purposely build these electric cars to look cheap and have absolutely no space or room.

if they ever offered electric versions of already existing models and not plaster hybrid or give it some tree hugging sandal wearing name, maybe the average person would look into it.

they should also offer it as an monetary equivalent option and not charge ridiculous markups to "save" the environment.

i bet that car goes for $50,000. that's the conspiracy right there. make your costumers feel like they are getting completely ripped off that you'd have to be insane to buy it.

electric motors aren't some new technological advancement, they have been around for over 50 years. there is no excuse the tech isn't perfected and affordable.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ok im new and this is my first post, however ive been a browser for a while. it was thanks to ats that i learnt about nikolas tesla, converting a petrol engine car into an eletric car by changing engines. he was able to drive this car for a week, up to speeds of 90mph without an onboard power source i.e. batterys or hydrogen. instead he found a way to tranmit the power to the car via a little black box with an antenna. this was in 1930 so to answer post it does not surprise me one bit the eletric car is being snubbed at all.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

electric motors aren't some new technological advancement, they have been around for over 50 years. there is no excuse the tech isn't perfected and affordable.

Did you have some ideas on high capacity batteries that would replace the expensive inefficient ones we have now? If so, please share...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i bet that car goes for $50,000. that's the conspiracy right there. make your costumers feel like they are getting completely ripped off that you'd have to be insane to buy it.

Not far out!

Urban four seat five door new Electron MkVI at just $47,000*
Urban four seat five door ex-fleet Electron DG at just $47,000*
Urban two seat three door ex-fleet, long range Electron DGL at just $52,000*

bev.com.au...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The company isn't being snubbed because it has a "green" car, it;s being snubbed because their bid at the car show is the equivalent of second rate hockey player looking for a spot in the NHL draft.

Here is the exhibitor list:

Exhibitor Website
Audi Australia www.audi.com.au
Bentley www.bentleymotors.com
BMW Group Australia www.bmw.com.au
Bufori www.bufori.com.au
Ford Motor Company www.ford.com.au
Ford Performance Vehicles www.fpv.com.au
GM Holden Ltd www.holden.com.au
Holden Special Vehicles www.hsv.com.au
Honda Australia www.honda.com.au
Hyundai Motor Company Australia www.hyundai.com.au
Isuzu UTE Australia www.isuzuute.com.au
Jaguar Australia www.jaguar.com.au
Kia Motors Automotive www.kia.com.au
Koenigsegg www.koenigsegg.com.au
Lamborghini www.lamborghini.com.au
Land Rover Australia www.landrover.com.au
Lexus Australia www.lexus.com.au
Maserati Australia & New Zealand www.maserati.com.au
Mazda Australia www.mazda.com.au
Mercedes-Benz www.mercedes-benz.com.au
Mitsubishi www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au
Nissan Motor Co. (Australia) www.nissan.com.au
Peugeot Automobiles Australia www.peugeot.com.au
Porsche Cars Australia www.porsche.com.au
Skoda Australia www.skoda.com.au
Subaru Australia www.subaru.com.au
Suzuki Australia www.suzuki.com.au
Toyota Motor Corporation www.toyota.com.au
Volkswagen Group Australia www.volkswagen.com.au
Volvo Car Australia www.volvo.com.au

Source

Oh, and one of the exhibitors has a car with a 1.2 liter engine. Most likely much more green than the electric car sucking coal/nuclear/gas fired electricity off the grid.

With a new supercharged 1.2-litre TSI 77kW engine, there is a choice of 5-speed manual and, in early 2012, a 7-speed DSG.

Source

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
do they purposely build these electric cars to look cheap and have absolutely no space or room.

if they ever offered electric versions of already existing models and not plaster hybrid or give it some tree hugging sandal wearing name, maybe the average person would look into it.

www.teslamotors.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6977c5c90f07.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I went to the show last night. I went to this show 17 years ago as a gangly teenager, it was filled with awesome concept cars.
This show however was lacking in that regard, maybe 3 or 4 concepts, the rest is pretty much everything that is in the car yards.

HOWEVER, there was one mob there (I forget there name now) that WAS an electric car company! I do believe their 'range' was 172 kilometers! a WHOPPING 12 more kilometers!!! Thats a few rounds of golf extra!
But, their car had a bit more innovation than this other mob in ballarat (or was it bendigo), firstly they were 'normal' sized vehicles in that you could fit a family in it without learning human origami. Also, they had a swap-n-go system, where 'petrol station' would store batteries, where you park and a machine pulls out your battery and replaces it with a fresh one in 4-5 minutes.

So, I think they did their best to include electric cars, considering the huge wads of cash the oiled up competition probably waved in their faces.

EDIT.
In fact, there were a few more electric things there, take a gander at these and see which ones you prefer the look of.... www.cnet.com.au...

edit on 9-7-2011 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2011 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Protest. Show the car across the street.

top topics

join