It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English prem league who will be relagated?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Out of the three promoted teams QPR
Norwich
swansey
Who if any will stay in the prem?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If any I think perhaps only QPR but we shall see!

Im a Liverpool fan so I don't much mind if they all drop again

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

I think it will be harder than usual for the promoted teams to stay up this season with the new rules coming into effect shortly . The clubs already there have more money to spend and they are doing just that . Look at how few signings the three have made so far. That said I think Norwich would have the best chance of the three of staying up. I think Villa could have a rough season , especially if they have a bad start , as the fans there will really let the manager know that they dont like him .Hopefully my team West Brom , will be safe , we have a good manager in Hodgson .

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
hey man im qpr..

only joking, yeah i agree we will have to fight for survival with the lack of new signings and the potential loss of our star player..
swansea aswell...

but to be honest, it is far to early to make predictions about this... the season hasnt even started yet, we need to at least wait until xmas time to have an idea of form etc..

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
swansea go down qpr just stay up i think...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by truther2011

I think you may be right truther

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

Im a liverpool fan too in Kenny we trust.
You must have an opinion i think norwich will stugle

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pdon60

what about QPR they got loads o money

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by marvinthemartian
reply to post by pdon60

what about QPR they got loads o money

the problem is they are not spending it

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
QPR will stay in the Premier League. It seems inevitable that Warnock will resign or get the sack sometime soon, and while QPR's multi-billionaire owners are no Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour when it comes to splashing cash, I'm pretty sure that they'll provide the necessary money to bring in a top manager and a decent set of players.

I'm certain that both Swansea and Norwich will be, at the very least, fighting to retain their PL status, come the end of the season. One of them may ''do a Hull/Burnley/Blackpool'' ie starting off the first half of the season with a string of decent results, but then tailing off at the business end of the season.

If we're honest, Swansea and Norwich are, in all intents and purposes, Championship teams attempting to compete in the Premier League, just like Blackpool last year.

Wigan are an absolute shoe-in for relegation this season, and I believe that the remaining places will be filled by two of the following teams: Norwich, Swansea, Wolves, West Brom, Fulham, Blackburn.

edit on 9-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I think Wigan and Blackburn are real strong candidates for the drop and think swansea or Cardiff will join them.
Wolves will flirt with danger again, and so will QPR...
I am just hoping another team breaks the winning group - either tottenham, man city or Liverpool...just want to see ANYONE else win it as it's getting like Scotland now!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
cardif?????????

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I'll say Swansea and QPR could both stay up... Norwich may well be in trouble though.

But you know what, the EPL is such an odd and unpredictable league that all 3 could go down or all 3 could stay up..... who knows.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
But you know what, the EPL is such an odd and unpredictable league that all 3 could go down or all 3 could stay up..... who knows.

I believe that you've been brainwashed by the Sky Sports propaganda machine.

The EPL is certainly not ''unpredictable''. The same three teams have won every title since 1994. The only realistic threat to this 3-team ( and, latterly, 2-team ) hegemony, is a club who have, in little more than 2 years, spent over half a billion pounds on transfer fees and wages !

The three relegated teams are normally a collection of promoted teams and clubs who have struggled the previous season.

This season's PL will consist of Manchester United, Chelsea and big-spending Manchester City competing for the title. Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool will finish in the 4-6 positions.

Very unpredictable (!)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmesprevious season.

This season's PL will consist of Manchester United, Chelsea and big-spending Manchester City competing for the title. Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool will finish in the 4-6 positions.

Very unpredictable.

Arsnal in the top 6 are you sure?
I would be very worried this year if i was a gooner.
edit on 9-7-2011 by marvinthemartian because: grammer

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

Ha ha yes slight error on my part!! oops

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by blupblup

I believe that you've been brainwashed by the Sky Sports propaganda machine.

The EPL is certainly not ''unpredictable''. The same three teams have won every title since 1994. The only realistic threat to this 3-team ( and, latterly, 2-team ) hegemony, is a club who have, in little more than 2 years, spent over half a billion pounds on transfer fees and wages !

See and I thought this thread was about relegated teams?

Hmmmm

I don't think anyone at the start of the 08/09 season thought Newcastle would get relegated...... few would have thought that with the squad that West Ham had that they would also drop.

The relegation battle is always a fantastically exciting thing and throws up surprises every season.

Obviously the title race is a different matter, but as nobody mentioned the title or the top 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 teams, then neither will I.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I mostly hope Arsenal get relegated, in a similar way Newcastle did a few seasons ago, and Aston Villa almost did last season. I can not stand their and their fans attitude, that kind of "we expect to win everything" despite having huge holes in a team that should probably just focus on the Europa league.

I hope Wolves go down too, because by the time we get to May, they'll be close to relegation, but survive (like every season) buy just scraping out a win.

And last but not least... Wigan.

I think Swansea will be like Blackpool last season, but better, And with someone like Scott Sinclair on the team, and if they bring in Marcos Senna, they'll do well.

QPR... Not a fan, and cannot stand Bernie Ecclestone, But it's nice to see them in the top flight again.

KTBFFH

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marvinthemartian
Arsnal in the top 6 are you sure?
I would be very worried this year if i was a gooner

What team would actually displace Arsenal in the top 6 ? Everton ? Sunderland ? Newcastle ? Villa ?

Arsenal certainly won't be challenging for the title this season, but they'll be in with a shout of a top 4 position, and, failing that, they'll definitely finish 5th or 6th.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Newcastle could do it, if they use the £35mil from selling Andy Carrol wisely, plus they have a fully fit Hatem Ben Arfa now.
Arsenal probably will get 6th, but i really hope they don't!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join