It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A one-world government is inevitable, so why oppose it?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis
Your obviously not living here or u would know our political system is a joke...nothings done for the citizens by either side. This isn't even a democracy any more, its a corporation owned dictatorship that even the president and the party members are puppets in.

When has the US ever been a democracy?

When has the US not been powered by a small circle of elite?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by mutatismutandis
Your obviously not living here or u would know our political system is a joke...nothings done for the citizens by either side. This isn't even a democracy any more, its a corporation owned dictatorship that even the president and the party members are puppets in.

When has the US ever been a democracy?

When has the US not been powered by a small circle of elite?

well the US is powered by the slave masses, which are collared by the elites

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TattooedWarrior

Why does the sun rise?
Who will force you to brush your teeth??
How will you become one with all humanity?
Where did I put the remote?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Sorry for the late reply. I am in and out arguing with the children.

LOL - - that does get in the way - doesn't it?

Which is why I only post in threads of opinion/viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't oppose a one world government of some kind in principle. I actually believe it could be the inevitable result of a world without conflict and oppression. Unfortunately, I do not believe that the people holding the most power, wealth, and political influence currently have those interests at heart. And they are the people likely to helm any one world government should it come into being anytime soon.

In my opinion, we must first resolve the fundamental issues at the heart of our existence as a species before we can unite in a way that will be fair and non-oppressive. Conflict, greed, bigotry, corruption, and inequality must be addressed before we can arrive at a benign global governance. Failure to do so, in my opinion, could result instead in a global dictatorship.

I want Star Trek, not 1984. And we have a long, long way to go before we're anywhere near such an ideal.
edit on 7/10/2011 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

I want Star Trek, not 1984. And we have a long, long way to go before we're anywhere near such an ideal.
edit on 7/10/2011 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

You want star trek then we need first contact!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by TattooedWarrior

How will you become one with all humanity?
Where did I put the remote?

With humanity the way it is at the moment I'm glad that I am not one with it.
You left the remote in the kitchen next to the kettle.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You want a true fair and just one world order here you go:

Put up a website that everyone has a personal secured log-on

Hire the worlds best book keepers to crunch all the financial number

Allow everyone access to vote on the issues...vote if it matters to you, don't vote if it doesn't. Either way the issues get handled...hmmm almost democratically

Then fire all the morons running our world...the money going out to them alone is enough to bring us to a level of progress we've never even seen on our planet.

This is the only way a one world order would work...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by TattooedWarrior

Fair enough but you made your argument based on individuality not on nationality. No one is telling you (the individual) you can't be who you are.

You are joking aren't you??
What do you think magazines etc have been doing for decades.
They make money by making average people feel s==t about themselves then offer them the product that will make them fit in with everyone else FFS.
Why does everyone look like a clone - all with the same hairstyle, clothes etc??? Control through targeted marketing via magazines and tv advertising mainly.
Why are there so few individuals??? Mostly because its easier to follow someone else than to lead and sadly most people today are nothing more than lost sheep dancing to the tune of the pied piper.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

.Then they need to spend $701 billion dollars to defend it......

I am an american and I say enough of the BS........

You do know that the American government is like 3rd from the bottom of foreign government aide per capita - - right?

Seriously - look it up.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
"One world government" has been in the making for I imagine hundreds of years (since Weishaupt's Illuminist papers or before). It's a slow process it seems, so slow, that people may not have built a nuance for what so much counts as world government. There seems to be indistinct definitions for what people consider a world government. We may already be very much into the thick of whatever it is. The game may be on the influence of larger bodies of governance over others, but will that mean they will completely take away autonomy from say country, state, and district by force? I am sure it is smarter to influence by redefining ideals and so allowing smaller governings to go on by their supposed will. The game gets ugly when tactics such as false flags come into play in order to skew the opinions of the public. I feel it's all a skew game, how much influence can be given to the general public.

