It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want Proof, ELEnin <-- Extinction, I'll Give You Proof -- You Can't Handle!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MACchine

Actually they do. Absolute magnitude does not apply to comets. It is a term that only applies to asteroids. A comet has its magnitude broken down into Total Magnitude, which incorporates the magnitude of the coma and the nucleus, and Nuclear Magnitude, which is only the magnitude of the nucleus. While I suppose the Absolute Magnitude chart could be used for a comet, one must use the Nuclear Magnitude, as opposed to the Total Magnitude, as the coma has no bearing on the size of the comet. However, that does not take into account such things like slope, which will need to be incorporated to get a more accurate estimate.
edit on 9-7-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

IF YOU have zero technical knowledge then it will impossible for you to identify REAL technical knowledge, instead you will buy into nonsensical POPULAR conclusions, that YOU can understand, which is all loony toons.

You mean, like, "Nibiru broke up The Beatles?"

You're not gonna let go of that one are you DJ ?
Seems to me your persistance with the strawman that OP set up is a little odd. I thought for sure someone like you would recognise. Huh ?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENTJa
Wow! I had never heard of that video with Oliver North. That was amazing the response that went around that room. I noticed a another guy a few places down from the chairman that was pretty agitated as well putting his hands on his face and looking around. Its very obvious from this clip that this topic is very serious and guarded and also that apparently, not all elected officials are equal. Fewer know than don't. A little relieving and further disturbing to know that we aren't the only ones kept in the dark. And this is further proof that our government is further split than we know. Also I kinda hate to admit that maybe some of these conspiracy theories aren't just theories. Well, i hope the secrecy was worth it because it may have to go into affect soon with all the weirdness and uprisings all over the world. Lets just hope that it benefits us and they weren't just tacking our tax dollars to protect themselves.

YOU GOT IT, YOU TOTALLY GOT IT !!!

When I first watched it I was like, WoOoW LOOK EVERYONE SQUIRM, something HUGE is UP !?!?!?

And it has to do with HomeLand Security, which based on the other data gathered will implement CONTINUITY OF GOVERNMENT ...

... AND THEY WILL LABEL WHATEVER HAPPENS AS TERRORISM or a terrorist ATTACK BY ALIENS, which I sure they want to do because it maximizes the military industrial complex, but they won't take that wrought if they think we won't buy it.

Of course, they BELIEVE we are going to be soo destroyed by what is coming that we will be like ZOMBIES willing to accept any help we can get and we will be TOTALLY DEFEATED and obedient !!!

Maybe, they believe what the insider told us, that the magnetism of Nibiru will wipe our brains clean and turn us into children, then they will retain us in the FEMA camps and we won't have a CLUE.

I SAY STAND UP AND FIGHT ELEnin Americans while you still can

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Where did I ask you a question? The only thing I can remember asking you is to respond to the posts the completely destroy your OP. You still haven't responded to the fact that the Washington Post article is no proof whatsoever. You still haven't responded to the fact that Houck and his team released two follow-up articles where they prove that the objects in the IRAS survey were nine ultra-luminous galaxies and an infrared cirrus. You still haven't responded to the fact that there was no retraction the next day an that the story was buried. I have provided sufficient, and actual empirical evidence that the 1983 Washington Post article is only proof that the media likes to sensationalize news. So, will you retract your claims about the article or will you continue to live in ignorance despite the fact that undeniable proof (there's that word being used correctly for once) has been presented to you that proves you wrong?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

No possibility that the follow ups are there as cover Ex ?
How could there be a follow up on something only the IRAS could see ?
Is there any proof that these follow ups aren't the hoax ?
Why do you choose to believe one and not the other ?
I would like to be able to get to the bottom of all this so, why can't we ?

edit on 9-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Please, tell me what this is in this video, but I DO NOT want your SPECULATION, you see I have long noticed and understood that skeptics ARE THE KINGS OF SPECULATION you do not use science to brush things off, just any old prejudice that is handy, this is mostly what we here from you. So please observe this video and supply me with some sort of EMPIRICAL DATA, whatever you can come up with, or your own videos with images of the objects and explanations about what they are NOT, will do ...

I would say that the object filmed in the video is the International Space Station (ISS).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f1a1784a851.jpg[/atsimg]

In this image you can see the ISS in the top left corner, the object in the bottom right is Venus.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edb45257fa68.png[/atsimg]

This is a snippet from the video, notice the resemblance.

ALS

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It just seems to me to be wayyy too many coincidences for it not to be something there. How many times and how many days are we gonna have to see some new nugget before everyone wakes up?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
nibiru exists
sky-map.org...

co -ordinates :09 39 54, 11 58 53.8

edit on 9-7-2011 by mangal9 because: added link

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
How is it that NINE ULTRA LUMINOUS GALAXIES weren't detected without iras ?
There are alot of questions that should be askd, in the face of the obvious government secrecy
wouldn't you say?

