It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want Proof, ELEnin <-- Extinction, I'll Give You Proof -- You Can't Handle!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow! I had never heard of that video with Oliver North. That was amazing the response that went around that room. I noticed a another guy a few places down from the chairman that was pretty agitated as well putting his hands on his face and looking around. Its very obvious from this clip that this topic is very serious and guarded and also that apparently, not all elected officials are equal. Fewer know than don't. A little relieving and further disturbing to know that we aren't the only ones kept in the dark. And this is further proof that our government is further split than we know. Also I kinda hate to admit that maybe some of these conspiracy theories aren't just theories. Well, i hope the secrecy was worth it because it may have to go into affect soon with all the weirdness and uprisings all over the world. Lets just hope that it benefits us and they weren't just tacking our tax dollars to protect themselves.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I couldn't care less.... if I was paid, I couldn't care any less than I do. I want to die with my eyes wide open. I don't care if i smash to pulp or vaporize, I'm ready for the next adventure. You theorists need to get a grip. No one's elevating you to 'See'er' status or Oracle or whatever. Your stuff is falling on deaf ears. What would you have everybody do............................I demand an answer? If this extermination event happens as you suggest, what's the point? Why would you want to live afterwards, and if a select few do come out of government illuminati shelters, what will they inherit. But mostly, you who continually try to spook people are useless.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MACchine
because Y2K was ABSOLUTELY REAL AND A TECHNICAL ISSUE that you have no concept or understanding

Actually Y2k was mostly a hoax.
Family computers since 1980 have been ready for it and sure, some really old computers in companies might have been not ready, the worst that would of happened is to have dates loop back to the beginning.

This hoax was mostly towards people that knew almost nothing about computers.
You gotta be blind has a bat to fall in the y2k scam.
edit on 9-7-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I don't post much, but I keep up to date on what's going on. I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet or not, but the "heavenly body" description of it not being visible because it doesn't emit light, does not match the fact that were all viewing comet ELEnin in visible spectrum images.

And I'm sorry, but I must point out that all the photos of all those objects looked pretty much different from each other. But I'm sure you know much more about the subject than I do..

One more thing, you don't just throw out a video and say "now give me some EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE on it scientific community!!." If someone has to tell you that then we should all be CAUTIONED to readily BELIEVE what YOU SAY.

THANK YOU

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Ya know, the Gov't has ALWAYS prepared fo that whether it be due to nuclear war, social unrest, aliens landing, asteroid hitting, etc. The fact that they prepare is utterly meaningless and no evidence of anything.

When they start building large sea craft in a remote mountain in China ... get back to me

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MACchine

Great job of connecting the dots. Continuity of government just what we need notice it is not continuity of mankind but continuity of useless politicians. I will be laughing my arse off when this thing comes through and all you disbelievers can kiss your arses goodby. TextText

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

We have all seen the multitude of youtube vids plotting ELEnin's orbital path around the sun. Well i am confused as to how Nasa have been able to calculate the turning point if they still do not have any idea of the size and mass of the comet.

Maybe someone out there could enlighten me!

Originally posted by Utopian
You can't. You need to know the mass and speed ... you can't do the math.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU PEOPLE, you YAK YAK and can't even access the SIMPLEST DATA ON YOU OWN !

I have been looking at NEOs and this data for YEARS !!!

JPL Small Body Database Browser ...
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Physical Parameters ...
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Physical Parameter Table
Parameter Symbol
comet total magnitude M1

Value Units
10.4 mag

Sigma

Reference

Notes
from 351 observations, assumed slope, autocmod 2.4d

Absolute Magnitude (H)
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Absolute Magnitude (H) Diameter
(km = kilometers)
(m = meters)
10.5 20 km - 50 km

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I'm confused as to what that has to do with the post you were replying to, especially the part where you posted its magnitude. I would like you to however acknowledge the posts that have refuted your original points instead of continuing on to promote this farce. By ignoring our posts you are doing the exact opposite of denying ignorance.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
omg i cant handle the proof!!!

guess what? you can't do anything, even if you were 100% true

SO WHAT IS THE POINT IN THE FIRST PLACE? ATTENTION?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

scientists pointed out that the comet is a mere 3-mile-wide glob of ice with no magnetic field and that it won't even pass very near Earth — and that plate tectonics, not comets, cause earthquakes

In fact, Elenin is a textbook comet; it has visible "coma," or nucleus, and a long tail made of vaporizing ice

If it were a brown dwarf, "it would not have a coma or tail, because the gas cannot escape from an object with substantial gravity. In addition, if it were massive we would be seeing its gravitational influence on the orbits of the planets, especially Mars and Earth, but there is no change in these orbits

Source

Sounds like its just any old comet to me. Not too worried about it.