But before calling anything "evil" (duality alert), think over any possible reasonings for such a movement such as a one world government. Who "up top" is weighing key issues from non-issues? It's hard to believe that this manifestation has not spread out due to some "pay off", "better in the long run", or utilitarian thought. Or is this just another form of extremism? How can we tell if we are actually the ones not "seeing" the big picture that may lead to a period of less suffering? Are we babied (and even fibbed to as adults do to kids) because we want to be? Have we not brought this upon ourselves? Government gets quite complicated when you factor humans into the picture, humans whom oftentimes appear so very lost to themselves that they require quick fixes e.g., pharma, religion, media/conspiracy.

I say that more "important" (but I will say "possibly more interesting" because dualities such as these are not for me) is wearing beliefs like sweaters. Try things on. Do you want to connect without having a new world order quasi-connect you, try shifting beliefs. Agree. Agree because everybody is coming from one vantage point. Strive to get better at connecting. Once there, issues will vaporize more and more.

edit on 10-7-2011 by surrealpoet because: spellcheck

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

If only lol. If I could live to see such a thing (provided it was a positive thing) I could die in peace. I'm not kidding. Alas, it seems unlikely. Oh well. We can dream.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

You are joking aren't you??
What do you think magazines etc have been doing for decades.
They make money by making average people feel s==t about themselves then offer them the product that will make them fit in with everyone else FFS.
Why does everyone look like a clone - all with the same hairstyle, clothes etc??? Control through targeted marketing via magazines and tv advertising mainly.
Why are there so few individuals??? Mostly because its easier to follow someone else than to lead and sadly most people today are nothing more than lost sheep dancing to the tune of the pied piper.

You still have the right to say no or to say yes when you want. People have followed trends way before TV and slick magazines. Go out into the amazons and you will find that in any given tribe most people will dress that same. Again, living under a government based on freedom does not negate your individuality but your choices might.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There nearly was a One World Government - The British Empire, until the US stuck its oar in and stopped it.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

. Again, living under a government based on freedom does not negate your individuality but your choices might.

I want you to name this government based on freedom that you talk about because I don't know of ANY goverment based on that premise. Oh and don't say America because it is not based on freedom.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Love your signature mate.
Personally I don't consider myself 'British' at all. I'm 100% Englishman - afterall the Welsh and the Scots were given back their soverenty!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I want you to name this government based on freedom that you talk about because I don't know of ANY goverment based on that premise. Oh and don't say America because it is not based on freedom.

You said individuality. Most governments in most countries let people live as individuals. Some countries where women are forced to cover up are the exception.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

You said individuality. Most governments in most countries let people live as individuals..

No government, anywhere, can "let" people live as individuals. Any individual, anywhere, can "let" governments trample all over them, and they can avoid their own individuality in order to submit to a collective, but governments cannot control individuality.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by daskakik

No government, anywhere, can "let" people live as individuals. Any individual, anywhere, can "let" governments trample all over them, and they can avoid their own individuality in order to submit to a collective, but governments cannot control individuality.

Cool, have you followed our little part of the thread? "Let" was just a lazy word choice. Sorry.

My point is exactly as you say, "governments cannot control individuality". So how would a one world government strip peoples individuality as TattooedWarrior claims? Even most governments in place have not done that.

edit on 10-7-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It is really quite saddening to see so many people accept this NWO nonsense without any evidence and total at face-value. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to reply to all of the posts in the thread that have been directed at me, but I'll leave you with this:

50 years from now, when many of you will either be long-dead or on your death beds, will you regret living your life in fear and awaiting this non-existent entity for so many years, but nothing ever happened or materialized and everything is pretty much the same except with better technology and more industrialized countries? Will you not regret pursuing what you love and spending more time with your loved ones, rather than basing your entire life on an organization that does not exist? Or are you going to pass the "NWO conspiracy" onto your descendants and let them continue this life of fear and madness?

Just a thought I'd like to put out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join