It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A video everone on ATS should take the time to watch...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Little helpful tip for the future...

If you want anyone (most) here to watch something..
It would be wise not to mention Mr. jaime maussan. lol

I think his intentions are good..
But too many times have I seen him perpetuate absolute rubbish in this field.

He's probably a good guy, who means well..
But he has done too much to discredit himself.

The worst part is~
That he simply takes UFO footage (and hoaxes) from around the world, Presents them to audiences..
and since he has done soo much to discredit himself..
Even if he does show some genuinely good footage..
people immediately discredit that also, simply because he was the one showing the footage.

He has done enough silly crap to make most people simply turn away, and go find info elsewhere.

He could show the most real, best footage in the world, taken on the opposite side of the world that he is on..
But people will just blow it off, because it is him presenting it.

Honestly, I think he has done a lot of good in this field..
but sadly. He has done a lot more rubbish than good.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

post by zorgon
Really? Funny I always see you on the first page as a debunker

If you call identifying lanterns , RC planes and airliners coming in to land being passed off as UFO's then I guess so , so many youtubers wanting their moment of "fame".

Should I take the time to see your posts on your evidence that "some UFO's are either extraterrestrial or inter-dimensional in origin"?

If you want
, some of my favorites .
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The documentary evidence points to the conclusion that UFO's are real and were here , the question in my mind is are they still here .....

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Instead of ranting, why not make the effort to watch the video and then use

You didn't get me, I was saying in general some here think they are skeptics and when they debunk something it is truly a hoax because debunked by them. Im saying this doesnt apply for everything and this approach doesn;t make them more correct for cases that can't be debunked like that, Of course some things are right to be debunked like some too obvious hoax videos, maybe this Massuan too, I dont argue if he's fake or not, could be.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
If you call identifying lanterns , RC planes and airliners coming in to land being passed off as UFO's then I guess so , so many youtubers wanting their moment of "fame".

Yeah and I see Phage loves those threads too
I guess its an easy way to get many stars for debunking the garbage
but seriously... why waste the time? For everyone debunked as a lantern, 20 more will replace it
I just peek at them in the hopes their might be a gem then move on (though I admit I like busting the rocket contrail ones
)

If you want
, some of my favorites .
The documentary evidence points to the conclusion that UFO's are real and were here , the question in my mind is are they still here .....

Ah better... I will check them out
As to them still being here... my research and contacts indicate that they are not visiting at the moment, (which is why we haven't seen a good case pop up lately) That is not counting the ones that I class as "Critters" Those are indigenous to Earth
I really wish we could catch one though

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Jaime does seem to 'stir the pot' here at ATS whenever he is mentioned. I get a kick out of watching all the regular skeptics pounce on any Jaime thread like bees to honey, thereby only serving to give him more publicity (no press is bad press) and yet his second in command posts freely at ATS under free_spirit

I think he gets around it by mostly being a debunker on ATS. Other than a balloons thread and Kumburgaz, he only seems to post against hoaxes. It's never made much sense

You're right about the 'whistleblowers.' Dick Cheney could be the next guy on Project Camelot, with photos, and I'd still have a hard time listening after the endless line of 'sources' preceding him.

reply to post by Imtor

You didn't get me, I was saying in general some here think they are skeptics and when they debunk something it is truly a hoax because debunked by them. Im saying this doesnt apply for everything and this approach doesn;t make them more correct for cases that can't be debunked like that, Of course some things are right to be debunked like some too obvious hoax videos, maybe this Massuan too, I dont argue if he's fake or not, could be.

Okay, I'll agree with that. Some guys are quick to call hoax.

Maussan has all the attributes of a typical, knowing hoaxer. He makes money from what he does, he accuses detractors of being liars/frauds, he doesn't retract falsehoods and continues to promote people, objects and video long after he knows they are fake.

On ATS, the reason some of us are quick to point this out is because some members don't give a crap if he's fake or not. They promote him for different motives. In this thread, New Covenant couldn't care less about hoax videos or UFOs, he came to argue with people he thinks are 'skeptics.'

It's true that ,one day, Maussan could acquire the best ever footage of a structured craft, but he's ruined his reputation and is now untrustworthy. If the guys who refuse to accept he's a fraud, out of resentment of skeptics, come along and post this *new* video, they would also be seen as untrustworthy because they defend frauds. Likewise, some skeptics are so determined to explain away everything that they are also untrustworthy. I guess it's a tangled mess huh?!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Actually...

IF you were a government agent charged with the job to cover up the UFO stuff... could you think of a better way to muddy the water than hiring guys like Jaime, Greer, etc?

Now when a real one comes along... no one will ever take it seriously.

Job done
And it didn't cost the government a dime

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The thought had crossed my mind. The old Robertson Panel can stretch out and relax...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Man did that crack me up!! He did?? Buy a monkey and pass it off as an alien?

Geez...I need to learn more about Jaime it seems. How did I miss that?