Debunked!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Now I understand why you posted the magnitude. However, the chart you used applies to asteroids, not comets. A comet is quite different from an asteroid. For one an asteroid does not produce a coma. The reason why comets can have such high magnitudes is due to their comas, which are produced by gas being released as it gets closer to the Sun. While the size of the coma does have a relation to the size of the comet it is a fairly loose correlation. The magnitude you used takes into account both the nuclear and coma magnitudes. To get an accurate size of the comet itself you should just use the nuclear magnitude which would give it a size of around 4 km., which does match up with current estimates. However, as comets and asteroids are completely different I don't think you can use an asteroid chart to determine a comet's size based on magnitude.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
Actually Y2k was mostly a hoax.
Family computers since 1980 have been ready for it and sure, some really old computers in companies might have been not ready,

I have NEVER heard of "Family computers" is that a NEW computer company or did you mean HOME computers ?

the worst that would of happened is to have dates loop back to the beginning.

When this happens most computers will crash on start up, even your WONDERFUL Family Computers, and when that happens YOU ARE TOTALLY STUCK.

This hoax was mostly towards people that knew almost nothing about computers.
You gotta be blind has a bat to fall in the y2k scam.

OH, OK, it was a SCAM, where are ALL the Y2K billionaires who scammed those poor BLIND Family computer owners, I TOLD then NOT to buy Family, get a Mac, I always said !?!?!

IT WAS NOT A HOAX AT ALL, you think it was because YOU understand SQUAT about computers.

The ENTIRE issue was a concern for corporate America and the infrastructure in government run by computers and similars all over the World. Most of the BIG problem were in old software Unix and mainframe language derived from Unix, and Windows is ALWAYS a nightmare and highly unreliable, so you never know what the problems will be with Win !!!!!!

Microsoft warned their corporate partners, which was ALL of corporate America, profusely.

There WERE PROBLEMS on that day, but they had back up systems, and many companies had scaled architectures that were more resilient then even the people working with them could anticipate, so there were many people working overtime on those days actively addressing the issues in realtime.

This comment is to ALL you people on ATS, slinging skepticism and ignorance day in and day out, you live in a very INTERESTING WORLD with all kinds of FUN problems going on all around you and REALLY SMART people are fixing these problems ALL THE TIME, yet you live in this cloud of FEAR AND DENIAL ...

... SO YOU MISS OUT ON ALL THE FUN, AND IT REALLY REALLY IS A LOT OF FUN, I feel sorry for you !

I REALLY DO !!!

The solution to your ignorance is when you disagree with someone, do not go and tell them what you believe, get online and STUDY THE ISSUE FIRST, then you won't continually make a fool out of yourself, and that would be a good thing wouldn't it !!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ok crazy bones.... looks like it is you who is the prejudice conspirator!

O btw.... Nice thread

edit on 9-7-2011 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't see how this "shocking" proof is any different than the other hundred threads with "shocking proof" in them.

I am definitely not running to my bathroom to puke lol. You kids and your imaginations.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Xcalibur254

However, as comets and asteroids are completely different I don't think you can use an asteroid chart to determine a comet's size based on magnitude.

It is the chart that is IN the NEOs web sites, they do not distinguish between comets and asteroids, so I THINK YOU ARE WRONG !

IF you are WRIGHT post links to the correct chart and value.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So, you claim we need to do research, but you're the one who posts the 1983 Washington Post article as proof of Nibiru. A simple Google search would have provided you with the original source article, as well as the two follow-up articles. In fact the first hit when you search "1983 Washington Post article on Planet X" is a page that has links to all three of these articles and explains why the claims by fearmongers are wrong. So, before you go out and make another thread maybe you should start doing some actual research as opposed to parroting what you hear Terral, Lucus, and the others like them say on YouTube.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dudewhoa25

So you found an article about ELEnin that says DEBUNKED ...

... GOOD FOR YOU !!!

Now go read the OP again and keep on reading it over and over until you understand what it is getting AND THEN ADDRESS that because HAVE address the issues of the OP

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

You ask a question ...

I answer your question, then you make an assertion that my answer is WRONG ...

... yet you do NOTHING AT ALL to support your WILD RIDICULOUS ASSERTION !!!

In doing so make yourself TOTALLY guilty of everything you accuse me of.

I call SHANANIGANS I WIN !!!

edit on 9-7-2011 by MACchine because: fix

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Comet Elenin is nothing but a 3-4 kilometes that might not even come close to Earth to be seen by the unaided eye, and no it's not Nibiru, a myth that has been debunked by the discoverer of the comet.
It is currently been observed by the Stereo B team of NASA, where images should become available soon.

spaceobs.org...

What if we replace comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin) by brown dwarf with mass about 0.05 of Solar mass? This video demonstrate time interval from 2000 to 2020 years. As you can see, dramatic changes in the orbit of Saturn would have started 3 years ago. But at this time all planets are on it’s nominal orbits. I think myth about “brown dwarf instead comet Elenin” is debunked. You can see that by yourself.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Now go read the OP again and keep on reading it over and over until you understand what it is getting AND THEN ADDRESS that because HAVE address the issues of the OP

I suggest you go back and re-read everything you cited until you understand what it actually says. (And I suspect you may not be entirely truthful about having used the JPL Database Browser for years.)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join