Do you even agree that if there were an inbound that TPTB would make sure it was a well kept secret?
If you don't agree to that then what can we make of you personally ?
At least agree to the obvious ?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I was prepared to totally blow off your post but you have some good ideas.

Have you considered that whatever "it" is could be fake/non threatening?

It would serve the same purpose.

IF it is legit, they can suspend all the constitutions they want. It really wont make a rats ass of difference if the planet is cracked.

"They" should be more scared of this than we. IF all "law" broke down, they would have no protection and would be open game.

Hmmmm.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

How is it that NINE ULTRA LUMINOUS GALAXIES WEREN'T detected without iras.

I believe it has something to do with the galaxy's (light) wavelength. The galaxies give off infared light which cannot be seen by ordinary telescopes.

ALS

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Funny to see the wheels in your head turning thru the words in your post.

I have entertained your thoughts to the max. So I agree to the substance of your post bigtime.

Al
I realise there are explanations. Thank you. But they just don't speak to any possible cover up involving these follow ups. Especially in the face of 1984 being the year they implement this law ? I mean that's not right.
I hope you agree ?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I do not regard this as proof of an impending extinction level event, personally.

However I must acknowledge that regardless of whether or not it's related to such an event, the continuity of government secrecy is interesting and disturbing. I followed that line of intrigue after 9-11 and it led me to at least strongly suspect that there is a lot we don't know and a lot that congress does not know. I must also acknowledge that the abrupt classification of data pertaining to incoming bodies is somewhat worrisome after science having access to this data previously for quite some time.

Still, I cannot regard this as proof. There are too many questions, most of which have already been raised by others in this topic already. How can an object so distant, even in 1983, now be as close to Earth as Elenin is? How would FEMA camps protect anyone from an extinction level event? (Or is the hypothesized point simply to imprison people to avoid mass riots and insurrection if it should become public knowledge, so that they can better proceed with hypothesized secret plans to save themselves somehow?) Why does one of the articles posted suggest that the mystery object is a young galaxy? What evidence is there that this is a brown dwarf? Images have been taken of Elenin (unless one believes them to be fake.) How can Elenin be the mystery object? Etc. etc.

So this is interesting in other respects, but in my opinion, not proof. Not yet, at least.

I also must take issue with the characterization of skeptics in the opening post of this thread. True skeptics do not go out of their way to debunk or make assertions without proof (although they may end up debunking something as the result of providing said proof.) You will not a find a skeptic saying, "This is not true," unless they can prove it. If someone does that, they are not a skeptic, so please do not lump them together with us. Skeptics ask questions, and refrain from belief or assertion in the absence of proof. That's all a skeptic does. To make assertions without proof is not skeptical. Just saying.
edit on 7/9/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Defining skepticism

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Well, all of this is quite fascinating.
And I actually hope you're right.
I believe that ELEnin/Nibiru/Planet X would be an excellent RESET button that could cure all the ills of society and allow Mother Earth to heal as quickly as possible.
I'm not being a gloom and doomer. I'm being very realistic. I would gladly and peacefully give my life so nature rules once again. Don't get me wrong, I love technology, but it's destructive. Only animals are capable of taking only what they need and giving back. Humans just upset this fragile ecosystem with their self-serving egosystem.

After years of OCD'ing on UFO/alien/govt conspiracies, I have come to two powerful conclusions.
1. My quality of life has suffered as has that of my family.
2. I am powerless to change anything.

After years of planning and playing what if scenarios through my brain I have given my fate over to the care of God as I understand Him.

If in the event there is a catostrophic event on earth, I believe we have been endowed with the innate ability to know what to do. Furthermore I believe catastrophes bring out the best in most people and the worst in few. Therefore, as a classically trained scientist, I must go with the odds.

If I survive, it is more likely I will see the best in my neighbors. In the meantime, I have learned to treat everybody I meet with the utmost respect. The funny thing is my sales performance at work has skyrocketed.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewolf032
reply to post by TheUniverse

I've got to correct a math error here, just can't help myslef.

80 trillion km does not equal 8 light years

1 light second is approximately 3x10^8 (300,000,000) meters per second

1 light year = 9,460,800,000,000,000 meters per year

Here is your response which YOU BELIEVE debunks the OP ...

... but it does NO SUCH THING !

It shows YOUR lack of understanding of the science and your inability to address the issues bought up by the OP.

FIRST OF ALL THIS DOES NOT DEBUNK THE OP AT ALL.

You are working with numbers that the NASA scientists posted with the original announcement of the discovery, right after the original discovery. I have heard from astronomers on talk show radio that it takes at least 6 months, and they prefer 9 months to a year of watching a new object to get its path in space.