Seriously though OP'er...I have been guilty of believing Jaime was reputable enough and have long since discovered he is not. Its a sad thing to have to face these things but hey!! There are plenty more charlatans out there ready to grab ya and with some baldfaced lies hook you until you get you senses back. Can take some time though...I can attest to that.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by annella
Man did that crack me up!! He did?? Buy a monkey and pass it off as an alien?

Geez...I need to learn more about Jaime it seems. How did I miss that?
Yes that's the case I brought up when someone said that just because Maussan happened to cover a few cases that turned out to be hoaxes doesn't make him a liar, that case definitely makes him a liar:

The Jaime Maussan Metepec Creature Confirmed as a Hoax
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca2f685de321.jpg[/atsimg]
I'm not sure how you missed that one but there you go.

Poor monkey.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I would go for the tail, why would he want to prove it is real alien when there is a tail, No grey has a tail and the skinny and short arms and legs show is clearly not a grey alien body. If they wanted to prove it is real, they didn't do their hw right - could've been photoshopped and made more aline like but this picture has nothing alien, even if I didn;t read that it is a hoax that's what I would've said.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

I don't believe it was claimed to be alien.

It was meant to be a chupacabra I think...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, this thread really turned sour between a few people

Everyones made good points and bad points and i agree with most of it. At the end of the day if you want to watch the video, do so. If not, try not to be so harsh as it has clearly stoped people even considering giving it a chance. Even if Maussan did take advantage of a bald monkey

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thank you very much Kandinsky for taking the time to bring these cases to the surface. I dont recognize a few of them so it should keep me busy for a while

Oh, and dont worry. I take nothing personally. You were just dishing out a lil 'enlightenment'

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I can totally see where you're coming from!

Reminds me of the story '' The Boy Who Cried Wolf ''

Maussan being the boy and well you know who are the villagers.

That's just my take on it.

Regardless, keeping an open mind is key imho

To those who flocked here en mass criticizing without watching the video, a simple, polite and candid response along the lines of '' imho the guy is a fake, but it's up to you to make your own mind up Good day '' would have been more than adequate. Not village idiot this and are you still here that!

Whatever happened to manners?

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Thanks for the link, I'll bookmark it for later viewing. I am sure ive seen some if not most of whats in the vid but i might be wrong so I'll take a look when i can.

I would just like to add that no video ever made me believe in ufo's in fact i had seen a ufo with my own eyes way before i even looked at any ufo video.

Honestly i feel If people spent as much time simply looking up as they do watching ufo vids there questions would be answered in no time.

I guess that's why ive seen so many, i like to look up alot in the day and at night not for ufo spotting specifically but just to appreciate the marvels of nature and space, it's amongst those times and in that mindest i have seen them. I must have seen nearly 10 now the last one the other night went right over my house but was moving extremely slowly the slowest ive ever seen and it was soooo low.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Score one for the Hyenas, (no offense intended)
Meaning was that the thread was dead and debunkers were still lingering.... telling people with open minds to close them....i.e. "picking over the bones."
I was trying to breathe life back into it....prematurely it seems. Afraid maybe we really should smother this one with a pillow.
There is some credible footage 1991 over Mexico which Jamie Maussan got famous for...and many genuine photos and probably video too mixed in with what may be hoaxed footage, but even they are pretty ancient.

I watched the video and sorry OP but I can't recommend it, far too many commercials for just a handful of really credible material. The last hour was the most interesting to me since he deals with Chilbolten and some of the famous "humanoid sightings" on film, still today NOT debunked. Many of the UFO tapes shown were unexplained and others I could not find in an exact date search of ufoevidence.org or WIKI Encyclopedia List of UFO sightings so this nearly debunks them to me. Others I had not seen before.

I understand the skepticism of the source.
He is a little like Heraldo on FOX or even Glenn Beck with his topic.
More a showman than a reliable source and sometimes does not take all necessary steps to verify.

But when ever a compilation of evidence is presented like this you simply can't
in my estimation NOT LOOK AT IT because the source is unreliable.
As I say in an earlier post...

Though he had lied many times in the past, that last time the boy cried WOLF...it really WAS A WOLF.

This by contrast is a great video. You should watch this one if you haven't seen it.
You should not allow the credibility (or not) of the phone call to the Art Bell show near the end to spoil the whole video for you. This is a compilation of recent sightings 2009 -10-11 as reported on the major news networks. Sort of brings it all home for you. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I'm glad we now share the same conclusions. It might seem unreasonable to ignore disreputable sources, but it saves time and disappointment in the long run. Time which could be better spent elsewhere.

Another big factor is that it doesn't matter if we ignore Maussan's videos. When a video hits the internet that is bigger than the source...we'll all know about it anyway.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I don't know what to make of Maussan. I've watched one of his videos and throughout the whole thing I was nodding my head going "Exactly."
Then after it was over I scratched my head and was like "Wait, wtf was he talking about?!"
That's happened a few times until I got to the point on giving up on the guy.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join