It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A one-world government is inevitable, so why oppose it?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Click here for more information.

Mod note: Please read the thread, or at least read this before posting. Thanks. -- Majic

edit on 10/1/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MathematicalPhysicist

Sorry OP but no i do not think a one world government is likely or even possible for at least another century.

There is becoming and will be a world council of regional powers, a Russian led Eurasia, a Chinese led East and a US led west and probably a Brazil led South including Africa.

There are too many Territorial, Racial, Tribal instincts that need to be developed and matured for any World Government to exist, never mind endure for any period.

7 - 11 Billion people cannot be coerced into union, it takes time, most of the population have to actively want to move in that direction, they (we) have to be led by the benefits, the only way to a world Government is by lots of Carrots and no sticks, the pro's have to out-way the cons.

If it ever does happen, it will be for practical reasons rather than Ideological.

Not in our lifetime IMHO.

Cosmic..

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
"If the U.S can be a stable democratic nation, then a world government can be a stably democratic as well."

I stopped right here. This sentence is where the entire OP derails.

The US is not a stable and democratic nation. A world controlled by elites cannot be stable and democratic as well. A global US is really a nightmare scenario.

Any kind of genuine world order has to emerge from below and not from above. I would not trust the very people who gave me the military-industrial complex to now give me world peace.

If the OP is a mathematical physicist then he is trained in logic and should be able to see what I see.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
One last thing. There is no such things as a "next step in evolution." The Bonobos may well be more adapted to their environment than we are. Meanwhile, a global government with no accountability may well pollute to its heart's content.

Teleology may be a concept that appeals to mathematicians (I love mathematics, personally) and yet it does not exist in biology.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join