This certainly makes sense as shooting a laser at it and then measuring the light coming back, a direct measurement, would require 8+ years if it were that far away. Triangulation, which is what I think they use can be done quickly but gets better with time A LOT OF TIME !

What you fail to understand is that what they have given you is a rough estimate AT BEST, a guesstimate ! And you bought this hook line and sinker as ABSOLUTE FACT, you don't get science !

Now you may remember about a year ago there was an object which NASA claimed was around 4 or 5 light years from Earth and announced how interesting it was because it grew 15% in size since they first viewed it a year or two before.

Italy and Russia scoffed at NASA's comments UNUSUALLY IN AN INSULTING WAY and said the reason it was larger was because it had MOVED CLOSER TO EARTH and that it was fairly close to our solar system !!!

Then not too long later Russia announces they will try to protect the Earth from NEOs, and mentioned Apophis but said that was NOT THE ONLY ONE !

So you can see very easily from this exchange that it is NOT EASY to determine how far away something is, so if they made a mistake or simply gave a politically correct answer to the distance question rather then what their data showed YOU CAN SEE WHY THEY WOULD DO THAT !

There is certainly evidence to support the idea that they would give a politically correct answer as if you go to the Google news paper web site that I linked you to you can read many other news paper reports of the discovery and some quotes from the Profs from NASA saying, "WE DON'T WANT ANYONE GETTING EXCITED ABOUT THIS BECAUSE THIS BODY IS VERY FAR AWAY !", so they were ALREADY trying to deflect TOO MANY GOOD QUESTIONS !

Now some papers NOTED that there was an uproar in the populous over this story, and soon afterwards they SAY IT WAS A MISTAKE, somehow they did not find anything, so wether it was a mistake or not you know politics took over the story right after it was released.

At this point I could have gone into the story about the astronomer who discover the object and how he went down to Australia try to track it on his own, and THEN HE DIES, I think in a car accident. IF I had gone into that I would have wanted to go into how MANY important scientists working on HUGE NEW STUFF end up dead mid-way through the work, usually in a car accident.

If figured most of you know all about that stuff.

I think the reason we found out about the Continuity of Government plans shortly after that is because there was something, that we don't know, about the Nibiru discovery story that caused the government to realize it need such a plan.

Then 911, Homeland security and how Continuity of Government plays into Homeland security shows us that IT IS STILL AROUND AND NOW MUCH MORE SOPHISTICATED, whatever it was the scared them IT WAS HUGE !

And now we get this gigantic increases in Earthquakes and volcanism worldwide since 2007, and a bit later this comet floating by that seems to connect in very easily in a documentable way with causing the largest quakes.

And when it enters the solar system is when the armed forces cuts our scientists off to their best data about NEOs in mid 2009, like I said just when this comet shows up.

IT SEEMS THAT WE ARE LIVING IN AN EXCEEDINGLY FISHY AND DANGEROUS SITUATION !!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Now you may remember about a year ago there was an object which NASA claimed was around 4 or 5 light years from Earth and announced how interesting it was because it grew 15% in size since they first viewed it a year or two before.

Italy and Russia scoffed at NASA's comments UNUSUALLY IN AN INSULTING WAY and said the reason it was larger was because it had MOVED CLOSER TO EARTH and that it was fairly close to our solar system !!!

Can you provide more information about this?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We're dealing with articles in the scientific community. Considering that IRAS was a huge achievement at the time you're going to have plenty of people checking your work to make sure its correct. To this day nobody has claimed that Houck and his team were wrong. If there were a cover-up almost every professional astronomer in the world would have to be in on it, not to mention their grad students. Furthermore, with the exception of the original paper nobody on Houck's team was affiliated with NASA.
edit on 9-7-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage hey can you identify what Mangal9 has in those coordinates up above?

EX
Ok well, that sounds good even to a layman. Like others I certainly am not claiming this as absolute proof of anything. Other than a lot of fishy shifting on the part of our government, but we all know that's a gimme. lol

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mangal9

Sky-Map is owned by the same people that own Wikipedia. It also runs under the same principle that all content is user generated. Therefore, anyone can go in and name anything they want. That particular object is a very dim star in Leo I believe. I say I believe because if you do a search for Nibiru on Sky-Map now, it says it can't find it and I can't remember what name it had been given last time I was on there.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What will happen in an extinction level event is just that...we join the dinosaurs..The End . No comeing back and IF anything lives it will be the cockroach !

The powers that be will keep this event secret as all hell would break out amoung the people ! There would be total panic ..Best to go about your life and when it hits kiss your butt goodby !
Its going to happen no doubt..Who knows when..tomorrow in 100 years or 10,000 but rest assured it will happen .
edit on 9-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join